TGDT: 12/3 Canucks @ Blackhawks 7:30PM CSN+/NHLN

supraman

Liked Posts:
well the Honeymoon with the Hawks and Turco has ended...and the clock is ticking to midnight.

As I have mentioned before we are a different team when Turco is in net then Crawford, When Crawford is in we are skating and shooting with confidence. GOD! I can't be the only one thats seeing this right, I am not a Turco hater by any means as I've mentioned before, But 13 shots faced, I blame the first two goals on him. Please stop putting the blame on the team for his lack of speed. His recovery time after a rebound is atrociously slow. How many games has he lost lost in a row now. I have no confidence in him since the road trip, I have all the confindence in Crawford. I believe if Crawford had started we would have seen a different outcome. Turco is not making the 3 big saves in a game that you would not normally make. Its those saves that makes the team around you play harder and come up with a goal. I see that with Crawford.

As far as the goat of the team I would have to say it goes too Kopecky, he had a number of shots that should have gone in if it wasn't for his wait let me slow the puck then wait let me turn and hmmmm should I lift the puck or shoot ice level.

I hate to say this but gotta give credit where its due. Lou played a great game, and I was at wow, I actually for a moment pictured him in an Indian sweater. Then I slapped my self, haha. He played a great game though.

All in all I guess Mama said there will be days like this mama said. But as far as Turco, I'm convinced he will not be the starter come end of Dec. We don't have the talent level we did like last year to wait as long as we did to figure with Huet while we had an offense that bailed us out. I know many of you will probably disagree with this post, but this is my opinion, so if you reply, please reply with respect. Thanks

I can't say I see the team skating differently in front of Turco than Corey. Not saying it isn't happening, I just haven't had my light bulb moment. I do know that when we had Habby and Huet in the pipes the hawks played so much better with Habby in nets. They played with a real confidence in him whereas Huet they seemed to be a lot more conservative.

I've said it to a buddy that I would not be suprised that by the end of the season Corey is the #1. Right now I'm liking him a lot better than Turco. Would Corey have won the game? I dunno maybe, maybe a different shot goes in on him and he still let's in the first one. I will say this though, if you ignored the actual score, the hawks won the game, they outplayed the nucks most of the night but Lou just played better. Congrats to Lou you finally played up to the hype, bravo.

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't get it either. Why they are playing so much differently at the UC verses the road is a complete mystery to me. IF they had the same record at the UC as they do on the road, they'd lead the conference right now.

That's fucked up.

Same number of games at home vs the road-14.

Home: 23 even strength goals for, 36 even strength goals against. Special teams has 7 goals more than opponents.

Road: 36 even strength goals for, 24 even strength goals against. Special teams has 3 goals fewer than opponents.

Even strength at home sucks. It's universal throughout the lineup as Stalberg and Pisani are the only regulars with better +/- at home. The home vs road differential for many of the Hawks is staggering gargantuan(Edit- I've always liked that word... "gargantuan"... so rarely have an opportunity to use it in a sentence).

I don't buy the putting on a show for the home crowd as the difference between the two records. I'm of the opinion that the players are not managing the distractions at home.

canucklehead

Liked Posts:
Yea AV real classy you fuckstick.

I hope next time you go cry to the fucking media you spew your nonsense on the bottom of a 10 foot deep pool so in the end I never have to hear your whining garble again you shithead.

Crying for weeks about the Hawks running up the score and then you have the Sedins on the power play late up 3-0. You know what... I hope you fucking choke on your steak tonight you prick.

you don;t think he did that on purpose to prove a point?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
you don;t think he did that on purpose to prove a point?

He absolutely did it to "prove a point"... what he should have done is kept his damn mouth shut and stopped the waterworks to the media and then done it. You just look like a jagoff if you whine and bitch about it and then do it yourself.

