PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
white-goodman-o.gif
</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Someone ban PMX already... his hockey thoughts are too good for this site.

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
I am not sure who I would rather face, but I know that I would like the Hawks to finally show us what they got. We did in the game 6 of the Blues series and there have been some very good games played by our team, but I still think our best hockey has alluded us.</p>

</p>

Either matchup bodes well for us, lets hope there are some guys banged up on both sides tomorrow night.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PSR" data-cid="229767" data-time="1400160835">

I am not sure who I would rather face, but I know that I would like the Hawks to finally show us what they got. We did in the game 6 of the Blues series and there have been some very good games played by our team, but I still think our best hockey has alluded us.

Either matchup bodes well for us, lets hope there are some guys banged up on both sides tomorrow night.</p></blockquote>
No. Both matchups pose problems for the Hawks.

Secondly... Kings are ideal because: home ice.

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäväinen" data-cid="229768" data-time="1400160905">
<div>

Secondly... Kings are ideal because: home ice.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I disagree, the Kings have more firepower but can look like the Panthers out there on certain nights. Ducks are a damn good team but their back end is lacking, and right now they are riding a 20 year, he might be good but I would put our offense up against him any night.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I don't care, at the end of the day I want home Ice as Stu said. Both the teams that the Hawks could face are going to pose equal problems. So I'll take home ice especially given how strong it's been this playoffs.</p>

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
The other thing I potentially like is the "choke" factor. Bruce Boudreau is notorious for it. Plus, he likes to line juggle as bad as Q does. With that and a very weak blue-line, I like the idea of shining against the Ducks a bit more. </p>

</p>

I don't want to see another fucking trap again, and the Kings like to do that when they have leads. Fact is Its boring hockey. </p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
Ducks plz</p>

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Agreed. I want the better matchup as well. Sure, they have the 4th liners, but I have a feeling our D can stop them easily. Plus, I also feel the Hawks can boost their offensive game against a weak D unit. When they're bringing up players from Norfolk and a lot of their D is still young, we can easily rattle them. </p>

genefoley

Liked Posts:
I like the Hawks chances against the Ducks style of play more than the Kings. The Kings will force everything outside just like the Blues and Wild but they have more skill... and Quick, who can steal multiple games in a series. IMO, home ice is irrelevant. Honda Center isn't a raucous building like Minnesota, Boston, Montreal, etc. Not to mention it'll be 60% Hawks fans in attendance.</p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the Kings are the biggest challenge.   So bring them on.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Who was it that said in another thread that the Hawks have a way of making all-star goalies look like shit, and shit goalies look like all-stars... Yeah... bring on the Kings. haha</p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="229825" data-time="1400172619">
<div>

Who was it that said in another thread that the Hawks have a way of making all-star goalies look like shit, and shit goalies look like all-stars... Yeah... bring on the Kings. haha</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I've said that a few times... They always seem to get shutout by rookie goalies or third stringers....</p>

</p>

Bring on Quick, home-ice, and that ugly bastard Kopitar. </p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita's Helmet" data-cid="229719" data-time="1400120704">
<div>

JohnHurtSpaceballs1.jpg
</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

WATER MY ASS!  GET THIS GUY SOME PEPTO-BISMOL!!!!!!!</p>

</p>

Bonus points.</p>

</p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäväinen" data-cid="229768" data-time="1400160905">
<div>

Secondly... Kings are ideal because: home ice.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Here's the real Tale of the Tape:</p>

Ducks vs. 'hawks:</p>

1st game:  3-2 Shootout loss.  Rannta in net for the 'hawks.  Hiller for the Ducks.  It was a shootout win, so it's essentially a 2-2 tie since Shootouts don't happen in the playoffs and Frolik plays for neither team.</p>

2nd game:  4-2 win.  Crawford for the 'hawks, Hiller for the Ducks.  Ended the Ducks 8-game win streak.</p>

3rd game:  2-0 shutout win.  Crawford for the 'hawks Hiller for the Ducks. </p>

Kings vs. 'hawks:</p>

1st game:  3-1 Win.  Scrivens for the Kings, Raanta for the 'hawks.</p>

2nd game:  1-0 Shutout win.  Raanta for the 'hawks and Jones for the Kings.</p>

3rd game:  5-3 win.  Crawford for the 'hawks and Quick for the Kings.</p>

</p>

From the Goalie standpoint, Crawford has fared better vs. the Ducks.  From the congolmerate defense standpoint the Kings are easier to keep off the board.  From an offensive standpoint there's a slight edge to the Kings. </p>

</p>

From the "which goalie would you rather face" point it gets nebulous. We haven't seen any other goalie except Hiller for the ducks.  Futher, Gibson is a complete engima since there's not a book on him yet.  The goaltending for the ducks will be their X-factor; in all other respects, we've been able to beat these guys. </p>

</p>

We've only faced Quick once, and gave him a sound drubbing.  Conversely of all of the games listed, we also got scored on the most (shootouts don't happen so much like a hippie, the 3-2 shootout loss doesn't wash). </p>

</p>

Honestly, all of that coupled with the fact that our last 2 WCF series were against Cali teams and we beat them both soundly (4-1 vs. Kings, 4-0 vs. the Sharks) I think the 'hawks should have the upper hand if they play how we know they can play and don't play down to the opponent.</p>

genefoley

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxzus" data-cid="229821" data-time="1400171337">
<div>

What about....the GENE Honda center??</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

That would be the United Center</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
kings all the way not only because i like them.</p>

</p>

</p>

hawks destroy goalies like quick esp guys like kane who like to shoot high short side. quick plays strong low..hawks struggle low infront of goalies overall. plus that home ice is key even though the ducks and kings havent really been spectacular on either of theirs.</p>

</p>

i also think the kings have to be more gassed now if they come back and win their series against the ducks. 2 series going 7 both come back wins? they gotta be feeling that now. on the flip side that might give them that healthy confidence. hawks can play the kings like they did last year and probably come out with the same outcome. only difference is they have to cover two offensive threats now with gaborik. just shutting down kopitar and doughty wont be enough.</p>