TGDT: 10/22 Blackhawks @ Blues 7:00PM CSN

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]

You better bring friends Jr. :dance:

And I'd rather have him shoot them to the boards than try and keep most of them. Good way to cause GA's when you don't have too. He has very good puck control in that sense. The D is losing the battles on the boards, or in Keiths case last night, giving the puck away, to cause GA's.

Two of the three goals were D not clearing the puck. The 3rd was D redirecting the puck. Nothing of which have anything to do with Turco's rebounds.[/quote]

It is Turco's style. And with the team's scheme to get the puck out of the zone it kind of fits. I think it is just going to take some of the 'Hawks defensemen some time to get used to it.

Turco is also not the only goaltender with this style in terms of puck control, etc. It just is not the norm, and will give fans the heebie-jeebies.

BigPete

Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]

Not a chance in hell on your best day. Two of those guys have their name on the Stanley Cup. One of them TWICE!

And I'm not sure what's going to get worse? The team is going to get worse? I don't agree with that either.[/quote]

Interesting that you can make that assertion when you have never seen me play or skate.

Boynton may be a better skater, but Cullimore and Scott, not a fucking chance.

As for Cullisuck being on the Cup twice...so fucking what, the guy was a 5th Dman on an awesome young Lightning team almost ten years ago and then skated a game or two for another awesome young team that would have won the Cup with YOU on the ice.

[quote name="BigPete"]

Interesting that you can make that assertion when you have never seen me play or skate.

Boynton may be a better skater, but Cullimore and Scott, not a fucking chance.

As for Cullisuck being on the Cup twice...so fucking what, the guy was a 5th Dman on an awesome young Lightning team almost ten years ago and then skated a game or two for another awesome young team that would have won the Cup with YOU on the ice.[/quote]

Dude unless you've played at the NHL Level please don't assume you can or are at the level of even the WORST NHL skater. It makes you sound not so good.

Cullimore is on the Cup, BigPete, maybe your own Cup.

I'm not trying to be a dick either Pete but that's like me saying I could play goal better than HUET. If I could I would have been playing at that level. It was a rediculous statement man.

BigPete

Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]

Dude unless you've played at the NHL Level please don't assume you can or are at the level of even the WORST NHL skater. It makes you sound not so good.

Cullimore is on the Cup, BigPete, maybe your own Cup.

I'm not trying to be a dick either Pete but that's like me saying I could play goal better than HUET. If I could I would have been playing at that level. It was a rediculous statement man.[/quote]

I didn't say PLAY. I said SKATE. And I meant it. PS, I don't mean to be a dick Ron, but its rIdiculous...

As for playing in the league; I did not grow up in Canada starting to skate at the age of 4, I did not play the game my whole life either. I would like to think (but of course can't ever possibly prove) that if I had played as a kid I might have made it into juniors or better. I am the same size and have the same ambition as any average NHLer. That much is a fact.

I do to and did until Sr. Year of Highschool. That said there is no way I skate as good as even the slowest of NHL skaters. Or I'd be playing in the AHL/NHL. I agree they are some what slow but neither of the three has cost us games, rather the #1, #2 and #4 dmen are costing us games.

Other than Boynton clearing the puck and maybe Cullimore's deflection last night.

The give aways from our primary D man are killing us.

BigPete

Liked Posts:
Yes the number of shots and the giveaways by our 1-3 Dmen are hurting us. But you would be shookup too if you had to play 30 minutes a night or skate with these three bums. You can't deny that, can you? I mean really????

That's not the point. In St. Louis he had not skated 5 minutes before the GA's. It wasn't at the end of the game where he might be gassed. Tonight, he was man handled by the defender. I don't remember DK being man handled like that ANY night, regardless of his TOI.

And Hjarlmarsson, there's no excuse for that. Clear the puck, don't pass it to the other team on the blue line.

All this bitching about Cullimore, Boynton and Scott and it's NOT their shots against that are going in the net!!

BigPete

Liked Posts:
Hey, I am proud of Duncs for winning the Norris and being a general fitness nut and badass (the broken teeth incident), but I was a bit surprised that he did in fact win the Norris. He does give the puck up fairly often. He is NO Lidstrom. Not yet anyways.

As for bitching about the other three, A. they are SLOW as molasses, B. they are lucky to still be playing at all, and C. its my perogative.

Feel free but as of right now they are not causing us to lose games. When they do I might jump on your band wagon.

Boyton has played very well considering the minutes Q is doling out to him. Same with Scott and Cullimore. In their normal 6-8 minutes I'm sure they'd be even LESS noticeable.

Last night and tonight it was Duncan and Hjarlmarsson. Unless the Deflection off of Cullimore going to block a shot counts.