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly I don't get why some people think that Turco's time here is already done and that he had such a strong responsibility of that loss....Lou was good and lucky coupled with the 'Hawks not finishing any of those 6-10 high quality chances that I saw. It is what it is, but Turco was far the reason for last night's loss.

Ron, I also do not get why this team plays so much different at home. It really does seem like some want to put on more of a show for the home town fans, which IMO is stupid. Play to win, I can deal with not trying so hard for highlight goals as I can and will enjoy a simple game with a nice win. Period.

canucklehead

Liked Posts:
I don't get it either. Why they are playing so much differently at the UC verses the road is a complete mystery to me. IF they had the same record at the UC as they do on the road, they'd lead the conference right now.

That's fucked up.

yeah, but if they had the same record on the road as they do at home they'd be one of the front runners for 1st overall pick. That's even more fucked up. They need to address the home games and find out how to win. their games in hand puts them higher in the standings than they truly are, and they need to turn it around before the rest of the teams catch up in games played and the true standings are revealed, especially with 27 more home games to play.

Also, I'd hate to say I told you so about Turco, and it's still early, but it certainly is headed that direction.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Canuckle, I'm going to be point blank honest since AV and his comments to the media have been brought up.

That stuff is why I do not like the Canucks. I don't like whining, excuses, blaming, and dirty looks to the D from the goalie.

Loungo I think is a bit overrated but a solid top 10 netminder than I think has a bit of Huet in him, he seems to rattle easy. The Canucks are a good hockey team, they have a lot of talent and if I didn't hate them I'd feel sorry for them since they can't seem to get it done in the playoffs.

I think a bit of the after the whistle stuff is suspect but I'll be honest I love when the hawks did the same to thing to the nucks last year. Buff and Ladd so many times just bumped loungo after the play because they could. So I get it, I hate it because another team is doing it but I like it when the hawks do it, so all is forgiven.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah, but if they had the same record on the road as they do at home they'd be one of the front runners for 1st overall pick. That's even more fucked up. They need to address the home games and find out how to win. their games in hand puts them higher in the standings than they truly are, and they need to turn it around before the rest of the teams catch up in games played and the true standings are revealed, especially with 27 more home games to play.

Also, I'd hate to say I told you so about Turco, and it's still early, but it certainly is headed that direction.

<
Funny you make comments about ANY goaltender. Your Luongo will never win a cup!

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Good to see a Vancouver victory has canuckle posting.... About the only time I ever see him posting, actually. Can we expect you to disappear until the next time the Canucks beat the Hawks?
<

R K

Well then it's very similar to the Canucks because Lou will never win the Cup either.

As far as the true standing, you are ASSuming those teams will win those "games in hand". The Hawks are without their most talented all around player. Lets remove one of the Sister pussies for half of the season and see how the Canucks too. Didn't fair to well last year during their 10 game losing streak.

So the Hawks are battling injury no doubt and guess what, all those "other" teams that aren't caught up in the "real standings" wil have theirs too.

Wait till Lidstrom the 40 year old goes down. The Canucks have one fucking line and play in a PUSSY WEAK fucking division.

R K

<
Funny you make comments about ANY goaltender. Your Luongo will never win a cup!

Yea well

Hawks 2-1 verses the fucking losers.

Canucks are 1-1-1 against the Stanley Cup Champs.

STANLEY CUP CHAMPS... A saying NO Canuck fan will ever be able to repeat. HAHA

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good to see a Vancouver victory has canuckle posting.... About the only time I ever see him posting, actually. Can we expect you to disappear until the next time the Canucks beat the Hawks?
<

So he won't be around til next season then?

R K

Canuckle is a good guy. Can't slam him for where he grew up. There are a lot of Dumb Canuck fans, he's not one of them. The Canucks will NEVER win the Cup so it's no big deal. They Can dream all they want.

Hell after finally beating the hawks in their THIRD ATTEMP THIS YEAR they are probably planning the SC Parade in beautiful down town Vancouver. Remember we embarrassed them in Vancouver. Bad......

