TGDT: 12/11 Blackhawks @ Sharks 9:30PM CSN

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
No, he's practicing just not with the team. It is what is it and the Salary Cap dictates that. Raw deal or not, it's how they save money as the Salary Cap is a daily accumulation.

As far as Hendry Cullimore did not practice the last two days so he very well could be on D.

Yeah, not practicing with the team can't help.... I mean, during practice you are with your linemates for a large number of drills... It's a part of building chemistry. Can't believe we're still so cap fucked that they are yo-yoing this kid. If they wanted to save cap space, they could send one of Boynton/Hendry/Cullimore down...

If Hendry is playing defense, who is our 12th forward? Is Pisani back? Haven't heard any updates about him even practicing....

R K

Yeah, not practicing with the team can't help.... I mean, during practice you are with your linemates for a large number of drills... It's a part of building chemistry. Can't believe we're still so cap fucked that they are yo-yoing this kid. If they wanted to save cap space, they could send one of Boynton/Hendry/Cullimore down...

If Hendry is playing defense, who is our 12th forward? Is Pisani back? Haven't heard any updates about him even practicing....

That's not the point. Not to mention both would have to clear waivers and even if they sucked we'd be screwed depth wise.

Pisani is not back. I have no idea on who the 12th forward would be. You are preaching to the quire on Cap space but they were 400k away from it we ALL knew it would be an issue ALL year.

Q commented all three players could be skating by the end of next week. Hossa for sure as he was close several days ago and probably could have made teh trip.

whiteevo

Liked Posts:
eh i just have a feeling we are going to dominate niemi tonight.

rarely do i call a victory ahead of time, but i am tonight. hawks by a large margin.

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No chat tonight?

99.9% of the mods are at the BHP roadwatch. I posted a complaint in the shoutbox on the main board.

Obviously supraman isnt, so hoping his ass opens it.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, the refs fucked this up properly. Shouldn't even have gone to OT. Bullshit officiating once again. Atleast a point, but holy fuck is it annoying.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As bad as the officiating on this was, it was a sloppy game all around. Passes were sloppy as hell, most of the guys were trying to be too cute, and really, bad officiating is never an excuse.

That being said, I cannot pin this one on Crawford. He came up very big otherwise this would have been a blowout. I think it says that something is amiss when your lone goal scorer is Hendry.

Again, if I blame the loss on anything, it was the guys trying to be too cute and fancy, rather than keeping it simple.

But hey, we got a point.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Can't believe I stayed up to watch that game. Should have went to bed when I almost fell asleep during the snooze fest that was the second period. Our passing is fucking terrible. Sloppy game, and I agree with guys trying to be way too cute. Our only good line was the Toews line, and that was pretty much entirely because of Toews. Kopecky continues to disappoint and make bad decisions with the puck. Hossa can't come back quick enough, so maybe we can get him out of the top six. I thought Boynton and Cullimore actually played pretty good today. Lots of defensive breakdowns with our top four on the ice that Crawford bailed us out on. I thought all four of our big money defensemen sucked, and our forwards were running all over in our zone again. Hendry was one of the better players on the ice, and hasn't played in the last thirteen games. Says something doesn't it?
<

Three points separates second place from eleventh place, and we've played more than a third of the season. Just saying. At least it wasn't a regulation loss.

R K

Can't believe I stayed up to watch that game. Should have went to bed when I almost fell asleep during the snooze fest that was the second period. Our passing is fucking terrible. Sloppy game, and I agree with guys trying to be way too cute. Our only good line was the Toews line, and that was pretty much entirely because of Toews. Kopecky continues to disappoint and make bad decisions with the puck. Hossa can't come back quick enough, so maybe we can get him out of the top six. I thought Boynton and Cullimore actually played pretty good today. Lots of defensive breakdowns with our top four on the ice that Crawford bailed us out on. I thought all four of our big money defensemen sucked, and our forwards were running all over in our zone again. Hendry was one of the better players on the ice, and hasn't played in the last thirteen games. Says something doesn't it?
<

Three points separates second place from eleventh place, and we've played more than a third of the season. Just saying. At least it wasn't a regulation loss.

Funny we won the game in regulation and it was taken away.

I thought it was a solid road game in a hard building to play in. Missing two of the top scorers in the league.

As for the three points it's nice to see most teams catching up or within two games of us and the Hawks still right in the thick of it.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
boring ass hockey game and piss poor officiating. Pretty much sums it up.

p.s. toews is a work horse.

bierboy

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't call it a boring game....kept my interest to the end. Not a good game by any stretch, but, as Ron pointed out, Calgary isn't the easiest place to place. Craw had a great game....until that last goal which he should have had. He misplayed it miserably....

Ton

Liked Posts:
This game sucked.

I thought it was highly entertaining, actually -- but the officiating was AWFUL, probably just as bad as it was in the Toronto/Montreal game.

Not only did they waive off a perfectly good goal because of a blown whistle (which had NO business even being anywhere near his mouth), but the Hawks did not see a powerplay after that point the rest of the game. Wheres the make-up call? Its not as if there was never a good opportunity to make a call, because there were plenty. The refs put the whistles in their pockets from that point on, in fact, I noticed when Crawford covered the puck at the end of the game, it took them nearly 5 seconds to fucking blow the whistle. ARE YOU JOKING?!

The refs fucked this game up, no doubt about it. Should have NEVER went to OT, it should have been over in regulation. The last few games I've watched have been brutal, not just against the Hawks but the entire NHL. Someone needs to hold these refs responsible. I realize its one of the hardest jobs in the world to perform without a mistake, but lately there have just been too many errors and its costing teams points in the standings. Not acceptable!

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If there's such a thing as a number one goalie coronation ceremony, it's time to have it now.

That might have been Crawford's best performance of the year.

Turco should stock up on Preparation H.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Consistency is important if Crawford wants to unseat Turco. Seems like Crawford always had his ups-and-downs through out his career, certainly up right now, but I wouldn't mind seeing Turco start next game.

R K

I wouldn't call it a boring game....kept my interest to the end. Not a good game by any stretch, but, as Ron pointed out, San Jose isn't the easiest place to place. Craw had a great game....until that last goal which he should have had. He misplayed it miserably....

That last goal was misplayed? It was a tick tack pass in which he had to shift to the other side of the net. Not to many goalies are going to save that.

Nice to see others complaining about officiating for a change. Tony we all noticed the late whistle on the puck Crawford froze.

Those to assholes last night should be ashamed of the job they did. They stamped the game.

R K

Consistency is important if Crawford wants to unseat Turco. Seems like Crawford always had his ups-and-downs through out his career, certainly up right now, but I wouldn't mind seeing Turco start next game.

Turco needs one of the next two. Can't just leave him sitting on the bench.

Ton

Liked Posts:
That last goal was misplayed? It was a tick tack pass in which he had to shift to the other side of the net. Not to many goalies are going to save that.

Nice to see others complaining about officiating for a change. Tony we all noticed the late whistle on the puck Crawford froze.

Those to assholes last night should be ashamed of the job they did. They stamped the game.

Usually I don't complain about officiating, but after watching every NHL game broadcasted in the past week, I have to say this has been one of the worst weeks I have EVER watched. Not just Blackhawks games, but the NHL as a whole.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Funny we won the game in regulation and it was taken away.

I thought it was a solid road game in a hard building to play in. Missing two of the top scorers in the league.

As for the three points it's nice to see most teams catching up or within two games of us and the Hawks still right in the thick of it.

We better not talk about how a quick whistle cost the Hawks the game. It may upset some people that we're actually talking about the game.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
Even the ref new it was bullshit, but to think they would make it up! I thought for sure the hit on Browy whom did not even have the puck would get it. Man if this game was at the UC, I'm sure that ref would be carried out like Bartman was by security. I think that whistle was blown even before the puck left the stick. I think Q should come on T.V. and say everyone in the stands saw it was a goal, Everyone on T.V saw it was a goal, The players saw it was a goal. We should have gotten a pen. Shot! ( puckjim).