TGDT: 12/3 Canucks @ Blackhawks 7:30PM CSN+/NHLN

R K

Well...

Louongo stole the game no doubt. First time I've seen him play like that in the UC I think.

Did John Scott see another shift after he completely fucked up Seabrooks pass at the blue line which led to goal #1? I don't think so.

No bounces. Kane, Toews, Sharp, Kopecky all had chances.

Lou made two saves in the 3rd that could be considered in the top saves of the year category. Especially the one on Kopecky. Wow.

I won't blame Turco but eventually that guy is going to have to do what Lou did tonight, Right?

They did do a moment of silence for Santo at the beginning of the game. But there are many DUMB FUCKING FANS that don't know what a MOMENT OF FUCKING SILENCE IS. To those fans, you make our fan base IGNORANT please go play in fucking TRAFFIC!!

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well...

Louongo stole the game no doubt. First time I've seen him play like that in the UC I think.

Did John Scott see another shift after he completely fucked up Seabrooks pass at the blue line which led to goal #1? I don't think so.

No bounces. Kane, Toews, Sharp, Kopecky all had chances.

Lou made two saves in the 3rd that could be considered in the top saves of the year category. Especially the one on Kopecky. Wow.

I won't blame Turco but eventually that guy is going to have to do what Lou did tonight, Right?

They did do a moment of silence for Santo at the beginning of the game. But there are many DUMB FUCKING FANS that don't know what a MOMENT OF FUCKING SILENCE IS. To those fans, you make our fan base IGNORANT please go play in fucking TRAFFIC!!

Im pretty sure John Scott had skating lessons from either Kane or Toews because 5 minutes into the 2nd he had a brilliant stop, spin, pass to Bolland who missed wide. For some reason that big oaf hasn't appeared as useless as he was thought to be.

Quite simply.... Luongo raped us tonight... there's nothing else anyone can say!

R K

Im pretty sure John Scott had skating lessons from either Kane or Toews because 5 minutes into the 2nd he had a brilliant stop, spin, pass to Bolland who missed wide. For some reason that big oaf hasn't appeared as useless as he was thought to be.

Quite simply.... Luongo raped us tonight... there's nothing else anyone can say!

Good because that turn over at the blue line was fucking brutal. Caused the biggest goal of the game, the first one. Which when the Canucks score first, they are almost unbeatable this year.

And to be honest I don't think he saw a shift after that.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Good because that turn over at the blue line was fucking brutal. Caused the biggest goal of the game, the first one. Which when the Canucks score first, they are almost unbeatable this year.

Trade John Scott.

Were people really fucking up the moment of silence?

R K

Trade John Scott.

I'm not sure he has any value. He can fight no question about it. But the Canucks are not a team full of grit. I'm not sure I'd have had him in the line up tonight.

Without Pisani and or Hossa I think we are short handed in the forward category.

I thought Morin missed several shifts too.

as for the moment of silence, disgraceful!

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure he has any value. He can fight no question about it. But the Canucks are not a team full of grit. I'm not sure I'd have had him in the line up tonight.

Based on the injury situation and his track record the last two games... do you have another choice?

We were in a chat and these hacks were taking cheapshots left and right early on... I think if you are going to deploy a John Scott it should be early on to set a precedent... but the 0-0 score prevented that.

Of course the Nucks would only start shit when Scott was off the ice... lets make that clear.

All of that is just nonsense in the long run... the Hawks just got owned by Luongo tonight... it's his 1/5 good games he plays against the Hawks, glad he got it out of his system before the playoffs this year +P

R K

and we got two PP's early for that and did not capitalize.

I'm not trying to blame the loss on Scott Stu, I'm just saying that give away directly resulting in the ensuing goal was HUGE. It was the momentum play of the game. Louongo did the rest.

TSN was blaming Seabrook for the pass. Scott was at the time he got the puck, alone on the OUTSIDE of the blue line. He flubbed the puck and the play went from there. Definitely a give away.

Either way tonights game sucked. All the way around. The AHL goalie I was sitting with was just amazed at Louongo.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
and we got two PP's early for that and did not capitalize.

I'm not trying to blame the loss on Scott Stu, I'm just saying that give away directly resulting in the ensuing goal was HUGE. It was the momentum play of the game. Louongo did the rest.

