SuperDitkaMan's Nagy and Pace Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Also, Pace said himself that he wants to build through the draft. He signs FA's to short contracts and they have to work hard to earn another contract or he will replace them in the draft.
Most people that dont like our offseasons just want the big name guys. Those guys dont want prove it contracts. They want huge cash.

I'll give you this for the most part but he did signed McPhatee for 5 years for close to $40m and he did not do his due diligence on McPhatee's chronic knees issue. Balt didn't even try to pony up to keep him.

Trevathan's contract was 4 years with close to $8m hits in 2019 and 2020. Not a bad deal but not a short term prove it deal either.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll give you this for the most part but he did signed McPhatee for 5 years for close to $40m and he did not do his due diligence on McPhatee's chronic knees issue. Balt didn't even try to pony up to keep him.

Trevathan's contract was 4 years with close to $8m hits in 2019 and 2020. Not a bad deal but not a short term prove it deal either.

Obviously McPhee hasnt worked out. He is still really good when on the field, just isnt very often. This one is on Pace. He gambled and lost.

Trevathan's contract was lower than anyone had anticipated. His injury isnt on Pace. I think he got a fair contract.

Now we can go into detail about the other 20 or so if you would like. I aint looking them all up though.

In general, Pace seems to like short prove it deals. Maybe he learned from McPhee? Maybe not?

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well put. And LOOL at those quoting Pace wanting to build through the draft. Knock on wood newbs, every team wants to build through the draft...DUH! Fact is no team is going to hit on all their picks to field a roster DUH x2!! so it's imperative to fill key roster spots through free agency DUH x3!!!

Use some common sense and you can see this is his plan. Seriously, try it once.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
OMFG A FRONT OFFICE WANTS TO BUILD THROUGH THE DRAFT>>>NO FOOOKIN WAY!!! TY FOR QUOTING PACE (He's the only guy wanting to go that route) OTHERWISE I WOULD HAVE NEVER KNOWN!!!!

There is a big difference between trying and actually doing.

LOOL OMG IM A TEENAGER HAHAHA DUH

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Use some common sense and you can see this is his plan. Seriously, try it once.

That is his plan and it's a smart plan. But he has also spent big time dollars in FA. You still have to hit on those you sign. Sure you get bad luck with injuries. But you have to have more then one player in 3 years of FA contribute. That's on pace it's ok to criticize him

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is his plan and it's a smart plan. But he has also spent big time dollars in FA. You still have to hit on those you sign. Sure you get bad luck with injuries. But you have to have more then one player in 3 years of FA contribute. That's on pace it's ok to criticize him

I couldn't care less about him being criticized. He has replaced almost a full roster in 3 years. Some good some bad. Im not going to complain until i see the completed project.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Most people that dont like our offseasons just want the big name guys. Those guys dont want prove it contracts. They want huge cash.

yeah boy...

tumblr_lv3fcgSy1g1r5pin2o1_500.jpg

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Unfortunately the roster inherited required to play heavily in the free agent market. The free agent market is generally a poor way to acquire talent. Tell me a GM that has had great luck in free agency? How have Jax acquisitions worked out?

If Glennon's play continues, the signing is inexcusably bad. However, it will not hold the team back, same as the rest of his FA signings.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Unfortunately the roster inherited required to play heavily in the free agent market. The free agent market is generally a poor way to acquire talent. Tell me a GM that has had great luck in free agency? How have Jax acquisitions worked out?

If Glennon's play continues, the signing is inexcusably bad. However, it will not hold the team back, same as the rest of his FA signings.

You worded it much better then my drunk ass did.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
My whole thing is the money spent. If we can't attract the top guys fine. But we are paying top dollar to league bums. We are about to have a bench warmer qb that cost 18 mil. We have a db with multiple injuries in his career getting 8 mil this year. We signed one of the worst rt in the league for 8 mil a year last fa. Do we have a medical staff what's the excuse for the royal and McPhee contracts?

This is some shitty scouting and spending. This isn't chump change amount of money. You don't see the better teams spending on these bums

Bears are nowhere near a bad situation cap wise. And most of the FA contracts have been either short, prove it, contracts or have an early out.

But let's be honest, even if Pace signed top FAs, you'd be whining about them spending the money on said player (whether they were producing or not).
You are just one of those people that always thinks the Bears should have singed them for less money, with zero grasp on how the free agency works.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bears are nowhere near a bad situation cap wise. And most of the FA contracts have been either short, prove it, contracts or have an early out.

But let's be honest, even if Pace signed top FAs, you'd be whining about them spending the money on said player (whether they were producing or not).
You are just one of those people that always thinks the Bears should have singed them for less money, with zero grasp on how the free agency works.

Well, Pace has had some really bad signings in free agencies and one of them was certainly Glennon.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

You're right I will just defer to your great knowledge of everything. Thanks for putting me in my place

Newblood

Liked Posts:
You're right I will just defer to your great knowledge of everything. Thanks for putting me in my place

Thanks. And I'll count on you to keep not caring about all the pennies the Bears are spending, while also mentioning those pennies in every post.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Regardless of your Rose Colored outlook on things. If the Bears are going to get beyond the mendoza line, Pace is going to have to hit on some impact Free Agent playmakers.

ROFLCOPTER. v-:

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Where do I begin?

Eddie Royal?

Antrel Rolle?

(Probably) Mike Glennon?

Yes he's got an eye for college talent.

That makes him a scout.

But hes NOT a TRUE GM until he proves he can identify worthwhile veteran talent.

Did you forget the Cow tipping tonight?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Thanks. And I'll count on you to keep not caring about all the pennies the Bears are spending, while also mentioning those pennies in every post.

You have 9000 posts is it all nonsense with no substance like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.