TGDT 2/3 Blackhawks (33-10-14) @ Kings (30-21-6) 9:30PM CSN/NHLN

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="220882" data-time="1391543365">
<div>

Hawks are 33-10 in regulation... that's nuts. If they had pulled off even half of those games in regulation they'd still be 40-17.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

How crazy is our Conference and the top three teams in our Division...? </p>

</p>

</p>

Ducks 40-13</p>

</p>

Blues 37-12</p>

</p>

Avs  36-14</p>

</p>

</p>

2nd round and Conference finals are going to be a war.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meanwhile in the East there are 3 teams that could even give a good Cup series. </p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
On international size ice, I take Doughty over Seabs no debate. I'd even take Doughty over Seabs on North American ice. Just a better overall game then Seabs IMO.

PSR you can knock his numbers, but since Sutter came aboard he's had to play a shutdown type role against the other teams top lines. No different than Niedermeyer having to adjust to the Devils system and style of play.

R K

International ice, due to size, might agree.  NHL ice, disagree and his numbers right now do as well.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Deadliest Man Alive" data-cid="220888" data-time="1391546519">
<div>

Meanwhile in the East there are 3 teams that could even give a good Cup series. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I think the top three, assuming Stamkos returned, could give a great SC Finals.  Specially the Bruins. </p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="220895" data-time="1391549397">
<div>

I think the top three, assuming Stamkos returned, could give a great SC Finals.  Specially the Bruins. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I would love to see the Bruins in the East as well. They are REAL good this year. I have gotten to watch them a bit with watching All Hail Dale FLA this year. They will contend, no question to me.</p>

cplmac

Liked Posts:
Seabs should have made team Canada, his talent and experience aside he has a DECADE of playing side by side with Keith, that's a pairing you want on ANY team.   The lefty/righty team Canada draft is a ridiculous gimmick, you don't set aside the number one defensive pairing on earth with the experience together that Keith/Seabs have for a gimmick, it's just stupid.   Seabrook is better than Doughty on almost every meaningful stat.</p>

Seabrook has 6 goals Doughty has 8, Seabrook has 28 assists Doughty has 21, Seabrook has 34 points Doughty has 29, Seabrook is +24 Doughty is +15, Seabrook has 14 PIM Doughty has 54, with the exception of Doughty scoring 2 more goals than Seabs he is well behind Seabrook in every significant category.  If Norris voting were held today Doughty wouldn't be in contention, Keith, Seabrook, Pietrangelo and Niskannen would.   Doughty's stats are actually closer to Leddy and Hammer, he's slightly ahead of both but not as far ahead of them as he is behind Seabrook.</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When it comes to gut check, crunch time, etc. - game 7 of a playoff series, or OT in the playoffs - Seabs "Mr. OT" is my choice. :eek:rcs-buttshake:</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
doughty is still a really good blueliner all though he has never returned to his form from a few years ago. but that happens..not long ago keith was struggling to be consitant too. doughty belongs on team canada and his game will improve with more talent around him. as would have seabs of course had he made the team. dont think a keith seabs pairing for the olympics was ever a consideration though as it was a set keith weber pairing ever since 2010 when they both were outstanding. i love seabs..love him but my issue of him not making the olympics was never one where it was about doughty getting the spot instead. it was a couple of the lower pairing guys that erked me. i have no issues with comparing doughty and seabs though although like trev said doughty is by far the better skater of the two. seabrook has variables that are better than doughty though. cant go wrong with either blueliner depending on the system implemented. </p>

</p>

</p>

and lets be realistic here with doughty. he doesnt have the blueline partner that seabs has had through the years. not taking anything away from seabs as he too makes duncs that much better but doughty hasnt played with that caliber of a partner in LA. </p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="cplmac" data-cid="220897" data-time="1391549854">
<div>

Doughty's stats are actually closer to Leddy and Hammer, he's slightly ahead of both but not as far ahead of them as he is behind Seabrook.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

