CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Wait a second.....I've heard repeatedly on this forum that Leno sucks. Is this not true?

Definitely not true and he has improved every season. Probably the most underrated player on the team. Most teams would love to have Leno.

greg23

Liked Posts:
When you compare his value to the team to his draft position, Leno's the Bears' best pick in at least 30 years, right?

Devin Hester wins that honor hands down....and it's not even close.

Guy was the best returner in the history of the nfl (and is a hall of famer if they actually recognized special teams).....no matter what round we got him in, he was a steal and better value than almost anybody we've drafted since 1990.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hence my claim of ineptitude.

Bears struck out on every tackle and have only been able to replace it with mediocrity and hot garbage.

Exactly. THey have tried everything from number one draft picks to 7th round draft picks to over-the-hill veteran tackles. Through several different GMs and HCs. Common thread?????? Of course, the McCaskey family.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Leno is not sensational but you rarely hear the guys name called and that is something we Bears fans are not generally accustomed to at the LT spot. He had that horrific whiff during the first snap of the 2nd half against Julius Peppers last year that resulted in a strip sack but I honestly don't recall many whiffs like that over the course of his career. If he puts together another solid year there will be plenty of suitors for his services in the league if the Bears don't re-sign him.

My goodness. The human "turnstile" let more guys in on a pocket quarterback than a Toy's "R" Us free toy give-away on a Saturday morning. He is a terrible pass blocker.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Exactly. THey have tried everything from number one draft picks to 7th round draft picks to over-the-hill veteran tackles. Through several different GMs and HCs. Common thread?????? Of course, the McCaskey family.

We're blaming the McCaskeys for bad play at the tackle position now?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Move the guard that we are paying like a OTackle to otackle! Long at Tackle would make our line much better imo. We have a lot of decent guards on the team

It would be a better offensive line with either Long or Whitehair at tackle than at guard or center respectively. All that I am saying is that giving Massie and Leno the tackle positions on this team is ridiculous. Since offensive tackle, especially left tackle is considered the 2nd most valuable person on a team, why short-change the position like they have done for a long long time.