T-Wolves interested in trading for Butler

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I'm disappointed we didn't get a deal done (Dunn :rimshot:) building around Jimmy is a recipe for mediocrity. not to mention potential disaster as hes already undermined his coach and we just tried to trade him.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bulls weren't blown away by an offer and thus they didn't make a trade. I can't say that's a bad move. They still could just as easily make a trade during the season or next off-season and potentially get an even better package than today. Bulls have all the leverage in talks and are by no means backed against a wall to make a trade.

I think that was true with Rose as well...they should have waited, showed his form and improvement early in season and moved him if they didn't have a team or to someone for his expiring.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I wonder if the wolves are also interested in our nearly elite 3 and D player snell?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Snell for Lavine and Dunn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have a younger more athletic nearly elite 3 and d project of their own. Lavine is further along at D due to physical, I think his 3 is behind Snell.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jimmy is not building around mediocrity once he realizes he isn't an alpha. Give him a year to fail with "his" team.

Jimmy wants to be top dog, until he realizes he has to take all the heat and responsibility for the Bulls sucking. The heat Rose has been wearing for him his entire career.

Butler is a fantastic second or third max contract because he can play both directions. I believe he can absolutely be part of a championship puzzle, whereas the direction of Rose's game was pulling his effeciency out of that puzzle equation at 20,000,000.

Do we have a coach who will yell at players who aren't where they are supposed to be on defense, and jacking 40 foot shots for no reason early in clocks?

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
With all the rumors last night, it pretty much sounds like GarPax wants to rebuild. Now, that it is likely that we'll keep Butler for now. We'll now have to see what happens at the deadline. By that time, we should have a rough idea of who's picking at the top and it'll probably be the Nets. They'll likely deal him then, so they have to hope Jimmy has an even better season this year without Rose and doesn't suffer any major injury. That's when his stock will be at its highest. In the end, if the Bulls can get the right to swap picks with the Nets through a trade with the Celtics, if the Kings finish in the 11-14 range and we get their pick, and with it being a good FA class, it should be an exciting offseason next year for the Bulls as long as GarPax doesn't screw it up, which is certainly possible.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
If I were garpax I would only do a deal if it involves wiggins and dunn. They bulls have all the leverage. They have the best 2 way 2 guard in the league for 3 or 4 more years on a cheap max contract. They shouldn't budge. I definitely don't wont rubio. I don't even understand why thibs would try offering that garbage. garpax is dumb but not that dumb

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought Buddy Hield was the better fit for the Wolves, but I dont think they could pass up Dunn there. They also have been wanting to get rid of Rubio for some time.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jimmy is not building around mediocrity once he realizes he isn't an alpha. Give him a year to fail with "his" team.

Jimmy wants to be top dog, until he realizes he has to take all the heat and responsibility for the Bulls sucking. The heat Rose has been wearing for him his entire career.

Butler is a fantastic second or third max contract because he can play both directions. I believe he can absolutely be part of a championship puzzle, whereas the direction of Rose's game was pulling his effeciency out of that puzzle equation at 20,000,000.

Do we have a coach who will yell at players who aren't where they are supposed to be on defense, and jacking 40 foot shots for no reason early in clocks?

The best thing that could happen for the Bulls is for them to lose big time next season. Hoiberg needs to show that he is over his head and the shiitty VP/GM combo finally is enough for Reinny to fire them. ANd I think that this will happen on its own without any intentional tanking required. This team is missing so many all around players it isn't funny. Shitting drafting. Failure at signing free agents worth a shit. An unqualified head coach. Just a recipe for disaster all around.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I think that was true with Rose as well...they should have waited, showed his form and improvement early in season and moved him if they didn't have a team or to someone for his expiring.

If they waited and he got injured again then you're screwed. The Bulls are notorious for sitting on their hands...waiting is the last thing they should have done. The longer Rose was on the team, the worse off it would have been. They clearly had their minds made up they were moving on and wanted no part in re-signing him. Trading him and getting it out of the way was the best course of action.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
A lot of experts liked yalls draft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
With all the rumors last night, it pretty much sounds like GarPax wants to rebuild. Now, that it is likely that we'll keep Butler for now. We'll now have to see what happens at the deadline. By that time, we should have a rough idea of who's picking at the top and it'll probably be the Nets. They'll likely deal him then, so they have to hope Jimmy has an even better season this year without Rose and doesn't suffer any major injury. That's when his stock will be at its highest. In the end, if the Bulls can get the right to swap picks with the Nets through a trade with the Celtics, if the Kings finish in the 11-14 range and we get their pick, and with it being a good FA class, it should be an exciting offseason next year for the Bulls as long as GarPax doesn't screw it up, which is certainly possible.

Man, if we got Crowder, a top 3 pick (in a much better draft) and the Kings pick at 11-14, things would be looking up. Then sign Westbrook or Griffin in free agency. Gotta dream big.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought Buddy Hield was the better fit for the Wolves, but I dont think they could pass up Dunn there. They also have been wanting to get rid of Rubio for some time.

Dunn-Wiggins-Lavine-Towns-and the lengthy center from Louisville.

fuck they are long and athletic, Dunn is definetly the better fit because he replaces Rubio. I can see why they were willing to plug Butler there.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Smart move by the Warriors FO signing Durant. He was barely a factor this year, and most importantly they stopped him from signing with every other team.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Smart move by the Warriors FO signing Durant. He was barely a factor this year, and most importantly they stopped him from signing with every other team.

I just read through this doozy, again... whoa.

Did ChiSox die? Wishful thinking?

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Bulls in talks with Wolves again.

I would definitely consider Lavine, Dunn, #7 and a future 1st.