dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Someone want to tell me again how Fox is Pace's hire, how it was Pace's decision not to move on from Cutler, etc?

Don't do it man, all they're gonna do is say "well he's the GM" and not admit it could be true that Fox was pushed on Pace.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I am not understanding why many peoples writing on this Board of Messages are not believing Ryan Pace is not allowed to do the work the owner of this team pays Mister Pace to do. Maybe there is a reason I am missing?

Because Pace had to accept the McCaskey conditions if he wanted to get the job.

Or as they say in your country, two gay bats with green bananas stuffed up their asses shouldn't operate heavy machinery unless they rescind their positions as president or owner of the Chicago Bears.

(It sounds better in your native language)

TrilliamShakespeare

Liked Posts:
I am not understanding why many peoples writing on this Board of Messages are not believing Ryan Pace is not allowed to do the work the owner of this team pays Mister Pace to do. Maybe there is a reason I am missing?

It's not that they believe he's not allowed to do his job. The team president holds power over the GM and thus it's not hard to believe that the team president has a say in who does/doesnt get hired/signed/released

and I'm pretty sure, around 97% sure to be exact, that youre that VashalasX fellow

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
All it says is he's trying to figure out the total list of available coaches. Smoke and mirrors.

Liked Posts:
The only way I am cool with Ted making calls if it is to gage the interest of a big fish that may reduce Pace’s power.

Pace is not going to hire a big name that threatens his power and control.

If Ted is calling Rivera, Shaw, Harbaugh, then so be it.

Why would you be cool with Teddy making the calls to the big fish. I think that actually hurts our chances at landing a top candidate more then it does help. People know of Ted's reputation in the NFL. He would be the last guy in the Bears organization I would want to talk to about football.

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
The only way I am cool with Ted making calls if it is to gage the interest of a big fish that may reduce Pace’s power.

Pace is not going to hire a big name that threatens his power and control.

If Ted is calling Rivera, Shaw, Harbaugh, then so be it.

Can’t call Riviera that’s tampering. The other two, I’d rather have George deal directly with if that’s the case. If I were Pace and I found out that Ted was looking at coaches I’d be in George’s office telling him, him or me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Can’t call Riviera that’s tampering. The other two, I’d rather have George deal directly with if that’s the case. If I were Pace and I found out that Ted was looking at coaches I’d be in George’s office telling him, him or me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don’t know if after 33 loses Pace has that type of leverage.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why would you be cool with Teddy making the calls to the big fish. I think that actually hurts our chances at landing a top candidate more then it does help. People know of Ted's reputation in the NFL. He would be the last guy in the Bears organization I would want to talk to about football.

Ted and George are the same thing.

They can the guys that Pace won’t hire and see if they are interested. If not, Pace can hire his guy.

I would be more upset if they were not calling the top guys at all.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why would the HC Candidates want to talk to Pace, when as far as they know, his job could and should be in serious jeopardy as well?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Twitter is a love, hate relationship for me. Breaking news but more premature speculation :-v:cum: which is my take on this.

Teddy would only be doing his job with non coaching related background checks. That would be helping and not meddling.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why would the HC Candidates want to talk to Pace, when as far as they know, his job could and should be in serious jeopardy as well?

He's got 2 years and any HC would assume that will be fulfilled and extended if he does a good job as he expects to. Do you want a guy that's just looking for a paycheck?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dan Bernstien

Sources: any #Bears coaching hire will be made by Pace. Ted Phillips's only role is to contact other teams regarding availability of potential candidates, in his capacity as president. Bears just following protocol in that regard.

Pace is the top #Bears football voice. At this stage, Phillips is ensuring that all contractual and league obligations are followed properly as they consider options. 2/21/2

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Rumor has it that he is contacting David Shaw to see what it would take to bring him over.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
This could be as simple as Philips literally picking up the phone and calling around to see who is available. He then makes a list and gives it to his secretary who then passes that list to Pace.

He has to justify his salary somehow.

Reminds me of the people person guy from Office Space.

[video=youtube;m4OvQIGDg4I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4OvQIGDg4I[/video]

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dan Bernstien

I would not take that for the gospel, nobody knows if sweaty Teddy isn't whispering in ears with his dumbass non-football guy opinions to make sure he influences decisions.

Last edited:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Does ted philips also make sure there is a token interview so they don’t get fined?

billwade

Liked Posts:
This announcement is exactly what I expected to hear. This factoid was released to the media to remind everyone that sweat ted is still firmly in charge of football operations. I imagine a press conference will be held shortly after Fox is fired, and sweat ted will once again proclaim that he must approve any new hire. They'll probably introduce the new consultant at the same time.

I wonder who the next Jauron/Lovie/Testman/Fox monster will look like? I envision someone with a relatively subdued personality with no previous HC experience willing to agree to let the McCaskey's and sweat ted meddle in every decision of consequence like Pace has. Oh, and the new guy will be God fearing. Ginny likes that.