TGDT: 12/11 Blackhawks @ Sharks 9:30PM CSN

R K

We better not talk about how a quick whistle cost the Hawks the game. It may upset some people that we're actually talking about the game.

The IRONIC part of that was the Whistle came AFTER the puck was in the net.

My only thought there is it rolls back to "the intent on blowing the whistle". One of the most dumb ass arguments of them all. Kind of like calling Diving and Tripping. Doh, which one was it???

Hawks got bit by a bad call. Dallas probably should have had a penalty shot the other night. There are calls fucked up on a daily basis by these assholes. Yet the excuse you hear is "it's a fast game", "it's hard to see everything", ect ect. Fix the fucking inconsistencies or find OFFICIALS that are better!

They flat out cost the Hawks a point last night. No question about it.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Obviously the Hawks got robbed out of a goal, and the officials sucked ass last night. However, I find it kind of hypocritical to bitch about officiating after the Dallas game, where the Hawks were the beneficiary of the poor officiating. NHL officiating is what it is. It sucks and everyone knows it. At the end of the year, I'm betting the bad officiating gets you as many points as it costs you. We had a TON of game to play after that goal was waived off. We couldn't put the puck in the net. Two goals doesn't win many games.

Hawks need to clean up their game and start moving the puck better. That struggle has a lot to do with missing Kane and Hossa, two of our better passers. Before that, it was Campbell out killing our puck moving. Injuries are killing us... Having guys playing out of their element in the top six doesn't help matters at all. I hope we pull a Detroit this year, where we struggle most of the season, and then go on a run at the end of the year when everyone is healthy and clicking.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Even the ref new it was bullshit, but to think they would make it up! I thought for sure the hit on Browy whom did not even have the puck would get it. Man if this game was at the UC, I'm sure that ref would be carried out like Bartman was by security. I think that whistle was blown even before the puck left the stick. I think Q should come on T.V. and say everyone in the stands saw it was a goal, Everyone on T.V saw it was a goal, The players saw it was a goal. We should have gotten a pen. Shot! ( puckjim).

The hit on Brouwer wasn't a penalty. Are you watching an imaginary Hawks game?

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
The hit on Brouwer wasn't a penalty. Are you watching an imaginary Hawks game?

Could have been interference, but that's really just a bunch of guys running into each other and Brouwer taking a shoulder to the chin in the middle of it. I prefer games like last night, where they let the teams play and keep their whistle buried unless the penalty costs or generates a scoring chance. They should have called a hook on Sharp's partial breakaway, though... That was DEFINITELY a penalty they missed. And they should have kept their whistle buried on the waived off Hawks goal too. Like I said though, it is what it is.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Could have been interference, but that's really just a bunch of guys running into each other and Brouwer taking a shoulder to the chin in the middle of it. I prefer games like last night, where they let the teams play and keep their whistle buried unless the penalty costs or generates a scoring chance. They should have called a hook on Sharp's partial breakaway, though... That was DEFINITELY a penalty they missed. And they should have kept their whistle buried on the waived off Hawks goal too. Like I said though, it is what it is.

Agreed.

R K

Obviously the Hawks got robbed out of a goal, and the officials sucked ass last night. However, I find it kind of hypocritical to bitch about officiating after the Dallas game, where the Hawks were the beneficiary of the poor officiating. NHL officiating is what it is. It sucks and everyone knows it. At the end of the year, I'm betting the bad officiating gets you as many points as it costs you. We had a TON of game to play after that goal was waived off. We couldn't put the puck in the net. Two goals doesn't win many games.

Hawks need to clean up their game and start moving the puck better. That struggle has a lot to do with missing Kane and Hossa, two of our better passers. Before that, it was Campbell out killing our puck moving. Injuries are killing us... Having guys playing out of their element in the top six doesn't help matters at all. I hope we pull a Detroit this year, where we struggle most of the season, and then go on a run at the end of the year when everyone is healthy and clicking.

I specifically pointed that out. It doesn't justify it and people most certainly have a right to bitch about it. There are many games were 1-2 goals win. MANY!

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Most certainly could have been interference the puck was no where fucking near him.

Sure it could. But all those players kinda ran into each other. I like it when those type of calls aren't made.

Ice is slippery.

bierboy

Liked Posts:
That last goal was misplayed? It was a tick tack pass in which he had to shift to the other side of the net. Not to many goalies are going to save that....

Yes, it was a tick tack pass, but the shot was not a hard one, and, if you watch Crawford he shifted awkwardly and stabbed at it with his glove missing it. NO WAY am I blaming Corey for the loss....he had a superb game. But that last goal he should have had....

R K

Sure it could. But all those players kinda ran into each other. I like it when those type of calls aren't made.

Ice is slippery.

The slippery ice didn't cause the hit to the head. Nor did it cause the contact without the puck. Could have easily been called interference. Hell they had already taken away a legit goal.

Again folks the whistle did NOT blow until after the puck was in the net. It was the fact he said he MEANT to blow the whistle. Bull fucking shit.

It is what it is. Move on to Colorado tomorrow night. Nothing is going to change the inconsistent NHL officiating. Hell the LEAD BOZO fixes games for his son or insures his "inquiry" will get future no calls.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well that sucked... pretty damn good goalie play though, that was fun to watch. Crawford #1? I am the 2nd biggest supporter of Turco on this team but you can't deny what Corey has been doing.

Ton

Liked Posts:
The slippery ice didn't cause the hit to the head. Nor did it cause the contact without the puck. Could have easily been called interference. Hell they had already taken away a legit goal.

Again folks the whistle did NOT blow until after the puck was in the net. It was the fact he said he MEANT to blow the whistle. Bull fucking shit.

It is what it is. Move on to Colorado tomorrow night. Nothing is going to change the inconsistent NHL officiating. Hell the LEAD BOZO fixes games for his son or insures his "inquiry" will get future no calls.

I agree on all accounts. Officiating definitely cost us this game, and although it may have cost Dallas an extra point, I'd rather not have it "even out" by the end of the season like Pez said and just see some consistency.

That said, just have to move on and beat Colorado regardless of officiating. At least Q didn't blow up like Marc Crawford, shows great composure and puts the team on the right track. Just focus on the next one.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Even though that goal should have counted, IMHO it doesn't dismiss the fact that our passing was lacklustre, we were tying to be too cute on offense and waiting for the perfect play rather than just putting the pucks on net, the fact that our only goal wasn't pretty at all and was scored by Hendry.

I'm glad we got a point, pissed that the refs blew this game, and wondering when someone is going to tell everyone on the team to stop trying to make play of the year and just get the lead and hold onto it by any means necessary.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
I specifically pointed that out. It doesn't justify it and people most certainly have a right to bitch about it. There are many games were 1-2 goals win. MANY!

Oh, I agree that people have a right to bitch about it. I just won't bitch because it isn't something the Hawks or the fans can control. Refs suck. Everyone knows it. lol

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Crawford has had tremendous improvement in his movement in the crease. A couple years ago, his lateral movement was average at best but it's better this year. Also, he's now quicker to move from the top of his crease to back to the post when necessary.