TDGT 12/17 Blackhawks (24-7-5) @ Predators (16-14-3) – 7:00PM CSN

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
<p style="text-align:center;"><span style="font-size:24px;">2013-14 REGULAR SEASON

GAME 37
</span></p>
<p style="text-align:center;"> </p>
<p style="text-align:center;">
th_predatorslogo.jpg

<span style="font-size:24px;">vs.</span> 
th_Chicago_Blackhawks.gif

<span style="font-size:24px;">16-14-3</span> 
(6th Central, 11th WC) ------<span style="font-size:24px;"> 24-7-5 </span>(1st Central, 1st WC) </p>
<p style="text-align:center;"><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Nashville is 8-6-2 at Bridgestone Arena. </span>Chicago is 12-5-1 on the road.</p>
<p style="text-align:center;"><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Probable Goaltenders:</span></span>

</p>
<p style="text-align:center;"><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Hawks --- Antti Raanta (6-1-1, 2.41)</span></p>
<p style="text-align:center;"><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Predators --- Carter Hutton (7-3-1, 2.76)</span>

</p>
HerbertThePervert_zps8a145a79.jpg
</p>
catfish-bat-soap-13_zpsab22d0a9.jpg
</p>
<p style="text-align:center;">Here's hoping to continue the streak.... And no jinxes on shutouts this time! >.> </p>

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, the child preds offensive machine could be shut out, so Mass will be wrong again.</p>

</p>

Good GD Wolf..... better than that other guys.  Catfish and Nashville = fish fry?</p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nashville fans sometimes throw catfish on the ice, like the Wang fans throwing octopus on the ice.

Just win and get a streak going. Getting back that 7-2 loss would be nice.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="roshinaya" data-cid="217117" data-time="1387270747">
<div>

Nashville fans sometimes throw catfish on the ice, like the Wang fans throwing octopus on the ice.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Its been a tradition since 2003, believe it or not. </p>

</p>

But screw the history lesson... You got it right... And for that, I thought I'd add a girl to pick this one up for a good time. 

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhETsUps_Xs[/youtube]</p>

</p>

We've even seen a catfish thrown on the ice during a game, too...</p>

</p>

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTz2GJ6udbQ[/youtube]</p>

</p>
<div> </div>
<div>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimson" data-cid="217107" data-time="1387253244">
<div>

Raanta with the shutout.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
</div>

Really, Stu.... You just don't want to see a shutout. </p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
That is just fucking stupid. Even more stupid than throwing octopus on the ice.</p>

chasman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
3-2 Hawks
that is if the team that played sunday shows up

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just win</p>

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="217139" data-time="1387296353">
<div>

That is just fucking stupid. Even more stupid than throwing octopus on the ice.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Its merely a waste of good octopus. Calamari is some good shit if you have it.</p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Calamari is squid.  "Pulpo" is octopus</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="winos5" data-cid="217151" data-time="1387303167">
<div>

Calamari is squid.  "Pulpo" is octopus</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Ohhhh burn... haha</p>

</p>

I hate both of them. Catfish ain't bad I guess... Unless you're Manti Teo... Ohhh that's the picture you should have put up there. I hope someone throws Teo on the ice.</p>

BigPete

Liked Posts:
Don't shit the bed.  That is all.</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
Man, Raanta comes in and is 6-1-1 just like that....</p>

</p>

Looking at our goaltending last year, Raanta jumping in, it only makes me more weary of the contract we gave to Crawford. Yes it is nice to lock up a goalie at a decent price, but to me the proof is there and has been there, if you put a team this good that controls the puck this much, you do not need to spend anymore than 2-3 mil in goaltending.</p>

</p>

But still don't have a big problem with Crawfords contract, like the guy, thinks he's a fine goaltender. That is just the way the cap world makes you think. </p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
Raanta is stil a small goalie who gives up a huge portion of the top of the net, and gets a little too jumpy from side to side. Not that he's bad, but there are a couple big holes that need to be addressed. It would have been nice it those holes were being plugged further up I-90, but Khabibulin has been a dumpster fire.</p>

</p>

Raanta gets a pretty easy one tonight. Friday night will be more of a challenge, especially if the Hawks let Vancouver move the puck as much as they like doing.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="217236" data-time="1387317686">
<div>

Raanta is stil a small goalie who gives up a huge portion of the top of the net, and gets a little too jumpy from side to side. Not that he's bad, but there are a couple big holes that need to be addressed. It would have been nice it those holes were being plugged further up I-90, but Khabibulin has been a dumpster fire.</p>

</p>

Raanta gets a pretty easy one tonight. Friday night will be more of a challenge, especially if the Hawks let Vancouver move the puck as much as they like doing.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Just like the easy one the other night against the Kings?  Friday is no different than two days ago.</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="217237" data-time="1387317975">
<div>

Just like the easy one the other night against the Kings?  Friday is no different than two days ago.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

And in that one, the Hawks' skaters just ate LA's lunch.</p>

</p>

http://www.extraskater.com/game/2013-12-15-kings-blackhawks</p>

</p>

That's why Raanta only saw 16 shots get through to him.</p>

R K

Are you high?  some of those saves were massive quality shots.  Maybe you missed the game?  Or the 2-3 saves on Kopitar alone?</p>

</p>

And it was 22 shots but who's counting.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="217239" data-time="1387318178">
<div>

And in that one, the Hawks' skaters just ate LA's lunch.</p>

</p>

http://www.extraskater.com/game/2013-12-15-kings-blackhawks</p>

</p>

That's why Raanta only saw 16 shots get through to him.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Hah, don't even bother with that stuff man. I mean, to me advanced stats are good, and I think whatever can help us understand the game better is a good thing, but you aren't going to win most anyone here over with it. Believe me. In this example you're talking to someone who believes Brodeur is the best goalie of his era and that you shouldn't take into account the kind of team that a goalie has in front of him, as long as he wins.</p>