Sunday camp thread 7/27

Culpfiction

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Matt Bowen ‏@MattBowen41 29s
Tillman just displayed the ideal "bail" technique vs. Marshall. Sink, stack & press the WR to sideline. Veteran stuff. #Bears

Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman 42s
I'm not sure Patrick Mannelly ever had a bad snap in Bourbonnais. Can't say the same in the post-Pat era.

Culpfiction

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rich Campbell ‏@Rich_Campbell 21s
Long snapper Chad Rempel, the 10-year CFL vet, snapped one that O'Donnell had to jump for and bounced another one back. Not a good start.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
Jim Allen ‏@jimmyray78 11m

Put it in ink. Chris Williams is making the team.

@AHSILLINI32 9m

@jimmyray78 b/c of return skills or wr skills? Or both?

Jim Allen ‏@jimmyray78 2m

@AHSILLINI32 both. Has great hands.

Little conversation I had with this guy about Williams. Great to hear this.

NavyBlue

Paul Heyman Guy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rich Campbell ‏@Rich_Campbell 2m
Sixth-round rookie Pat O'Donnell was far superior to Tress Way in 2 segments of team punting drills. Better distance, hang time & placement.

So much for the "competition" lol

NE.Rugger

Liked Posts:
Competitions the name of the game right now. Our DL vs our OL. Marshall, Jeffrey, Wilson vs Tillman, Jennings, Fuller. Should produce some strong units.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks for all the tweets, pics, and whatnot.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I don't think you're quite reading all the tweets. There's been nothing to suggest the OL is constantly getting beat. In fact, there was a tweet about Mills getting the best of young and those two going back and forth and the same with Bushrod/Allen.

Also, could it be that the DL is that improved that they are now challenging an OL that is going to be a strength?

I'm sure you are right about it being DL improvement, the OL was fine last year for most games. But I've definitely read plenty about Trevor Scott and Nate Collins dominating and nothing about O-Linemen looking awesome. But all things considered, its probably better that way.

chitownbears88

CSS Resident Curtis Enis
Liked Posts:
I'm sure you are right about it being DL improvement, the OL was fine last year for most games. But I've definitely read plenty about Trevor Scott and Nate Collins dominating and nothing about O-Linemen looking awesome. But all things considered, its probably better that way.

And if the o-line was dominating you would be compaining about the d-line not being impressive. Camp isn't about that stuff. It is about learning the plays and getting back into the routine of playing. Right now we are hearing good things about both sides, even without Long playing on the O-line. Someone has to get beat in these drills, it is about getting better overall.

Culpfiction

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jen Lada ‏@JenLada 2m
Between nice PBU by Mundy on Bennett & a deflection at the line (Bass?) on recent play, defense showing well today. #BearsCamp

NavyBlue

Paul Heyman Guy
Donator
Liked Posts:
To be fair, Collins dominated against reserves and Scott beat Mills once. I'm not concerned because there is really no way our O-Line can regress from last year with all 5 starters returning. That's why I'm excited to hear that our D-Line is giving them a bit of trouble.

NavyBlue

Paul Heyman Guy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jen Lada ‏@JenLada 7s
Houston has gotten through a few times as well for would-be sacks. Officials get here on 31st to start keeping these guys honest. #BearsCamp

Culpfiction

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jen Lada ‏@JenLada 30s
Houston has gotten through a few times as well for would-be sacks. Officials get here on 31st to start keeping these guys honest. #BearsCamp

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:

They are also mostly going against the 2nd units too.