SuperDitkaMan's Nagy and Pace Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ryan Pace should overpay older guys on a young team that is rebuilding not bring in young guys that could have some upside!!! Pace is an idoit!

Who cares about?

Phernell McPhee
Aikem Hicks
Josh Sitton
Danny Trevathan
Jerrell Freeman

Reactions: DC

Jechang

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well hopefully if Pace can continue to string together successful drafts, he can become more selective in free agency. Some of these free agent signings were probably desperation moves because the team had so many needs.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Where do I begin?

Eddie Royal?

Antrel Rolle?

(Probably) Mike Glennon?

Yes he's got an eye for college talent.

That makes him a scout.

But hes NOT a TRUE GM until he proves he can identify worthwhile veteran talent.

I think you have to normalize Pace's results against the best GMs in the league to see how he is really doing. Even the best GMs will miss on free agents. The questions is what is the handicap that Pace gets to work with.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
dunno whats the NFL average on productive vs non-productive free agents

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
Well hopefully if Pace can continue to string together successful drafts, he can become more selective in free agency. Some of these free agent signings were probably desperation moves because the team had so many needs.

pretty much...you don't build a team through free agency. you fill holes with veterans until young guys develop.

he did a good job last season overhauling the ILB position and early returns are showing that our secondary will be much improved after the pickups this offseason.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
This is year 3 already. How many more throwaway seasons are you going to give him before it becomes a playoffs or bust scenario?

Schneider and Carroll really didn't become relevant until their 3rd season

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
This is year 3 already. How many more throwaway seasons are you going to give him before it becomes a playoffs or bust scenario?

Year 1 was basically a throw away year since you first have to deal with the leftovers from a previous regime. In fact, it took Pace nearly 3 years to get rid of Cutler. There is no playoff or bust scenario when Pace is really only in his first season in which his mark can be felt on the franchise.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Hicks has been his best FA. Freeman would be up there also if it wasn't for ped use. I guess stinton can have honorable mention. Everyone else complete garbage. Total up the dollars in that garbage also it's pretty bad. Not my money I don't care but it shows on the field why we blow

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
dunno whats the NFL average on productive vs non-productive free agents

Big name free agents are usually less than 50% hit rate.
Don't know about the scrubs

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Hicks has been his best FA. Freeman would be up there also if it wasn't for ped use. I guess stinton can have honorable mention. Everyone else complete garbage. Total up the dollars in that garbage also it's pretty bad. Not my money I don't care but it shows on the field why we blow

For someone who doesn't care about the Bears money, you sure are good at bringing it up in all of your posts.

Or by "don't care", do you mean, "I lose sleep over it"?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
For someone who doesn't care about the Bears money, you sure are good at bringing it up in all of your posts.

Or by "don't care", do you mean, "I lose sleep over it"?

I make $0 from the bears and have Sunday ticket. So if they keep providing a shit product you just change the channel. I'm not a little kid who will watch just cause it's my favorite team. Even without Sunday ticket I would do something better with my time. I don't lose sleep over football well past that point that's for children

So can anyone refute our FA has been garbage? Prove me wrong? Please put me in my place

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I make $0 from the bears and have Sunday ticket. So if they keep providing a shit product you just change the channel. I'm not a little kid who will watch just cause it's my favorite team. Even without Sunday ticket I would do something better with my time. I don't lose sleep over football well past that point that's for children

So can anyone refute our FA has been garbage? Prove me wrong? Please put me in my place
Not to get into your mud fight but free agency is two sided and the desirable players want two things money and championships.

The last three years this hasn't been a team you go to if you want the latter. I think that makes getting the top tier guys much harder.

You have to think Pace has been on the phone with everyone desirable just like any GM. If the team can be more desirable I think you will see higher quality fa signings. I also think Pace has mostly refused to overpay which keeps the guys just in it for the paycheck going to the jags ala Jackson.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, Pace said himself that he wants to build through the draft. He signs FA's to short contracts and they have to work hard to earn another contract or he will replace them in the draft.
Most people that dont like our offseasons just want the big name guys. Those guys dont want prove it contracts. They want huge cash.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Not to get into your mud fight but free agency is two sided and the desirable players want two things money and championships.

The last three years this hasn't been a team you go to if you want the latter. I think that makes getting the top tier guys much harder.

You have to think Pace has been on the phone with everyone desirable just like any GM. If the team can be more desirable I think you will see higher quality fa signings. I also think Pace has mostly refused to overpay which keeps the guys just in it for the paycheck going to the jags ala Jackson.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

My whole thing is the money spent. If we can't attract the top guys fine. But we are paying top dollar to league bums. We are about to have a bench warmer qb that cost 18 mil. We have a db with multiple injuries in his career getting 8 mil this year. We signed one of the worst rt in the league for 8 mil a year last fa. Do we have a medical staff what's the excuse for the royal and McPhee contracts?

This is some shitty scouting and spending. This isn't chump change amount of money. You don't see the better teams spending on these bums

Status
Not open for further replies.