TSN was blaming Seabrook for the pass. Scott was at the time he got the puck, alone on the OUTSIDE of the blue line. He flubbed the puck and the play went from there. Definitely a give away.

Either way tonights game sucked. All the way around. The AHL goalie I was sitting with was just amazed at Louongo.

I gotcha...

Another frustrating point... the Hawks were given a lot of chances on the PP (even 4 minutes straight) to score and they couldn't... I don't know.... The Nucks just had our number all around tonight.... meh.... it happens.

genefoley

Liked Posts:
Right now, the Hawks have as many home as losses as they did all of last year, not good. Also, Keith has been on the ice for more 5 on 5 goals than anyone else in the entire NHL. damn

R K

Right now, the Hawks have as many home as losses as they did all of last year, not good. Also, Keith has been on the ice for more 5 on 5 goals than anyone else in the entire NHL. damn

yea but they are only two under .500 and are playing excellent on the road.

Far to early to worry about it.

The 3rd goal was brutal. They left Turco out to dry.

genefoley

Liked Posts:
Yeah, you're probably right. It's just so strange how they've struggled thus far at home--a place that should a kind to them.

Brouwer is really getting me worried. I feel like he can really be great for this team but he's been invisible the majority of this year. Not really a fan of Q switching the lines all the time, thereby fucking up line chemistry, but he was brilliant on a line with Kane and Toews last year. He's not in a position to succeed where he is now and he can create some space for K and T as he is a bigger, more physical winger than Stalberg. At the same time Stalberg's game could take a step back with a demotion and perhaps Brouwer hasn't earned first line minutes this year. Anyway, just my two cents; curious as to what others might think about that.

R K

He had his problems with JT and Kane last year too. Remember Q juggled them around.

Also remember towards the end of the season and into the playoffs the Hawks did not exactly play well at home. At least for the first two rounds of the playoffs. Something about them at the United Center. Although I don't know they played poorly tonight, verses the other goalie absolutely standing on his head.

Looking at the Western Conference although the other teams, or everyone but Anaheim has games in hand, the Hawks are still right in there. I'm quite sure all these other teams, including the Wings who won again tonight, will have their issues at some point before game #82. At this point it's just to make the playoffs. Once there anything can happen. Home Ice doesn't bother me either as like you I think we are a better road team when the pressure of OUR fans is not on the team.

Stalberg impressed me for a few games, but he's reverted back. I'd actually put Morin up there with JT and Kane for a game or two.

genefoley

Liked Posts:
He had his problems with JT and Kane last year too. Remember Q juggled them around.

Also remember towards the end of the season and into the playoffs the Hawks did not exactly play well at home. At least for the first two rounds of the playoffs. Something about them at the United Center. Although I don't know they played poorly tonight, verses the other goalie absolutely standing on his head.

Looking at the Western Conference although the other teams, or everyone but Anaheim has games in hand, the Hawks are still right in there. I'm quite sure all these other teams, including the Wings who won again tonight, will have their issues at some point before game #82. At this point it's just to make the playoffs. Once there anything can happen. Home Ice doesn't bother me either as like you I think we are a better road team when the pressure of OUR fans is not on the team.

Stalberg impressed me for a few games, but he's reverted back. I'd actually put Morin up there with JT and Kane for a game or two.

I don't see why they would feel pressure on them at home(especially regular season). Not trying to knock Hawk fans at all obviously but this isn't Montreal or Toronto. Two-thirds of the fans are hardly watching the game(exaggeration but you know what I mean) and we're just not that demanding of a fan base like a Montreal or Toronto. When things are down in a game, the fans tend to go quiet as opposed to getting anxious or hostile.

Concur regarding Stalberg. Would rather see Kopecky on that line rather than him or like I said, Brouwer. Not so sure about Morin on the first line but after thinking about it, if he can throw his body around like he's been doing then maybe that could work. With all that depth gone from last year, I think its even more pertinent to have two lines that can hurt you and I don't think Stalberg works with K and T anymore.

R K

I don't get it either. Why they are playing so much differently at the UC verses the road is a complete mystery to me. IF they had the same record at the UC as they do on the road, they'd lead the conference right now.

