TGDT: 12/30 Sharks @ Blackhawks 7:30PM CSN

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Kopecky had an assist last nite, was better in faceoffs as well. Has 7pts in last 11gms...but he sucks.

Boynton has been playing at an NHL level, I didnt realize a slashing penalty - which happens every game - makes him not at an NHL level.

Maybe Sharp wanted/would rather play wing - which makes Kopecky the next center option? I'm sure there were conversations behind closed doors.

R K

Kopecky had an assist last nite, was better in faceoffs as well. Has 7pts in last 11gms...but he sucks.

Boynton has been playing at an NHL level, I didnt realize a slashing penalty - which happens every game - makes him not at an NHL level.

Maybe Sharp wanted/would rather play wing - which makes Kopecky the next center option? I'm sure there were conversations behind closed doors.

I can tell you he was putred in the first and third. I'm not sure he won more than two that I saw. No one was good.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Nope you are looking at it the right way PMX. Can't really argue against what you are saying esp with the way you back up your douchie mouth. The guys making the low dollars are the easy targets and you are right there often isn't enough emphasis on the guys like Hammer. I agree he has sucked eggs this season and has not risen to the occasion. Worst part is he has stopped hitting and that was what made Hammers game so interesting and fun to watch. I don't know why he has become so soft. But the entire team is soft compared to last year and even the year before.

I don't think you will find one fan that thinks Bollands play has been acceptable. We all know he has been down right awful. Again injuries probably play a role in there but meh what can you do? And it just makes the hole at center on this club that much more apparent. Have no idea how that issue will be addressed by the powers that be
<
The cliche is still very strong in hockey. You need depth at center in this league or you go nowhere. Can't wait much longer for Bolland to step up.

I haven't really chimed in on Boynton much this season. Frankly I am more with you on your points about him. Boynton is NOT the reason this team has had it's up and downs. To think it is would be eluding the more important things like the play of Hammer. I still think he is too young in his NHL career though still. Boyton at the very least is a team player and you can see it out there. Is he waaay past his prime? Of course he is and he should probably hang em up at the end of the season but as far as Hawk issues go? He's probably down around the 14 mark of my 20 rung concerns with the Hawks. I just don't care enough about the Boyton factor to even discuss it.

P.S. Kopecky was horrible last night. No one can defend that game from him. He cost the Hawks a couple goals against and he made some maaaajor pee wee hockey mistakes out there. Eddie was on his case all night and I don't blame him for once. Kopecky was disgusting (in the actual meaning of disgusting not the skateboarding slang way). I don't care how many face offs he won he fucking sucked at every other aspect of the game. He and Q combined are the goats of that game. Honestly it was his worst game in a Hawks jersey. If the Hawks had a healthy squad a game like that from Kopecky would have had him benched by the 3rd period.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
They should of kept Ladd and Reasoner and let Bolland go somehow (that was for TCD - beat off material)

I'm out....fun chat...happy new years and be safe in Chitown

And eat douche in canada

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Oh..and for the record...I think the lines should be -

Kopecky - Sharp - Hossa

Brouwer - Dowell - Kane

Bickell - Bolland - Pisani (Skille)

Stahlberg - Johnson - Skille (Scott)

(If Pisani is out...)

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Oh..and for the record...I think the lines should be -

Kopecky - Sharp - Hossa

Brouwer - Dowell - Kane

Bickell - Bolland - Pisani (Skille)

Stahlberg - Johnson - Skille (Scott)

(If Pisani is out...)

Nobody cares about your lines.

OMG the team looks so lost without Toews in the lineup. Really opens ones eyes.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Q was asked in the postgame about his decision to scratch Skille and he gave a very short responce that they were'nt to happy with "Skille's play the other night". So they decided to scratch him. I think even though coaches have to send a message to a young player from time to time Skille was missed last night.

R K

Q was asked in the postgame about his decision to scratch Skille and he gave a very short responce that they were'nt to happy with "Skille's play the other night". So they decided to scratch him. I think even though coaches have to send a message to a young player from time to time Skille was missed last night.

There were many players that didn't play well in St. Louis. You don't make a decision that could possibly cost the "team" two points.

Q is just baffling sometimes. Last night was not the night to show a message to a player IMO.

Forcing Dowell to play Wing. Good call. Yikes!

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
This team is a hot fucking mess. All the way from the president, GM, coaches, and down to the players. That's all that really needs to be said.

R K

This team is a hot fucking mess. All the way from the president, GM, coaches, and down to the players. That's all that really needs to be said.

Yet they are still right there in the Hunt. Have to love NHL Salary Cap parity.

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yet they are still right there in the Hunt. Have to love NHL Salary Cap parity.

And that is going to be missed each time there is a 'Hawks loss.

This season is far from over, and no one is really running away with it at this time.

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bolland has 5 points in the last 5 games and an assist last night (9 points in last 10 games)... and now hes playing bad?

Well, I'm stumped. I expect Boynton to at least be able to play at the NHL level, what do you expect out of Bolland?

Kopecky is playing out of position, Q is to fault there considering he has 4 centers (Bolland, Sharp, Johnson, Dowell)

Bolland has these numbers while playing the checking center role against the opponents top line(s)at even strength. He had a really nice feed on the Campbell goal. But there's no excuse for his face off percentage.

Rdrhwke

Liked Posts:
This game was lost because Quenneville had his head up his ass.

The Phantom call on Seabrook to give them a 5 on 3 to start a period certainly didn't help.

The Seabrook call was pure BS.

And I've given up trying to figure out what Q is doing.

But the above aside, the Hawks took a few too many dumbass penalties against the Sharks.

Rdrhwke

Liked Posts:
What do you expect Boynton or Cullimore to be?

I expect Boynton, as a veteran, to play SMARTER.

Not make dumbass blind passes or take stupid fuckin penalties.

I guess my biggest problem with Culli is that he's stuck pairing with Boynton.

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

You forgot the announcers on the tv side.