...and Oduya plays better D. :angry-screaming:</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="220900" data-time="1391550827">
<div>

doughty is still a really good blueliner all though he has never returned to his form from a few years ago. but that happens..not long ago keith was struggling to be consitant too. doughty belongs on team canada and his game will improve with more talent around him. as would have seabs of course had he made the team. dont think a keith seabs pairing for the olympics was ever a consideration though as it was a set keith weber pairing ever since 2010 when they both were outstanding. i love seabs..love him but my issue of him not making the olympics was never one where it was about doughty getting the spot instead. it was a couple of the lower pairing guys that erked me. i have no issues with comparing doughty and seabs though although like trev said doughty is by far the better skater of the two. seabrook has variables that are better than doughty though. cant go wrong with either blueliner depending on the system implemented. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Quit playing peacemaker!</p>

cplmac

Liked Posts:
There are 4 defenseman on the Canadian roster that Seabrook could have replaced, not just Doughty and Doughty is being considered along with Weber as Keith's linemate.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="cplmac" data-cid="220904" data-time="1391551545">
<div>

There are 4 defenseman on the Canadian roster that Seabrook could have replaced, not just Doughty and Doughty is being considered along with Weber as Keith's linemate.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Which is even worse since he and #7 know each other, play on the ice together every game, and have been together some 9 years.  Babcock is an idiot.  Hamhuis?  Good luck with that.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita's Helmet" data-cid="220899" data-time="1391550701">
<div>

When it comes to gut check, crunch time, etc. - game 7 of a playoff series, or OT in the playoffs - Seabs "Mr. OT" is my choice. :eek:rcs-buttshake:</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

There is no more clutch D man on this team, including Keith.  Seabrook is probably one of the most CLUTCH players on this team.  I think that's been proven over and over again.</p>

</p>

Doughty's regressing due to Sutter is kind of a joke.  He regressed before that and has NEVER recovered IMO.  He's going to need a couple of more years like he was PREVIOUSLY before I put him above Seabrook.  My bias aside.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="220916" data-time="1391554801">
<div>

There is no more clutch D man on this team, including Keith.  Seabrook is probably one of the most CLUTCH players on this team.  I think that's been proven over and over again.</p>

</p>

Doughty's regressing due to Sutter is kind of a joke.  He regressed before that and has NEVER recovered IMO.  He's going to need a couple of more years like he was PREVIOUSLY before I put him above Seabrook.  My bias aside.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

What do you mean he's proven it over and over?</p>

</p>

Oh yea...</p>

</p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMjKhJ_vE0k</p>

</p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87bn_-Rg6pg</p>

</p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqUV7iMkmYI</p>

</p>

thats all just within the last calendar year</p>

R K

After this game I knew we'd win the Cup.</p>

</p>

Wish I could figure out how to just post the damn youtube.</p>

</p>

</p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEveabtsUUI</p>

cplmac

Liked Posts:
The hawks realistically probably should have fielded 12 Olympians to Sochi, with a decent case being made for Saad as well, but Seabrook should have been a lock.

R K

Saad definitely deserved it.</p>

</p>

Two things this team has historically been missing were a 2nd line Center and that Power Left Wing Forward.  They've found the 2nd half of that in Saad.</p>

</p>

Playing mixed top and bottom 6 he's quietly 11th in the NHL +/- at +22.  I normally don't put a lot into +/- UNLESS it's very high, which this is, or very low.  Add to that he's played musical lines somewhat and it's huge IMO.</p>

</p>

Should have been a lock.  Especially with his skating ability and the Big Ice.</p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="220930" data-time="1391568552">
<div>

Saad definitely deserved it.</p>

</p>

Two things this team has historically been missing were a 2nd line Center and that Power Left Wing Forward.  They've found the 2nd half of that in Saad.</p>

</p>

Playing mixed top and bottom 6 he's quietly 11th in the NHL +/- at +22.  I normally don't put a lot into +/- UNLESS it's very high, which this is, or very low.  Add to that he's played musical lines somewhat and it's huge IMO.</p>

</p>

Should have been a lock.  Especially with his skating ability and the Big Ice.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

And he deserves to be on the second line.</p>