TGDT 1/2 Blackhawks (28-7-6) @ Islanders (13-21-7) 6:00PM CSN

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="winos5" data-cid="218300" data-time="1388759987">
<div>

I blame the tool who said "Just Win" for me...</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Hey now!!!!!</p>

</p>

494351c49f5735fa155dcda5ea465472ba7802e65e53cc58a65f162276b8f984.jpg
</p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do like the way the 4th line has been playing so that is a positive we can take from last night. (IMHO)</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="winos5" data-cid="218300" data-time="1388759987">
<div>

I blame the tool who said "Just Win" for me...</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I'll make the new GDT for you to say your magic words right now.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We should have had this one 2-1.  The goalmouth scramble happens but the bad change coupled with Bickell's turnover should not have happened, nor Sharp repeating his blunder against Phoenix from the playoffs a few years back and leaving Okposo wide open.</p>

</p>

If he's looking for an olympic bid, that's NOT the way to go about it.</p>

</p>

Also, a bit unhappy with the top-2 lines being too cute and looking to constantly pass and not shoot.</p>

</p>

Saad was good, the 4th line was good, and Crawford was really good, so those are the positives.</p>

</p>

Hopefully our boys go into Jersey with heads freshly removed from their rectums.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
Fandom aside, that was one helluva entertaining game to watch. Maybe the best one all year as far as entertainment value.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Tony DeFrancesco" data-cid="218342" data-time="1388770978">
<div>

Fandom aside, that was one helluva entertaining game to watch. Maybe the best one all year as far as entertainment value.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I have to agree.  Fast-paced. </p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
Nabokov played way better than his usual self last night, but the Hawks weren't getting bodies down low.</p>

</p>

Oduya peeling off early led to the first goal as much as Bickell's turnover did. If he waited to make sure the puck was moving forward, Bickell (though not too bad for a guy his size) isn't exactly a speed merchant when he doesn't have to turn around and chase.</p>

</p>

It was one of those games where the Hawks come out flat then manage to pull it together enough to (usually) win. In this case, they only got a point. They should come out tonight and smoke New Jersey, then nut up for San Jose on Sunday.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="218347" data-time="1388772111">
<div>

Nabokov played way better than his usual self last night, but the Hawks weren't getting bodies down low.</p>

</p>

Oduya peeling off early led to the first goal as much as Bickell's turnover did. If he waited to make sure the puck was moving forward, Bickell (though not too bad for a guy his size) isn't exactly a speed merchant when he doesn't have to turn around and chase.</p>

</p>

It was one of those games where the Hawks come out flat then manage to pull it together enough to (usually) win. In this case, they only got a point. They should come out tonight and smoke New Jersey, then nut up for San Jose on Sunday.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Bold 1: That is an understatement... I would say he was completely off his ass while standing on his head! :)</p>

</p>

Bold 2: Agreed. I think the "dmen" of the board would agree too. Yes, Bickell blew it but it was not his responsibility. If your winger is last man back, the dmen blew it. </p>

</p>

Bold 3: Hawks played well for the 1st period. NYI got a goal and the "mystique" of the reigning champs was gone. Hawks never really recovered. NYI deserved to win it and they did. </p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Concerning bold 2:</p>

</p>

I don't think one absolves the other.  Bickell fucked up *and* the D fucked up.  IMHO neither should get a pass.</p>

</p>

Still, Sharp blowing his coverage pissed me off even more.  This was the *EXACT* same play his made to cause the tying goal in Game 4 (if memory serves) against the Coyotes--he broke coverage to double team the puck carrier leaving his man with more ice than Antarctica to work with.</p>

</p>

Except this time (1) it was in overtime and (2) Okposo is much more dangerous than Whitney.</p>

</p>

I love Sharp and love him on this team, but Christ, Allah, and Odin what the smeg was he thinking? You're better than that!</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="LordKOTL" data-cid="218349" data-time="1388774195">
<div>

</p>

I love Sharp and love him on this team, but Christ, Allah, and Odin what the smeg was he thinking? You're better than that!</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

One fuckup wipes out 10 attaboys.</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
It was a very odd game, the first period had play which were we were toying with them in their end, but as we have seen, when players get too cute with the puck and all of the sudden you still haven't found the back of the net the feel changes.</p>

</p>

The Isles getting the first goal was huge especially with how we were playing, this loss was on our team. I would almost like to see the team settle down when the games gets off to such a crazy start. Everyone in the world knows who the better team is, but you cannot let teams like the Isles off the hook with too many passes, skating out of position etc.</p>

</p>

That is when you lose in OT. </p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="218355" data-time="1388778037">
<div>

One fuckup wipes out 10 attaboys.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I prefer to look at it as a trend.  Keith, who made some fuckups on-par with Sharp's early on in the year, has gone into Norris-mode.  Sharp's fuck-up (a near perfect copy of the playoffs against Phoenix right down to 4-aside) had a bit of a historical precedent--if it didn't i wouldn't have wanted to throw a brick at my TV.</p>

</p>

Either way the core of the team:  Towes, Keith, Sharp, Hossa, Kane, & Seabs; you expect them to fuckup less than all the other players, and not at critical moments--further, I tend to call it like I see it with respect to responsibility on the team. In this case Sharp > Bickell or Oduya.</p>

</p>

Maybe I'm wrong for seeing it as such.  But still, He comes out tonight and tears the shit out of the Devils this will be as forgotten as Bronson Pinchot's career.</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
Sharp's always been streaky as hell. He's just had a much longer hot streak than usual this year.</p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="LordKOTL" data-cid="218367" data-time="1388786024">
<div>

Maybe I'm wrong for seeing it as such.  But still, He comes out tonight and tears the shit out of the Devils this will be as forgotten as Bronson Pinchot's career.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I still remember fondly......</p>

</p>

you-make-emotional-support-bunny-cry-b.jpg
</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="218369" data-time="1388786681">
<div>

Sharp's always been streaky as hell. He's just had a much longer hot streak than usual this year.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

...and just to show I'm not a complete dickbag...MONSTER bounceback game for Sharp.</p>