BigPete

Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]Feel free but as of right now they are not causing us to lose games. When they do I might jump on your band wagon.

Boyton has played very well considering the minutes Q is doling out to him. Same with Scott and Cullimore. In their normal 6-8 minutes I'm sure they'd be even LESS noticeable.

Last night and tonight it was Duncan and Hjarlmarsson. Unless the Deflection off of Cullimore going to block a shot counts.[/quote]

Well, just keep in mind, I am not dogging these guys personally. I am dogging their performance thus far and I refuse to give a pass because a guy is a third pair player or because he is 37. I am just looking at their actions and their impact on the outcome of the game.

But so far their impact is not causing games. It's the impact of guys that are part of the "core" that are.

If those guys were playing at the level they could and should be, we wouldn't be having this conversation because for the most part the three, #5 through #7, are not the problem.

Especially if they were given the amount of time they should be and not twice that amount.

I was so disgusted with Hjarlmarssons play on that 3rd goal I left and watched the rest of the game down stairs. I can't remember the last time I've done that. 2004 maybe?

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="the canadian dream"]

But as you said earlier its MMA shit now and it's not the same. I hate the fight take down..absolutely hate it. So much that I would just rather do with the entire idea of the hockey fight than have to watch another MMA style wrestling match on the ice. Eventually someones going to be killed by some of those takes downs..head cracked right on the ice. Officials don't jump in at the right time anymore. players don't rspect each other during fights anymore. It's just not the same.

[/quote]

Totally agree. And to add to that, those guys that fight with shields should get a penalty every time.

No consistency there at all.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]I do to and did until Sr. Year of Highschool. That said there is no way I skate as good as even the slowest of NHL skaters. Or I'd be playing in the AHL/NHL. I agree they are some what slow but neither of the three has cost us games, rather the #1, #2 and #4 dmen are costing us games.

Other than Boynton clearing the puck and maybe Cullimore's deflection last night.

The give aways from our primary D man are killing us.[/quote]

There are lots of guys that never made it into the NHL, that are MUCH better skaters than guys playing pro hockey right now. Even at the NHL level. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that I could skate circles around John Scott. Worst skater I've seen since David Koci, who was absolutely brutal. I would put money on me being faster than Cullimore, Scott, AND Boynton, end to end. I play with/against several guys that have played at the pro level(ECHL/AHL/Europe), and in most cases, it isn't their skating that put them there.... There's a whole shitload of very, very good skaters and players that never made it to the NHL. My two cents.

:snooty:

Faster and game skating/playing are two different things.

You should try out for the NHL. After your broadcasting gig. :dance:

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]:snooty:

Faster and game skating/playing are two different things.

You should try out for the NHL. After your broadcasting gig. :dance:[/quote]

Of course they are. I never said I was good enough to play in the NHL. I was just commenting on my skating when compared to those three pylons.

The difference between those that play pro hockey, and those that don't, most often doesn't involve skating ability, skill, OR hockey smarts. Especially at the age that most of these kids make the jump. The difference is typically in dedication and opportunity to advance. Some kids decide to go off and play juniors or college hockey, while most of the others actually pursue an education, a career, or work full time.

E Runs

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Pez68"]

There are lots of guys that never made it into the NHL, that are MUCH better skaters than guys playing pro hockey right now.[/quote]

Tony Salmelainen

maryo

Liked Posts:
[quote name="E Runs"]

Tony Salmelainen[/quote]

HAHAHAHAAA!!! Ahh yes, if only hella speed and cement hands were a winning combination.

Maiden

Liked Posts:
Things will be a lot better when 51 comes back and 24 can start playing 5/6 pairing minutes and PK. I would love to hear a status on Hendry. Is he injured or another player on the Scotty "I'm God do not play list?"

Maiden

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Pez68"]

Of course they are. I never said I was good enough to play in the NHL. I was just commenting on my skating when compared to those three pylons.

The difference between those that play pro hockey, and those that don't, most often doesn't involve skating ability, skill, OR hockey smarts. Especially at the age that most of these kids make the jump. The difference is typically in dedication and opportunity to advance. Some kids decide to go off and play juniors or college hockey, while most of the others actually pursue an education, a career, or work full time.[/quote]

Don't forget politics.

FlaHawkFan

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Maiden"]Things will be a lot better when 51 comes back and 24 can start playing 5/6 pairing minutes and PK. I would love to hear a status on Hendry. Is he injured or another player on the Scotty "I'm God do not play list?"[/quote]

See, I can't figure out whether Hendry pissed off Q or a Bowman. It's really weird. I know he's not great but on the third D-pairing it seems bizarre that Scott would get to play before Hendry, who is much faster (and would appear to be a better match for Cullimore). It's really interesting to me.