TGDT 2/3 Blackhawks (33-10-14) @ Kings (30-21-6) 9:30PM CSN/NHLN

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="cplmac" data-cid="220806" data-time="1391490205">

Thanks for the link Trev, I can't get in either because there are "too many" people in there...</p></blockquote>

I had mine open for about 20 minutes and nobody joined, so I closed it. If I'm around I'll do another that way people are aware ahead of time.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="220822" data-time="1391526271">
<div>

I had mine open for about 20 minutes and nobody joined, so I closed it. If I'm around I'll do another that way people are aware ahead of time.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Why would anyone join?  There were no fights to argue about.</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Overall it was a great game to watch. LA came out setting the tone physically, just couldn't bring much of their offense the entire game. When they made it 2-1 I got a little nervous as they were carrying all the momentum, but alas they couldn't carry it all the way.

I liked how Q had enough with the Hawks losing draws and used Smith in the 2nd and 3rd. It's too bad the Hawks have so much depth on D (not really bad I guess) . Any other team in the league and Leddy is a first pairing dman. Looked good last night.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäläinen" data-cid="220824" data-time="1391526376">

Why would anyone join? There were no fights to argue about.</p></blockquote>

My presence alone is not good enough?

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="220825" data-time="1391526590">
<div>

Overall it was a great game to watch. LA came out setting the tone physically, just couldn't bring much of their offense the entire game. When they made it 2-1 I got a little nervous as they were carrying all the momentum, but alas they couldn't carry it all the way.

I liked how Q had enough with the Hawks losing draws and used Smith in the 2nd and 3rd. It's too bad the Hawks have so much depth on D (not really bad I guess) . Any other team in the league and Leddy is a first pairing dman. Looked good last night.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Really I don't know how it is possible, but there offense has been down right anemic this year.</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PSR" data-cid="220827" data-time="1391526654">

Really I don't know how it is possible, but there offense has been down right anemic this year.</p></blockquote>

Could be the system they play (Sutter is known for defensive, drag them out hockey). Lack of chemistry? Tons of skilled guys, but yeah, could be better.

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="220830" data-time="1391526831">
<div>

Could be the system they play (Sutter is known for defensive, drag them out hockey). Lack of chemistry? Tons of skilled guys, but yeah, could be better.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Yea, overall they have a great team, just something isn't clicking. </p>

</p>

Also, Drew Dought got under my skin last night. A few questionable hits and some shoddy play. Hamhuis/ Vlasic over Seabrook, and even Doughty making the roster (with a different type of game) really will never make sense to me for team Canada. Just a shame to leave him off the roster. </p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PSR" data-cid="220837" data-time="1391528424">

Yea, overall they have a great team, just something isn't clicking.

Also, Drew Dought got under my skin last night. A few questionable hits and some shoddy play. Hamhuis/ Vlasic over Seabrook, and even Doughty making the roster (with a different type of game) really will never make sense to me for team Canada. Just a shame to leave him off the roster.</p></blockquote>

I'll take Doughty any day of the week over Seabs. I'm a big fan of Seabs, but Doughty is in a skill level above Seabs. Speed, offensive playmaking. Both are physical, and Seabs is a tad better in his own zone, but Doughty makes for that with his speed and vision. Might get burned like Keith, but gets right back into position.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Justin Williams forgot how to play hockey.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="220840" data-time="1391529223">
<div>

I'll take Doughty any day of the week over Seabs. I'm a big fan of Seabs, but Doughty is in a skill level above Seabs. Speed, offensive playmaking. Both are physical, and Seabs is a tad better in his own zone, but Doughty makes for that with his speed and vision. Might get burned like Keith, but gets right back into position.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I wouldn't, but I'm bias.   Seabrooks experience and leadership trump any slight advantage doughty may have in agility. </p>

</p>

as for their numbers this year, Seabrook totally has the edge just about everywhere but TOI.</p>

</p>

Just look at the give aways.</p>

</p>

</p>

Seabrook 45, doughboy 63</p>

</p>

Take aways</p>

</p>

Seabrook 28, Doughboy 13</p>

</p>

How Seabrook get's so under rated, even by those that watch every game he plays in beyond me. </p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="220825" data-time="1391526590">
<div>

