Taylor Decker

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not sure he's a left tackle is my biggest concern. Good player though.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/bears-draft-preview-taylor-decker-relishes-kyle-long-workouts/

He's working out with Long and Massie and is projected to go in the first (probably late first).

How would you feel about trading back (if offered) and picking up a second or third in the process to grab him?

No. His blocking scheme did not help him get ready for the pro game. That and he has a shit ton of bad karma because of the dirty hit he put on Jaylon Smith that injured him

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Trade back, grab him and then get Jaylon Smith in the third. #hugitout

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/bears-draft-preview-taylor-decker-relishes-kyle-long-workouts/

He's working out with Long and Massie and is projected to go in the first (probably late first).

How would you feel about trading back (if offered) and picking up a second or third in the process to grab him?

That could work, or if you were high enough on him you could trade back up into the end of the 1st to snatch him up.

I do not want to attempt to move too far with our first. I think we sit pat or move back a few spaces if offered something decent, but to go from 11 - 20+ (Without Wilkerson of course) would be too far.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Oh, look, the Trade Down Clown is back

maxresdefault.jpg

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:

at the 11th overall pick if you trade back more than 10 spots you only do it for a future first round pick.. the value drop from 11 to 21 is significant when it comes to selecting players regardless of what a certain teams needs are...

if we trade down more than 6 spots Im forcing a future first out of the team and thats about all I am asking for... I'd even throw them a pick in the 4th round or later..

What I wont do is trade back without any chance at stocking a future draft pick....

This next year is going to be a litmus test for who works with this team and who doesn't.. Next years draft will be a make or break year for our GM... I am guessing he will want to get some real good value for drafting later. Because a lot of people can say.. You could have drafted so and so.. and we would be in the playoffs....instead you fell back for extra picks which didn't help us...

This town turns on GMs quick... if he is gonna do that he has to really get a first in return

Komodo Dragon

Liked Posts:
I think after the first eight picks the next 15 are pretty much in the eye of the beholder, that being said if the guy we really want at 11 is gone and we go down to like 22 and get a 2 and a 6 I take that without thought. Still get a stud at 22 and say 52. plus 41 and 72

AussieBear

guess it depends on who is sitting there at 11.. if my top few guys are gone then perhaps i look for that trade down

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Do people really think Jaylon Smith is going to fall to the 3rd tho?

He has been pretty much booted out of the 1st. It's all based on his medical record and therapy approach

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Discuss football or leave.
My football discussion is that I hate trade down and the topic is for weak minded fans that think adding more draft choices of lower rated players increases the chance for success which is bullshit. So, there's your football talk and stfu

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
So you would've declined the Redskins offer in the RG3 trade? Also, isn't threatening members of this forum a violation of forum rules?
Where is the threat part, moron?