That's fucked up.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Eh, I wouldn't go that far. Mainly because The Captain thought they could've played better. I think they played better in Vancouver, for example. I do agree, strongly, though-- If the Hawks could've potted one there in the second period, the flood gates would have opened. It seems like, against the Hawks, the more saves Lou makes and as it gets later in the game the more confidence he gets. On the other hand, when he lets a couple in, he can get rattled. As someone else mentioned before(bookie?), the Hawks needed to get more bodies and traffic in front of Lou. Kopecky did OK in that respect. Which begs the question...where was Brouwer? He was invisible again and I feel like I've wondered where he's been too many games this year. I guess he just isn't as effective if he isn't on a line with Kane and/or Toews. He is a guy who can be effective in front of the net against Lou.

That is any goalie worth his salt. Make the first few saves, get a tough one in and then your confidence is set, you have some rhythm going and you've settled in. I was BSing with Dante and I didn't say it out loud but I knew that if we kept making great players that Lou saved we'd be in for a tough night.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
well the Honeymoon with the Hawks and Turco has ended...and the clock is ticking to midnight.

As I have mentioned before we are a different team when Turco is in net then Crawford, When Crawford is in we are skating and shooting with confidence. GOD! I can't be the only one thats seeing this right, I am not a Turco hater by any means as I've mentioned before, But 13 shots faced, I blame the first two goals on him. Please stop putting the blame on the team for his lack of speed. His recovery time after a rebound is atrociously slow. How many games has he lost lost in a row now. I have no confidence in him since the road trip, I have all the confindence in Crawford. I believe if Crawford had started we would have seen a different outcome. Turco is not making the 3 big saves in a game that you would not normally make. Its those saves that makes the team around you play harder and come up with a goal. I see that with Crawford.

As far as the goat of the team I would have to say it goes too Kopecky, he had a number of shots that should have gone in if it wasn't for his wait let me slow the puck then wait let me turn and hmmmm should I lift the puck or shoot ice level.

I hate to say this but gotta give credit where its due. Lou played a great game, and I was at wow, I actually for a moment pictured him in an Indian sweater. Then I slapped my self, haha. He played a great game though.

All in all I guess Mama said there will be days like this mama said. But as far as Turco, I'm convinced he will not be the starter come end of Dec. We don't have the talent level we did like last year to wait as long as we did to figure with Huet while we had an offense that bailed us out. I know many of you will probably disagree with this post, but this is my opinion, so if you reply, please reply with respect. Thanks

Rdrhwke

Liked Posts:
I don't get it either. Why they are playing so much differently at the UC verses the road is a complete mystery to me. IF they had the same record at the UC as they do on the road, they'd lead the conference right now.

That's fucked up.

<

For the life of me I can't figure out why the Hawks struggle at the UC.

But obviously, they play half their games there so might be a good idea to fix whatever the problem is.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
<

For the life of me I can't figure out why the Hawks struggle at the UC.

But obviously, they play half their games there so might be a good idea to fix whatever the problem is.

Obviously it'd Jack Skille's lack of heart because he doesn't want to play in Chicago... he only showcases his talents on the road so someone will pick him up!

But seriously.... DOES NOT COMPUTE why they are struggling so much at home.

bubbleheadchief

Liked Posts:
I will give Burrows credit though. Not many guys go undrafted and work from the lowest of professional leagues (ECHL) up to the NHL and become a solid 2nd liner.

Most guys who go undrafted and up through the ECHL to NHL are usually goons, and they don't last long.

What do you think of Olaf Kolzig's career? he played in Norfolk, when they were still in the "E" I am willing to bet you, if you went back you would actually find more then a few goons who went on to decent NHL careers. Sorry, but for th elongest time (before everything being on cable, the only hockey I ever had a remote chance of seeing was ECHL, it is still pretty good.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I will give Burrows credit though. Not many guys go undrafted and work from the lowest of professional leagues (ECHL) up to the NHL and become a solid 2nd liner.

Most guys who go undrafted and up through the ECHL to NHL are usually goons, and they don't last long.

Yeah, he worked his ass off to become a piece of shit coward.

He's also overrated as a second liner. Where the fuck was he in the playoffs the last two years?

He's a pussy...But to his credit he's a HUGE pussy.