TGDT: 11/6 Blackhawks @ Thrashers 6:00PM CSN

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
One gem after another with you.

You are the ONLY one on this entire board with a negative rating. Why is that?

Sorry but the facts don't lie. Q even pulled the team off the practice the morning before the Atlanta game. Troy Murray has been questioning the urgency from this team and ability to show up.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
That was the first time in the history of the game...a team has been pulled off the ice. It's never happened before with any team and it never been used as a motivation tool by hockey coaches.

- I've actually gone into practices as a coach...knowing it wouldnt go longer than 20minutes - no matter what the team did. Our staff would set out knowing that the team would get an ass chewing and kicked off the ice - to set a stage and prove a point. It never meant the team didnt have heart, didnt care, didnt have a sense of urgency....just taking the team to another level.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
That was the first time in the history of the game...a team has been pulled off the ice. It's never happened before with any team and it never been used as a motivation tool by hockey coaches.

- I've actually gone into practices as a coach...knowing it wouldnt go longer than 20minutes - no matter what the team did. Our staff would set out knowing that the team would get an ass chewing and kicked off the ice - to set a stage and prove a point. It never meant the team didnt have heart, didnt care, didnt have a sense of urgency....just taking the team to another level.

Understood - point taken. It's one thing to try and fail but another to not give full effort. That's the part that bothers me - just not seeing the effort. I could have stated that better.

R K

Sorry but the facts don't lie. Q even pulled the team off the practice the morning before the Atlanta game. Troy Murray has been questioning the urgency from this team and ability to show up.

haha!!

FlaHawkFan

Liked Posts:
Now I'm home, a couple things:

1) It was about 50-50 or 60-40 Hawks to Thrashers fans, BUT

2) All the Hawks fans were chanting "Let's Go Blackhawks," which pissed me off.

3) They were going after Stalberg all night, I'm glad he got the game-winner

4) I liked how a few of our goals were ugly, gritty goals. It's nice to see us scratching and clawing up close.

5) Their Kane has a WICKED shot.

6) Loved the JT breakaway, despite the fact that I was on the other end of the ice.

It was a fun game, wasn't it? Even despite the "Let's Go Blackhawks" thing.

I didn't get Eager going after Stalberg all night, or at least most of the night. After the officials broke up one of the scuffles between them Eager skated past Stalberg and started jawing some more, then I saw Toews saying something to Eager. I didn't see too much from Eager after that!

One thing, though -- Turco's game scares me more watching live than it does on teevee. I saw him live in the home opener and thought he looked okay, but watching him Saturday scared the shit out of me. He doesn't seem to have a good grip on when to go after the puck (leaving his net wide open) and when not to. Or at least that's how it looked to my unknowledgeable eyes!

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
It was a fun game, wasn't it? Even despite the "Let's Go Blackhawks" thing.

I didn't get Eager going after Stalberg all night, or at least most of the night. After the officials broke up one of the scuffles between them Eager skated past Stalberg and started jawing some more, then I saw Toews saying something to Eager. I didn't see too much from Eager after that!

One thing, though -- Turco's game scares me more watching live than it does on teevee. I saw him live in the home opener and thought he looked okay, but watching him Saturday scared the shit out of me. He doesn't seem to have a good grip on when to go after the puck (leaving his net wide open) and when not to. Or at least that's how it looked to my unknowledgeable eyes!

At least he didn't go scrounging for the puck and give up an easy goal like Pavelec did!