Texans panicking with Russell Wilson available?

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Just because there's a second potential trade partner for the Bears doesn't make us any less desperate to get a deal done or make Houston any more motivated to trade Watson.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Just because there's a second potential trade partner for the Bears doesn't make us any less desperate to get a deal done or make Houston any more motivated to trade Watson.
I disagree. If the Bears "huge deal" goes elsewhere, the Texans lose a lot of leverage. The Bears are extremely desperate and don't have many avenues to get a young good QB. The Panthers, Dolphins, Jets and Cowboys have draft assets to get it done. Vegas already has Carr. So the last desperate teams are probably the Falcons, Saints, and maybe niners.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You mean like Khalil Mack?
Mack, Cutler, Robinson etc. CCS has claimed players were coming here in the past and it's happened several times. Only trade that happened "out of the blue " imo would be Brandon Marshall. @hyatt151 just likes to bitch

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The raiders didn't have many suitors for mack. The bears were the only ones with the cap space and likely too give two firsts. The only other team I thought was in on it was rams and they were about to give donald a huge deal. With wilson and watson, both teams would get a shit load of picks from anyone.
49ers, Jaguars, Jets and Dolphins were in on Mack

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It's kind of brilliant in a fucked up way to use your desperation as a negotiating weapon in order to get two teams who have franchise quarterbacks to send one of them to you.

If the Bears end up being able to land one at a cost cheaper than what we think, just because they can say the other team is willing to give up their quarterback for less, it will be fucking genius...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There's a legit 7-10 teams that would give up as much as the Bears would tomorrow, so not sure why these guys think the Bears would easily outbid every other team.

7-10 teams that can give up more than Bears. Few teams though are likely as desperate. Teams like Dolphins, Jets and Panthers for example all have coaches and GMs that are safe.

You get Watson as a 10-6 Dolphins team and they fail to make playoffs you now putting youself on the hot seat sooner than if you just stayed the course.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
7-10 teams that can give up more than Bears. Few teams though are likely as desperate. Teams like Dolphins, Jets and Panthers for example all have coaches and GMs that are safe.

You get Watson as a 10-6 Dolphins team and they fail to make playoffs you now putting youself on the hot seat sooner than if you just stayed the course.

Those teams are also in position to draft a guy at the top of the draft if they really wanted to.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:

Exactly. That's the part of this people keep missing.

We know they have the assets to outbid the Bears but that doesn't mean they will.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
There's a legit 7-10 teams that would give up as much as the Bears would tomorrow, so not sure why these guys think the Bears would easily outbid every other team.
Picking twentieth makes the Bears a pretty shitty trade partner since presumably a team that deals Russell Wilson or Deshaun Watson would immediately have a replacement quarterback at the top of their list. The one saving grace is Wilson's no trade clause.

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because Pace.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I remember reading the Rams were the next closest team in the Mack derby.
They were but I saw an article saying the beaes were chosen over the 9ers because Gruene thought our pick would be higher. Bears went to the playoffs that year while the 49ers were I believe the 3rd worst in their division

DB012031

Liked Posts:

We know they have the assets to outbid the Bears but that doesn't mean they will.

Not to mention both have no trade clauses so that also limits where they go. Doesn't matter if 7-10 teams have better ammo than the Bears if Watson/Russ only give the approval to talk to 3-4 teams.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
In a way, this is probably the best year for the Bears to "trade" for a Superstar QB. The bears have a very small window with the age of the team before forcing a full rebuild. This is going to make them desperate and as many of eluded to Watson/Russ instantly turn this team in to SB caliber thus meaning the next few years of 1st rounders will be at the bottom of the round. Lets be honest, we are an above average QB from probably making the SB 3 seasons ago as well as a deep run this year.

The other teams that "have ammo" (outside of Miami) are honestly in full rebuild mode. So, with a QB deep draft, why blow through all that draft capital when you are already pretty far away from being competitive. By the time you build the team back up, it could be 3-4 seasons and now you have an aging Russ or Watson at the tail end of this contract and you facing a massive cap hit for his next contract.

Miami is about the only team that makes sense and has the capital to trade for either since they were just a 10 win team and close to making the playoffs, thus, they are pretty close to the next step.

The other thing is the no-trade clause that Watson and Russ have. That severely limits the suitors. That is a big deal because one of those teams, say the Jets, have tremendous assets to trade but Russ/Watson can nix that in a heartbeat and eventually the Texans/Seahawks will have to cave and get what they can.

If Miami doesn't make an offer, the Bears actually have a lot of leverage as both QB's are willing to come to Chicago and the Bears are willing to mortgage the future for this small window they still have.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Mack, Cutler, Robinson etc. CCS has claimed players were coming here in the past and it's happened several times. Only trade that happened "out of the blue " imo would be Brandon Marshall. @hyatt151 just likes to bitch
LoL Imagine that.... Cunting occurs on message boards? Color me shocked!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I am pretty sure that @Grimson had a #Calledit on Mack.... But he will correct me if I am wrong.
pretty sure that was me with the classic @Grimson piggyback but there's been so many of those I've lost count. Not taking anything away from him though, his #calledit record is sublime.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Watson doesn’t prefer to com here and since he would choose the Jets or Dolphins you have to think one of them is going to beat any offer the Bears throws out there.

Wilson is the Bears only hope. Will Seattle want to trade him this year? Probably not. Best chance is going to be a draft day trade up, hope the rookie they pick develops.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
They were but I saw an article saying the beaes were chosen over the 9ers because Gruene thought our pick would be higher. Bears went to the playoffs that year while the 49ers were I believe the 3rd worst in their division
I believe it came down to the Packers and the Bears

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Point is there's 7-10 teams that would give up 3 1st round picks and a young player or more to get D.Watson.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

And doesn't mean they won't. One team will get him and that's the only team that we'll know what they actually offered. Now of course there will be fantasy tweets that will be put out there that certain people on here will run with and convince themselves that that tweet is facts but certain people on here will also know that it isn't facts. That would be the people that use common sense.