TBT: A look back at the day Pace ruined the Bears

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
First of all, Trubisky was the highest rated QB according to almost everyone that works on the draft. People were questioning Watson's velocity on the ball for some stupid reason. And Mahomes was like 5-7 every year in a gimmicky college offense.

Secondly, I'd say at least 1/2 of this very message board wanted to wait and build up the OL first before taking a QB.

Hindsight is 20/20. Not excusing Pace. He still F'd up and should not have a job right now but let's not act like everyone but Pace knew how things would turn out.

I was all in on Watson from day 1. Despite 4M attending my alma mater. There were plenty of Watson fans and a few Mahomes fans.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Nagy kind of sucks but when receivers are wide open and Trubisky throws it about 50 yards off the Mark it makes you wonder
He certainly does. It does make you wonder though., but then I think of his personnel decisions.. but then maybe he’s trying to make shit out of shit. His evaluation of his own team is the worst I’ve seen though. Coward alone should tell anyone that.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I was all in on Watson from day 1. Despite 4M attending my alma mater. There were plenty of Watson fans and a few Mahomes fans.

Oh I was too. My saved tweet on Twitter is from March 2017 of Watson in a Bears uniform. Just saying that the majority of people had Trubisky as the top QB. I'm not sure how Trubisky passed up a 3-year starter with a natty and top 3 heisman finish, but for a lot of people he did. I just don't want revisionist history to try to make it like Pace went all rogue on his pick.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
He certainly does. It does make you wonder though., but then I think of his personnel decisions.. but then maybe he’s trying to make shit out of shit. His evaluation of his own team is the worst I’ve seen though. Coward alone should tell anyone that.
Oh yea man for sure. Like running Kmet at the one yard line. That’s not Trubisky. But I also don’t think Nagy’s ceiling is scoring 0-1 touchdowns a game lol. I wanted him fucking gone. I legit have no interest in seeing this team play next year

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I remember my initial reaction to the Trubisky pick was a vocal, "What the fuck?!"

Then I talked myself into liking the pick because we finally made a move for a franchise QB. I wanted Watson, but I wasn't gonna shit on this pick before he ever played a down in the NFL.

Gat dammit that pick set the franchise back 15 years RYAN PACE YOU FUCKING IDIOT.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
You couldn't be any dumber on this topic if you tried. Remember when the Packers had back to back losing seasons before McCarthy got fired? Rogers must be trash..
Yet I've mocked every elite qb the past 10 years on 3 bears forums that no one here would sniff at. Not pretenders like watson.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
2018 doesn't count ?!?
I'll strengthen your argument and not count his 11 win season in 2018. You gonna do last last season where he carried them to a win vs the Bills in the playoffs or no?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Yet I've mocked every elite qb the past 10 years on 3 bears forums that no one here would sniff at. Not pretenders like watson.
Righttttt. The fact that you can't separate the Texans record, and Watson to make a proper evaluation says it all. A franchise with a worse offensive line then us, no real weapons, little talent on defense & coach who completely fucked the franchise before getting fired. But somehow, you expect one player to make up for all of that?. Get a clue. You missed and are continuing to miss on Watson.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Oh I was too. My saved tweet on Twitter is from March 2017 of Watson in a Bears uniform. Just saying that the majority of people had Trubisky as the top QB. I'm not sure how Trubisky passed up a 3-year starter with a natty and top 3 heisman finish, but for a lot of people he did. I just don't want revisionist history to try to make it like Pace went all rogue on his pick.

It really doesn't matter if others had 4M high as others aren't paid millions of dollars to get it right. Pace is paid 4-5 million to make the right call not to just do what the consensus says he said do. So he failed to make the right call and that is all that really matters.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Wrong. Bears were in great position that day. They had the number 3 overall pick and two elite quarterbacks on the board. Cleveland was for sure taking Myles Garret so the Bears were going to finally get their guy. That is, until Pace passed on both of them so he could trade up and draft a QB who can’t even throw the ball.
And you've been crying like a little bitch every day since, inbetween whack off sessions to Mahomes and Watson of course.

Do you think of both while touching yourself, or is it more of a Mahomes in the morning, Watson in the evening, kind of deal. Just curious. :)

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
It really doesn't matter if others had 4M high as others aren't paid millions of dollars to get it right. Pace is paid 4-5 million to make the right call not to just do what the consensus says he said do. So he failed to make the right call and that is all that really matters.
But plenty get it wrong. I still remember when a ton of people on this site were calling Kizer a future stud, or remember a user named Brock bash Cutler nonstop and then said Hundley would be the next great one. Johnny Football, Tim Tebow, etc etc etc.

Players bust. No one can always get it right.

I guess bagging on Pace is the cool thing to do, but who were all the GMs and the HOF QBs drafted before Pace that were on the Bears???

If drafting QBs was easy, wouldn't all 32 teams have one?

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
@Anytime23 Have to love how Trubisexuals like brit cannot admit that a QB on one team is better than the one on theirs so they resort to personal shade like

And you've been crying like a little bitch every day since, inbetween whack off sessions to Mahomes and Watson of course.

Do you think of both while touching yourself, or is it more of a Mahomes in the morning, Watson in the evening, kind of deal. Just curious. :)

Last edited: