TGDT: 12/11 Blackhawks @ Sharks 9:30PM CSN

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
whats up with Heatley's eyes man..He looks like an Siberian Huskey. As far as Crawford or Turco...go with Crawford, I say the more playing time he gets againsts formatable foes that could make playoffs the better exprience he will get and understand their game come playoff time, if we make it. Beside its not like its a back to back game. he has gotten enough rest from Wed. to Sat. Kane will start skating next week sounds great! I was hoping Hossa would make the trip but I don't see that happening.

whiteevo

Liked Posts:
heatley broke an orbital bone or something while playing during the lockout. his pupil is permantly fucked. it's why he wears that huge visor.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Yea I think Q will go with that theory as well.

I'm not sure about all of you but it sure does seem strange this year's goal tending is ironically just like last years. Although Turco is paid no where near what Huet was. Turco is a great mentor for Corey. And like Huet, Turco appears to really only care about the TEAM winning.

You could say that with Khabby and Huet too correct? I know they were both highly paid but I think Huet was still getting more wasn't he? And Khabby played better?

I don't know what it is for the hawks, and I've felt this way going back as long as I can remember, but they always play better in front of the backup goalie.

R K

You could say that with Khabby and Huet too correct? I know they were both highly paid but I think Huet was still getting more wasn't he? And Khabby played better?

I don't know what it is for the hawks, and I've felt this way going back as long as I can remember, but they always play better in front of the backup goalie.

Sure but with them they were both true #1 goalies. Last year, just as this, we've had one completely un proven goalie leading the way.

This year has a long way to go yet too so it may play out differently.

bierboy

Liked Posts:
Q announces Crawford starts tomorrow night....no surprise there....

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Ride the hot goalie. Q would be a fool not to.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Though I have disagreed with a lot of Q's decisions this season so far...so neither would surprise me

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wonder if Niemi will play...

Goalie Grudge Match?

Ton

Liked Posts:
He's already beaten us once. San Jose is coming of a long road trip too, and with a loss last night to the Sabres in Buffalo.

Yeah, which Niemi played in so I'm sure we'll see Niitty.

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's already beaten us once. San Jose is coming of a long road trip too, and with a loss last night to the Sabres in Buffalo.

Teams struggle the 1st game at home after a long road trip. The Hawks also get the Avs on monday after their 5 game road trip.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
This year has a long way to go yet too so it may play out differently.

hhaha yeah, I think were were saying this well up until the olympics last year. Keep hoping Huet would capture the clear cut #1 and man up.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure which I find more shocking, the fact that he's going for the record or the fact that he's still considered a rookie. Haha.

Crawford to get chance at Blackhawks record
December 10, 2010 5:22 PM | 1 Comment By Chris Kuc

SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Corey Crawford will be chasing a little history when he starts in goal for the Blackhawks against the Sharks on Saturday night at HP Pavilion.

Coach Joel Quenneville said following Friday's practice that Crawford will start for the fifth time in the Hawks' last six games. Crawford is riding a seven-game winning streak and a victory would pull him into a tie with Denis DeJordy for most consecutive victories by a Hawks rookie goaltender set in 1964.

"I'm not thinking of any personal stuff," Crawford said Friday. "The team has been playing really well. A lot of effort has gone into it from everyone. It's cool, but there's still a lot of work to be done. Can't stop here."

Meanwhile, Jordan Hendry could be in Saturday's lineup for the first time in 13 games. The defenseman has been a healthy scratch and hasn't played since a Nov. 7 game against the Oilers.

"We're looking to get him in (Saturday)," Quenneville said.

Patrick Kane sighting at the bulls game. Couldn't tell who he was with, had a sox hat on.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
And we have angry fans during the olympics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y34LCS0qF_c

<
<
<
<

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
"I was just waitin for fuckin Hitler to come out and give the German Team a pep talk"

<
<
<
<
<

Yeah, from that point on I was rolling. It started a little slow, but there were some awesome lines that were really fucking funny.

R K

Morin recalled. No klinkhammer so Hendry is finally in the line up. I don't get the point of keeping Hendry if you never intended on playing him. Then he plays a game is of course rusty so he sits again for ever.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Morin recalled. No klinkhammer so Hendry is finally in the line up. I don't get the point of keeping Hendry if you never intended on playing him. Then he plays a game is of course rusty so he sits again for ever.

Yeah, Hendry is getting a raw deal for sure. I think he's better than Boynton and Cullimore, so I'm not sure why he doesn't play. Now, we get to see him at forward. Wonderful. That fourth line should be fun to watch tonight.
<

By the way, if they are sending Morin down and recalling him for every game, does that mean he's not practicing? That was the case with Skille when he was on the Rockford express, so I assume it's the same for Morin? Can't practice with the team if you're not assigned to the team. I can't imagine he goes to practice with Rockford when they send him down and then comes back? So he is likely practicing on his own? Another raw deal.

R K

Yeah, Hendry is getting a raw deal for sure. I think he's better than Boynton and Cullimore, so I'm not sure why he doesn't play. Now, we get to see him at forward. Wonderful. That fourth line should be fun to watch tonight.
<

By the way, if they are sending Morin down and recalling him for every game, does that mean he's not practicing? That was the case with Skille when he was on the Rockford express, so I assume it's the same for Morin? Can't practice with the team if you're not assigned to the team. I can't imagine he goes to practice with Rockford when they send him down and then comes back? So he is likely practicing on his own? Another raw deal.

No, he's practicing just not with the team. It is what is it and the Salary Cap dictates that. Raw deal or not, it's how they save money as the Salary Cap is a daily accumulation.

As far as Hendry Cullimore did not practice the last two days so he very well could be on D.