TGDT: 1/9 Islanders @ Blackhawks 6:00PM WGN

chasman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I could go with the fact that I've never heard of that goalie before. Then again, I've never heard of most of those Isles players last night.

I think they are at the very min. of the cap.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hey, a win is a win is a win, and some guys, like Crawford, played lights-out.

I just really wish Keith would start playing like a Norris-calibre D-man and quit coughing up the puck.

R K

Hey, a win is a win is a win, and some guys, like Crawford, played lights-out.

I just really wish Keith would start playing like a Norris-calibre D-man and quit coughing up the puck.

Seabrook wasn't too good in that aspect either. I think between the two of them they were credited with 6 GA, 3 a piece.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice shutout by Craw... hey how about that
<
Zenon Konopka hack.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
Hawks needed one of these. Crawford absolutely earned the shutout.

While the outcome was never in doubt, the whitewash was no sure thing.

These lineups should be what is iced the rest of the season.

Weird seeing the crowd leave early.

Need to stay on a roll.

Time to exact some revenge on the Avs!

I didn't think it was more or less than any other night. I always thought it was kinda strange though that people would pay good money to go to a game and then kill each other trying to leave early, all to get out of the parking lot the fastest. I always like the seeing the salute at the end and the announcing of the 3 stars. I don't leave until they start the player interview. And I never park in lot C and K so I don't have a problem getting out. The only time I will leave a game early is if the Hawks are down 4 goals or more with 10min remaining in the 3rd. Translated - it doesn't happen too often.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Nice shutout by Craw... hey how about that
<
Zenon Konopka hack.

Would bother me more if I had any clue on who Zenon Konopka is. Never heard of the guy until last night. Who cares about a no name hack that will be playing in Germany in a couple years. His NHL numbers are staggering 6 goals 7 assists in 116 NHL games and 377 penalty minutes. I guess that's more points than I have but still....fuck him. He plays on one of the shittiest teams in the league.

R K

Would bother me more if I had any clue on who Zenon Konopka is. Never heard of the guy until last night. Who cares about a no name hack that will be playing in Germany in a couple years. His NHL numbers are staggering 6 goals 7 assists in 116 NHL games and 377 penalty minutes. I guess that's more points than I have but still....fuck him. He plays on one of the shittiest teams in the league.

And ran around taking cheap shots all night.

At the end when the Islanders finally showed some passion, of course being hacks, Konopka was right there to hack some more.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
Bottom line is that last night's game turned out to be what it should have been - an easy victory at home and nice 2pts in the standings. We have too often had problems with cellar teams this season so it was nice to see the Hawks just romp all over a bottom feeder. Nice to also have a game where you're not biting your finger nails in the 3rd period. And also nice to see that a Hawks penalty did not equal automatic goal against. Happy endings all around.

whiteevo

Liked Posts:
fucking konopka hacked it up last year here too with the lightning. i specifically remember him taking liberties with multiple hawks. happy to only see that eastern conference trash once a year.

bierboy

Liked Posts:
Bookmark that, he has all the games....

I did that some time ago, and that's the first place I look. There have been occasions when his DVR kicks in and changes a channel. But he usually discovers it after awhile and sets it back the Hawks game...

bierboy

Liked Posts:
...Crawford is going to have a stellar career at this level. Something about him I can't put my finger on. We may once again have an all star goalie that was groomed from within. Been a long long long long time. We deserve it....

What I've seen of Crow here and the game I saw him play in Rockford last year really impressed me. I've thought all along that he had the stuff to make here in the bigs. I actually glad the organ-i-zation has taken its time with him; I think it's paying off in spades...

R K

What I've seen of Crow here and the game I saw him play in Rockford last year really impressed me. I've thought all along that he had the stuff to make here in the bigs. I actually glad the organ-i-zation has taken its time with him; I think it's paying off in spades...

He was ready last year but Niemi won the job for Cap reasons. I've always thought Crawford could take the reigns. Glad he stuck it out instead of telling them to fuck off. After all they yanked his chain I never would have blamed him had he gone that route.

I remember his first game backing up Khabi years ago. They pulled Khabi and in pops this kid no older than 18 years old. He looked like he was 12....

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Niemi couldnt have been THAT bad of a choice...based on, well....16 playoff wins. Not sure Crawford couldve done any better than THAT
<

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He was ready last year but Niemi won the job for Cap reasons. I've always thought Crawford could take the reigns. Glad he stuck it out instead of telling them to fuck off. After all they yanked his chain I never would have blamed him had he gone that route.

I remember his first game backing up Khabi years ago. They pulled Khabi and in pops this kid no older than 18 years old. He looked like he was 12....

And you have to admit--his 2nd ever NHL game shutting out the Ducks was a nice surprise, or coming in for Huet in game 4 and only giving up 1--being shorthanded 5 on 3. I personally think we should have left him in the rest of the game.

I think Dr. Craw is probably the best surprise this year.

BigPete

Liked Posts:
Niemi couldnt have been THAT bad of a choice...based on, well....16 playoff wins. Not sure Crawford couldve done any better than THAT
<

Really, really? Cause it was all Nemo that won the cup? Right! Whatever dude, that is the worst argument EVER! He was just the guy between the pipes for an amazing and unstoppable team en route to its destiny.

I could have been in the net and we would have won the fucking cup! He made some fancy saves, but he is not going to be a standout goalie in this league. See SJs record and his stats for proof.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Really, really? Cause it was all Nemo that won the cup? Right! Whatever dude, that is the worst argument EVER! He was just the guy between the pipes for an amazing and unstoppable team en route to its destiny.

I could have been in the net and we would have won the fucking cup! He made some fancy saves, but he is not going to be a standout goalie in this league. See SJs record and his stats for proof.

Now now Pete.................
<

R K

<

I don't think anyone ever said Niemi was a bad or poor choice. I believe what was said that Crawford beat Niemi, and ALL goalies in training camp but due to contract and or Cap reason's Niemi was kept as Huets back up. That's a fact.

I think either would have won the 16 playoff games. Crawford is proving it right now by winning behind a lesser defensive team.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think anyone ever said Niemi was a bad or poor choice. I believe what was said that Crawford beat Niemi, and ALL goalies in training camp but due to contract and or Cap reason's Niemi was kept as Huets back up. That's a fact.

I think either would have won the 16 playoff games. Crawford is proving it right now by winning behind a lesser defensive team.

Niemi pretty much got carried through the Vancouver series if I recall... if not Vancouver it was one of them.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Calm down....calm down...

I wasnt saying it that I miss Niemi....just saying that they won with Niemi and who knows if they would have with Crawford to the ever positive BigPete in net. Having Niemi worked out well.

And Niemi made 827K to Crawford's 800K cap hit that year, so wouldnt Crawford been kept if it was for dollars?

Here...Boynton sucks...Kopecky sucks....Cullimore sucks...Scott sucks...Pisani cant do anything 5 on 5...Skille was a waste of a pick....the team isnt going to make the playoffs...they have no heart....

Almost forgot....Q sucks too