CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
After hearing 49ers GM John Lynch on the radio today I am 100% convinced Pace totally snaked Lynch with the Trubisky trade.

Lynch can't even speak intelligently. He pronounced the word divisive "diVISiv"...instead of the proper way "diVICEiv".

He sounded like a fucking moron. Even the moronic ESPN radio guys called him out on that.

Lynch is a Meathead and the 49ers are screwed.
That would seem to be a perfectly acceptable pronunciation, according to Merriam Webster.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/divisive

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Um, no.

Anybody not weird or meatheady like Lynch pronounces divisive, "diVICEiv".
giphy.gif

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Lynch has said multiple times that there were other teams trying to trade up to 2, but he didn't wanna trade too far back so he took our trade. Teams were no doubt trying to trade up for Trubisky, in my opinion. In the end after recouping a pick, all we gave up was a 3rd and a 4th. That's nothing if that means we get our guy at QB.

Look at the Bears history of 3rd and 4th round picks recently. It's horrible.

I don't even know why this is still a discussion, let it go. Teams trade away picks on draft day to move up and down. People act like we gave away future firsts.

Are you saying he wasn't going to trade with the other teams because the 49ers would have fell to far back in the draft?

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
If pace was a true Genius he would've kept the browns on the phone and the 49ers on the phone at the same time until either A: the niners picked, or B: The niners clock ran out and the Bears were on the clock.

You want pure genius, that would've been it. You get your guy and it costs you nothing except a couple of hurt GM feelers.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He got snaked because they have a NEED at QB.

If Trubisky ends up being a franchise QB...he got snaked.

Needing a quarterback does not equate to wanting to draft Trubisky...

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
The only way he snaked him is if Lynch wanted Trubisky in the first place. Since he will never admit to as much, there is no way of knowing. Lets just call it a fair trade and leave it at that.

If Trubisky wins a Super Bowl MVP and Solomon Thomas is inducted into Canton it will have been a clear win for the Bears.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd put money on the guy Lynch took 20 picks or so later having a better career than Thomas.

The guy he almost reached for at #3 overall? How many times can you be wrong in a single thread?

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
Lynch has said multiple times that there were other teams trying to trade up to 2, but he didn't wanna trade too far back so he took our trade. Teams were no doubt trying to trade up for Trubisky, in my opinion. In the end after recouping a pick, all we gave up was a 3rd and a 4th. That's nothing if that means we get our guy at QB.

Look at the Bears history of 3rd and 4th round picks recently. It's horrible.

I don't even know why this is still a discussion, let it go. Teams trade away picks on draft day to move up and down. People act like we gave away future firsts.
WB, Johnny.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There are far too many frontrunners for CCS Lord Cringemaster.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Nope.

No different than the lack of evidence supporting the idea that he wouldn't have selected Trubisky without the Bears trade.

Right. When I say I don't know what Lynch had in mind, there is no need to back it up. When you say you think he wanted Trubisky, you might want to have something to support your opinion.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
If pace was a true Genius he would've kept the browns on the phone and the 49ers on the phone at the same time until either A: the niners picked, or B: The niners clock ran out and the Bears were on the clock.

You want pure genius, that would've been it. You get your guy and it costs you nothing except a couple of hurt GM feelers.

If Pace would have held Cleveland off too long they would have engaged with SF themselves or some other team may have leapfrogged the Bears fearing JAX or the Jets may take him, or that Cleveland is trading up with Bears to get him. They had a guy they liked and got him. No need to risk any other scenarios playing out.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
If Pace would have held Cleveland off too long they would have engaged with SF themselves or some other team may have leapfrogged the Bears fearing JAX or the Jets may take him, or that Cleveland is trading up with Bears to get him. They had a guy they liked and got him. No need to risk any other scenarios playing out.
I'm just saying that would've been pure genius. Holding all the dogs at Bay that are after your guy and still getting your guy at no out of pocket cost would've been genius.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.