Tankathon 2024 Draft Offical Thread

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
worse case scenario...

If they draft another QB next year, it BETTER be under a new head coach! If this coaching staff gets them a top 5 pick, then they need to fucking go out the door with half the players they cut.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Much like what happened with Pace and Jon Fox, I imagine we might start hearing stories about how Poles was stuck with Eberflus.
I didn't mind getting a DC as HC but I was probably wrong. It's very difficult to get a top OC without making him the top man.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think @Toast88 already laid out this timeline last year regarding the suspicious hiring of Flus and how quickly it happened without much in the terms of interviews with Flus & other coaches.

Liked Posts:
Draft Caleb and MHJR , trade Fields for a 2nd , sign Ben Johnson as HC , draft OT and Center in 2nd .

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Much like what happened with Pace and Jon Fox, I imagine we might start hearing stories about how Poles was stuck with Eberflus.
Eberflus is the worst HC in the league but unfortunately so is Poles. For the first time ever I think the Bears have the worst in the entire league at both positions.

Mishandling the WR position and having your two biggest weaknesses at O line and D line is insane with all the players that were available in FA and draft.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't mind getting a DC as HC but I was probably wrong. It's very difficult to get a top OC without making him the top man.

I minded. I hated the hire at the time, but was willing to give it a chance. I disliked the OC hire even more. I think GB's offense sucks. (but they have a great oline)

The culture and effort doesn't match the lip service... and I'm about done with this staff.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Eberflus is the worst HC in the league but unfortunately so is Poles. For the first time ever I think the Bears have the worst in the entire league at both positions.

Mishandling the WR position and having your two biggest weaknesses at O line and D line is insane with all the players that were available in FA and draft.
Please list the players available in FA that would have made a difference on the DL. I don’t disagree with the RT position with McGlinchey available but those “available DL FA’s” have all been average their careers and we’re all equally awful yesterday for their new teams.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Please list the players available in FA that would have made a difference on the DL. I don’t disagree with the RT position with McGlinchey available but those “available DL FA’s” have all been average their careers and we’re all equally awful yesterday for their new teams.
Sky is falling fur shoor.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
People keep talking about how he could have signed all these FA DLinemen that would have made a difference but then fail to list any. The draft is a different story though.

I am a little curious as to how Carter would have faired today against the Packers.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I am a little curious as to how Carter would have faired today against the Packers.
Well he got a sack against some backups as NE was missing their 2 starting guards. He did little else though. NE’s line is nowhere near as good as GB’s, GB ranked 2nd last year and are better this year.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
People keep talking about how he could have signed all these FA DLinemen that would have made a difference but then fail to list any. The draft is a different story though.
did the day 2 guys get many snaps? I don't recall seeing them.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
It's early but the Panthers are going to be REALLY bad on offense. And I don't think the other teams in that division are as bad as people think. Tampa Bay goes into Minny and blows up their O-Line. Baker is serviceable as well. New Orleans still has a top 5 defense in the NFL.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also looked like GB knew exactly what we were doing on O. Not really surprising but Getsy sure didn't use that against them.

Zero2Cool

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Boston Red Sox
  2. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Green Bay Packers
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
  1. Wisconsin Badgers
If you all land 1st overall, take Caleb Williams. Do NOT take Drake Maye!!!! I don't need you guys having a good to great QB.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's early but the Panthers are going to be REALLY bad on offense. And I don't think the other teams in that division are as bad as people think. Tampa Bay goes into Minny and blows up their O-Line. Baker is serviceable as well. New Orleans still has a top 5 defense in the NFL.
Its more like a Top 10 unit from what advanced metrics showed at the end of last year. Still a good defense tho