I liked how Q had enough with the Hawks losing draws and used Smith in the 2nd and 3rd. It's too bad the Hawks have so much depth on D (not really bad I guess) . Any other team in the league and Leddy is a first pairing dman. Looked good last night.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

LA once again tried to bully the Hawks and found out that style of play does not work with the Skill level of the Blackhawks.  In order for LA to score goals they must open up the Sutter style D and that left them open to dig the puck out of the back of their net.  The continuous physical cheap play very rarely beats the Hawks run and gun style.   </p>

</p>

There is a reason the Kings have ZERO ability to beat the Hawks and that's primary.</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="220850" data-time="1391532630">

I wouldn't, but I'm bias. Seabrooks experience and leadership trump any slight advantage doughty may have in agility.

as for their numbers this year, Seabrook totally has the edge just about everywhere but TOI.

Just look at the give aways.

Seabrook 45, doughboy 63

Take aways

Seabrook 28, Doughboy 13

How Seabrook get's so under rated, even by those that watch every game he plays in beyond me.</p></blockquote>

To each his own.

Skill wise, Doughty has him beat. Intangibles? Seabs.

R K

not this year's stats he doesn't.  Over all, maybe slight edge, but the intagibles win you Cups as well.</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Skills wise, Doughty is better than Seabs. Faster, better stick handler, vision, passer. Seabs is more defensive minded and overall physical, but I don't think you will find many, really if any, that would take Seabs over Doughty.

No bash on Seabs, but Doughty is top 5 dman in the league. Seabs scratches top 10 definitely top 15.

Again, I'm a big fan of Seabs, but it's Doughtys overall game that pushes him a little further up my list at least then Seabs.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nothing bad I can really say about this one.  Good win all around.

Now go forth and kick the snot out of the ducks so we can all make Emilio Estevez jokes!</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="220872" data-time="1391538548">
<div>

Skills wise, Doughty is better than Seabs. Faster, better stick handler, vision, passer. Seabs is more defensive minded and overall physical, but I don't think you will find many, really if any, that would take Seabs over Doughty.

No bash on Seabs, but Doughty is top 5 dman in the league. Seabs scratches top 10 definitely top 15.

Again, I'm a big fan of Seabs, but it's Doughtys overall game that pushes him a little further up my list at least then Seabs.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

His stats don't say that.</p>

</p>

I would.</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="220840" data-time="1391529223">
<div>

I'll take Doughty any day of the week over Seabs. I'm a big fan of Seabs, but Doughty is in a skill level above Seabs. Speed, offensive playmaking. Both are physical, and Seabs is a tad better in his own zone, but Doughty makes for that with his speed and vision. Might get burned like Keith, but gets right back into position.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I don't see it that cut and dry at all, but just opinion. Since his break out year of 55 or 60 points (somewhere in between) Doughty has not shown the consistency powerhouse offensive dman that needs to be focused on like some of the other premier puck moving defenseman. I like Seabrook much more in the D zone, and overall feel he is just a pillar of what an NHL defenseman should be. </p>

</p>

But yes, the comment was much more geared towards Vlasic and Hamhuis over Seabrook. That and I am more or less going off, if I am put in the position to build a defense and I have the choice of Doughty and Seabrook, on a team with Subban and Keith already...I am taking #7.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Hawks are 33-10 in regulation... that's nuts. If they had pulled off even half of those games in regulation they'd still be 40-17.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PSR" data-cid="220881" data-time="1391542849">
<div>

I don't see it that cut and dry at all, but just opinion. Since his break out year of 55 or 60 points (somewhere in between) Doughty has not shown the consistency powerhouse offensive dman that needs to be focused on like some of the other premier puck moving defenseman. I like Seabrook much more in the D zone, and overall feel he is just a pillar of what an NHL defenseman should be. </p>

</p>

But yes, the comment was much more geared towards Vlasic and Hamhuis over Seabrook. That and I am more or less going off, if I am put in the position to build a defense and I have the choice of Doughty and Seabrook, on a team with Subban and Keith already...I am taking #7.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Yup.</p>