Texans panicking with Russell Wilson available?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Picking twentieth makes the Bears a pretty shitty trade partner since presumably a team that deals Russell Wilson or Deshaun Watson would immediately have a replacement quarterback at the top of their list. The one saving grace is Wilson's no trade clause.

Yes i understand how it works and that teams with higher draft picks will be more desirable to the Texans but that's not what my point was. All i'm saying is there is multiple teams that would give up an absolute shit load in a trade for Watson.

Say it's the Jets or Miami that trade for him and they give up one less draft pick then the Bears would have to give up, that would still be those teams giving up as much as the Bears because they're giving up a much higher draft pick that's worth so much more than the #20 pick.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
this is the price for missing on draft picks....had they nailed the qb pick with their number 3 overall, each successive 1st rounder could theoretically given them stars at other positions...rookie stars who haven't hit their 2nd contract yet. Now they've missed with one, and would have to potentially give up 3 additional ones....to get a guy they could have had......The Colts had years of playoff wins just from hitting on Peyton Manning...Edge James and Marvin Harrison...Pace missed on 3 consecutive 1st rounders.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Watson doesn’t prefer to com here and since he would choose the Jets or Dolphins you have to think one of them is going to beat any offer the Bears throws out there.

Wilson is the Bears only hope. Will Seattle want to trade him this year? Probably not. Best chance is going to be a draft day trade up, hope the rookie they pick develops.

I wonder if the Bears did offer the most if they would tell Watson that if you want out so badly then you have to accept a trade to the Bears cause they're offering the most so take it or leave it. I would think he wants out bad enough that he would okay a trade to the Bears.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
this is the price for missing on draft picks....had they nailed the qb pick with their number 3 overall, each successive 1st rounder could theoretically given them stars at other positions...rookie stars who haven't hit their 2nd contract yet. Now they've missed with one, and would have to potentially give up 3 additional ones....to get a guy they could have had......The Colts had years of playoff wins just from hitting on Peyton Manning...Edge James and Marvin Harrison...Pace missed on 3 consecutive 1st rounders.

Wait so the Bears had a chance to draft D.Watson but took another QB over him? Ya don't say. :Pace:

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
This will be like all the rumors. When training camp hits and you have two backup QBs competing for a starting job you'll be able to say "remember when we almost had Stafford/Wentz/Watson/Wilson?".

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
This will be like all the rumors. When training camp hits and you have two backup QBs competing for a starting job you'll be able to say "remember when we almost had Stafford/Wentz/Watson/Wilson?".
Oh we say that every year about something. I’m still in the “Remember when we could have drafted Rodgers over Benson” & “Remember when we could have drafted either of 2 black QBs over a white QB” phase

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Point is there's 7-10 teams that would give up 3 1st round picks and a young player or more to get D.Watson.

Is there? Maybe, maybe not. I don't think a lot of those other teams are desperate enough but we shall see.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They were but I saw an article saying the beaes were chosen over the 9ers because Gruene thought our pick would be higher. Bears went to the playoffs that year while the 49ers were I believe the 3rd worst in their division

Same as the Packers, according to the Packers president. Several teams made similar offers for Mack. Premiere pass rushers are insanely hard to find. There are not many hidden gems. You usually only get them at the top of the 1st round. I wouldn’t be surprised if half the league made offers.

Last edited:

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I thought i heard it was the 49ers but did hear the Rams were in it.
Some day you will learn to google for yourself. This board won’t be able to help you during the GED exam if you ever decide to try for one

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Is there? Maybe, maybe not. I don't think a lot of those other teams are desperate enough but we shall see.

Yes there is, but we won't see is the thing. We will never know what any team that doesn't get him actually offered, or at least not the whole package cause that will never come out from a reliable source. I know certain people will see tweets that they want to believe if it makes Pace look bad in any way but that's just how certain CCS posters live.