CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I don't think the sky is falling after one game, as I think it's probably a bit more of an issue with it being against the Packers. THAT SAID: it's very disheartening that this is the way they came out.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Its more like a Top 10 unit from what advanced metrics showed at the end of last year. Still a good defense tho
Could be right. I just think overall, the Panthers look like they will finish last in that division. And man, it would have been huge if the Cardinals could have won that game yesterday.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well he got a sack against some backups as NE was missing their 2 starting guards. He did little else though. NE’s line is nowhere near as good as GB’s, GB ranked 2nd last year and are better this year.

Carter had six pressures on Jones, tied for the most pressures by any rookie defensive tackle in a game over the last five seasons.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Please list the players available in FA that would have made a difference on the DL. I don’t disagree with the RT position with McGlinchey available but those “available DL FA’s” have all been average their careers and we’re all equally awful yesterday for their new teams.
Thought I read somewhere that McGlinchey got cooked yesterday

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Fire Flus and hire Kellen Moore. Let him decide what to do with Fields or at QB in general. I said it before we hired Flus you need an offensive guy at the top.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fire Flus and hire Kellen Moore. Let him decide what to do with Fields or at QB in general. I said it before we hired Flus you need an offensive guy at the top.

I spent years listening to Cowboys fans begging for Moore to get fired.

Fans are stuck in this perpetual “grass is greener on the other side of the fence” loop.

Washington

Liked Posts:
It's not like they will need to try to tank. With the OL and DL they have and lack of good play from the QB, the tanking will be natural.

What a complete embarrassment yesterday. I suppose that is shame on me for expecting anything different.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I didn't mind getting a DC as HC but I was probably wrong. It's very difficult to get a top OC without making him the top man.
Smarter people than myself probably know the timeline better. The other difference here is that both of these guys have the same agent, so it's always going to be funky.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
For sure. For every McVay there's 10 Matt Nagys. Doesn't matter what side of the ball your background is in. If you can coach, you can coach. Pete Carroll, Sean McDermott, Mike Tomlin, John Harbaugh etc

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
For sure. For every McVay there's 10 Matt Nagys. Doesn't matter what side of the ball your background is in. If you can coach, you can coach. Pete Carroll, Sean McDermott, Mike Tomlin, John Harbaugh etc
The problem is defensive guys don’t coach offense. And the top offensive minds want to be head coaches.

For every Mike Tomlin there’s 10 Matt Eberflus’ and his mid 90s cover who defense

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It’s early! That silver lining tho!!

Bears are currently TIED for First for the 1st AND 2nd picks of the 2024 NFL Draft!

What should they do with 1 and 2?
Caleb Williams & MHJR?
Caleb Williams & O. Fashanu?
Caleb Williams & Jared Verse?

?
The idea that this is going to finally be the USC QB that succeeds in the NFL after so many of them have failed.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
The problem is defensive guys don’t coach offense. And the top offensive minds want to be head coaches.

For every Mike Tomlin there’s 10 Matt Eberflus’ and his mid 90s cover who defense
I can't think of a time where your first sentence actually mattered. The Bills offense didn't magically fall off a cliff when their HC with a defensive background stayed and their highly sought after OC took a job elsewhere. In fact, you couldn't even tell the difference. Fans overthink these things.

Hire the best guy for the job and you'll be better off in the long run.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1st and 4th overall is my guess lol