Hell have to dream about something might as well go BIG!

supraman

Liked Posts:
Canuckle is a good guy. Can't slam him for where he grew up. There are a lot of Dumb Canuck fans, he's not one of them. The Canucks will NEVER win the Cup so it's no big deal. They Can dream all they want.

Hell after finally beating the hawks in their THIRD ATTEMP THIS YEAR they are probably planning the SC Parade in beautiful down town Vancouver. Remember we embarrassed them in Vancouver. Bad......

Hell have to dream about something might as well go BIG!

I love looking at the ice in van, 40 year anniversary....of failure

Variable

Liked Posts:
]Well then it's very similar to the Canucks because Lou will never win the Cup either.

As far as the true standing, you are ASSuming those teams will win those "games in hand". The Hawks are without their most talented all around player. Lets remove one of the Sister pussies for half of the season and see how the Canucks too. Didn't fair to well last year during their 10 game losing streak.

So the Hawks are battling injury no doubt and guess what, all those "other" teams that aren't caught up in the "real standings" wil have theirs too.

Wait till Lidstrom the 40 year old goes down. The Canucks have one fucking line and play in a PUSSY WEAK fucking division.

I don't know man, I'm not buying into this kind of thinking anymore. How many years now have people been ASSuming that about the Red Wings and how many years have they just completely thrown that back in their faces. People ASSumed they wouldn't even make the playoffs last year, and that was before the season even started and the injuries started to pile up. It's a two way road here, never say never. It could have just as easily been ASSumed 3 or 4 years ago the Hawks were never going to win the Cup either.

R K

I don't know man, I'm not buying into this kind of thinking anymore. How many years now have people been ASSuming that about the Red Wings and how many years have they just completely thrown that back in their faces. People ASSumed they wouldn't even make the playoffs last year, and that was before the season even started and the injuries started to pile up. It's a two way road here, never say never. It could have just as easily been ASSumed 3 or 4 years ago the Hawks were never going to win the Cup either.

Remind me where they finished last year? Their age showed against the Coyotes and they were completely spent by the time the got to San Jose, who we SWEPT.

Meanwhile they were not good for the games Lidstrom was out and were missing Franzen most of the season.

I'm also not sure if you were paying attention to the Hawks 3-4 years ago. That was well into the building of the SC team. I for one most definitely thought they were building one. From the lock out year ON the Hawk record steadily improved every year.

I ASSumed it. Must have been a pretty good ASSumption because I paid the near 100% price increase because I KNEW it would happen.

Wings are one of the oldest teams in the league. Let's again see where that gets them. Right now, I agree they are playing damn good hockey, but 23 games into 82 means there is a long way to go with some that are near or at 40 years old.

And when you say NEVER for Vancouver it means NEVER. Hawks just got their FOURTH.

Variable

Liked Posts:
For having one of the older/oldest team in the league, the past 4 years:

Conference Semi-Finals

Stanley Cup FInal

Stanley Cup Final

Stanley Cup Conference Finals

I mean, it's unrealistic to expect a dynasty, or even back to back Cups, or even appearing in back to back Finals honestly, but if the Hawks could do something like this, I'd be fucking thrilled. Beyond amazed, especially in today's NHL. That's amazing for any team, but that's what having a "washed up, over the hill" Red Wings team did in recent years and yet fans continue to discount them every goddamned year, giving the same reasons. I know for some fans it's just impossible to compliment Detroit, but their record stands for itself.

canucklehead

Liked Posts:
<

im finishing up my master this semester, only 2 weeks left. i'll be posting more after that.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Missed all but the 1st on this one, and it looks like I just missed Luongo finally playing up to his hype.

In good news though, I did do some direct scouting on Mac Carruth. I'm not sure how Simpson looks in Everett this year, but I do think Carruth has a chance to be our backup in the next couple of years. He had a hell of a strong game against Tri Cities.