TGDT 3/28 Blackhawks (42-17-15) @ Senators (29-29-14) 6:30PM CSN

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Glad that I didn't bother to wake up for this debacle.
- Hawks go down a couple of goals. Check
- Vastly outshoots opponent yet can't finish. Check.
- Odd line-up decisions. Check
- Powerless PP. Check.

Maybe it would have been better to have had Raanta play in the AHL and get some minutes than rotting on the bench and get to play once in a blue moon? I didn't see the game, so don't know how he played, any bad goals?
Not so worried, although clinching a playoff berth would have been nice and the Avs are very close. If the team can't be bothered to play correct for the stretch they will find themselves starting the playoffs on the road. Perhaps the long season is now taking a toll on them, but then again why aren't the Bruins doing the same (although playing in a shitty East with easy travel might have a part in that).
A forgettable week.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hawks were 1/6 for 17% on the PP, so right around their average (1/5 would've been right around their mark)</p>

49 shots on Anderson, and a couple of posts. THe Sens were a turnover machine tonight.

Not sure why Carey started. I don't get that one bit. I read that they want TT to shoot more. Can't shoot more while sitting in the press box.

The Niel knee on knee goes unnoticed on Hammer, but Shaw gets the major for spearing (which is deserved).

Home ice is in danger of slipping away. So will they be ready for a battered Pens team?</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Jesus, some of the shit being posted here is ridiculous.

Teuvo doesn't need to go to Rockford at this point in the season. What's he going to get from playing 10 games in the A with 15-17 minutes a night that he's not getting for being up in the NHL playing 11-14 minutes a night with 10 games left? Seriously? Is he going to go down to the AHL and level up? It's not like it's October and he's seeing crap ice time. It's almost April and the regular season is practically over. Maybe he didn't play tonight due to the fact that he would of been in his 3rd game in 4 nights and he's not acclimated to this type of schedule. Maybe he's tired already.

Raanta isn't rotting on the bench, the guy practices against the top players in the world everyday instead of the B squad in Rockford, he also works with the NHL goalie coach at every practice instead of whenever the guy gets down to Rockford.

This may come as a surprise to some of you, but many players develop from practice, not games. Sure, situations and reps during games help, but for a lot of hockey players it's practicing with high level competition and developing situational game sense through it.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a hard time believing that practices give the same sort of experience and confidence that playing in actual games does. IMO. Perhaps Raanta's playing time is just a ploy to keep his contract on the low side for next season(s).

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
For a goaltender, and I know this first hand from working with goaltending directors, all technique and muscle memory is built from practice. With it being such a technical position, they get the bulk of their development from practice. Confidence wise, stringing some good saves and game along is huge, but their not going to even be able to get that confidence if they aren't technically sound to stop the puck.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="roshinaya" data-cid="224621" data-time="1396067137">

I have a hard time believing that practices give the same sort of experience and confidence that playing in actual games does. IMO. Perhaps Raanta's playing time is just a ploy to keep his contract on the low side for next season(s).</p></blockquote>

Wouldn't surprise me if it's also being done so he feels he has a legitimate chance to get more starts next season. To go into contract negotiations if he were to have spent most of the season in Rockford isn't going to seem promising for him. He wants to play in the NHL and since he's got great potential, he'd rather know he's getting a chance here, then say spending the year in Rockford and not knowing his future for next year. Hawks don't want him to bolt to another team this off season.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
raanta wasnt an issue tonight. team defense blows right now which was the reason i was dumb founded by the coaches decision to scratch TT for an NCAA kid. i dont think tT is tired trev but agree with everything else you posted. if anything Tt is probably more so over stimulated due to managements idiotic ticker tape parade they have been doing with the poor kid. that press conference last week was deadly as soon as it happened. horrible thing to throw on a kid like TT. thats the kind of shit guys like Tt in their situation have to adjust to. not the on ice stuff outside of learning the team system which i was lead to believe by quotes from Q himself is defensive responsibility first which TT showed in his first two games. </p>

</p>

lots of hawk players do look tired right now though which is scary as fuck. keith looked downright exhausted tonight. i suspect the next 8 games will be a coast fest for a lot of these guys. starting to look like an aging team and not the young energetic up for every game team of the last 5-6 years. seriously. and i know that sounds stupid when you look at the average roster age still but lots smelling like the 2010/11 season right now. need somethingt to turn that around or yah i agree with the idea that this team could honestly be eliminated first round. havent been many statement games since december. would be nice to get slightly hot before the playoffs and not go in on such inconsistant lulls like this. i think the last three games of the reg season will show where the heads and physical matter of this team is. minus of course one kane still which makes the team hard to gage anyways. bet he wont be the only impact player out of the lineup within the next couple weeks.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
ps..hossas goal was still disgusting. shame on the hawks for wasting such a beauty and what was feeling like a momentum changing goal. that was nicely wasted at the start of the third period. probably the most frustrating thing of the night outside Qs whacky lines and giving up first goal YET again. skipping record there.</p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd say practice is the foundation of technique, fundamentals and confidence in any sport.   Goalie is probably as heavy or heavier in technique and fundamentals as say quarterback or pitching.</p>

</p>

I think Ranta and Teuvo are fine on the NHL team development wise.</p>

</p>

Carey was just being thrown a bone like the NCAA signing late last season.</p>

</p>

Sky is not falling yet</p>

</p>

But that was a steaming pile of shit display of a game last night.</p>

</p>

That phantom face off penalty was horrible.    Also how does Sharp not get a penalty shot on that last break away with The Sens D-man being carried piggy back all the way to the goal?</p>