TGDT: WCQF - 4/19 Blackhawks (0) @ Blues (1) 2:00PM NBC

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pez68" data-cid="226573" data-time="1397965412">
<div>

Don't agree at all. The Hawks were not in this game until they started finishing checks and forcing turnovers. They've made some poor decisions in the last two games, but in all honestly they should be up 2-0. Mental lapses have cost them these first two games. They aren't gooning it up, they're just making poor decisions and their coaching staff is borderline incompetent.</p>

</p>

That, and an impotent power play.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Eleven penalties in game two. You don't think that cost them the game? There was also what, 3 posts?</p>

</p>

They were outshot both games. So far 83 to 70... they would be lucky if it was a 2-0 lead, regardless of the circumstances.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
Including shorthanded almost the entire last half of the third period. On 3 consecutive horrible penalties, where Keith's might have actually been the worst when it comes to being dirty. That was uncalled for.</p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Tony DeFrancesco" data-cid="226575" data-time="1397965639">
<div>

Eleven penalties in game two. You don't think that cost them the game? There was also what, 3 posts?</p>

</p>

They were outshot both games. So far 83 to 70... they would be lucky if it was a 2-0 lead, regardless of the circumstances.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I really don't give a shit about the stats. I'm watching the games, and seeing the goals Crawford has given up, and when he gave them up.</p>

</p>

They had the game won until Crawford got beat short side from the top of the circles with six seconds left. Regardless of the penalties. One fucking save, from the top of the circles.....SHORT SIDE. Unacceptable.</p>

</p>

He should have had both of the tying goals in games 1 and 2. Neither were anything spectacular.</p>

</p>

Speaking of stats, 2.89 and .904. Awesome.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="226576" data-time="1397966062">
<div>

Including shorthanded almost the entire last half of the third period. On 3 consecutive horrible penalties, where Keith's might have actually been the worst when it comes to being dirty. That was uncalled for.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Keith has been a mad man all series. Not in a Norris trophy kind of way, in a Alex Burrows kind of way.</p>

</p>

I mean, holy shit... we never agree on anything, but this thread I have to say, I think we are on the same page for once.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pez68" data-cid="226577" data-time="1397966158">
<div>

I really don't give a shit about the stats. I'm watching the games, and seeing the goals Crawford has given up, and when he gave them up.</p>

</p>

They had the game won until Crawford got beat short side from the top of the circles with six seconds left. Regardless of the penalties. One fucking save, from the top of the circles.....SHORT SIDE. Unacceptable.</p>

</p>

He should have had both of the tying goals in games 1 and 2. Neither were anything spectacular.</p>

</p>

Speaking of stats, 2.89 and .904. Awesome.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

He hasn't been the best, but he hasn't been the worst either. Far from the problem. He's bailed them out more than his fair share.</p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
There's only so much bullshit and goonery you can take from a team before losing your shit. Hawks are at that point. Where's their HHOF coach to calm them down and reign them in? Same place he is when making the lineup decisions. Braindead.</p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Tony DeFrancesco" data-cid="226579" data-time="1397966322">
<div>

He hasn't been the best, but he hasn't been the worst either. Far from the problem. He's bailed them out more than his fair share.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Far from the problem? I would disagree. He's absolutely one of the problems. Along with Q, Handzus, Bollig, and their lack of discipline. Bailed them out? Sure, a few times. He has also failed to make the ONE save he needed to make in the first two games of the series. Neither of those tying goals should go in. Listening to him in the post-game, he's not happy with his play at all. His confidence is shot.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pez68" data-cid="226580" data-time="1397966327">
<div>

There's only so much bullshit and goonery you can take from a team before losing your shit. Hawks are at that point. Where's their HHOF coach to calm them down and reign them in? Same place he is when making the lineup decisions. Braindead.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

That's the problem. I don't care who is responsible. They have to have some composure! If they don't, they are toast.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pez68" data-cid="226581" data-time="1397966464">
<div>

Far from the problem? I would disagree. He's absolutely one of the problems. Along with Q, Handzus, Bollig, and their lack of discipline. Bailed them out? Sure, a few times. He has also failed to make the ONE save he needed to make in the first two games of the series. Neither of those tying goals should go in. Listening to him in the post-game, he's not happy with his play at all. His confidence is shot.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I disagree. He's towing the line. He's given them a chance both games. I don't think he's the problem right now.</p>

</p>

I'd put him at the very bottom of that list of those problems, and I'd put many more ahead of him.</p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Tony DeFrancesco" data-cid="226582" data-time="1397966490">
<div>

That's the problem. I don't care who is responsible. They have to have some composure! If they don't, they are toast.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Again, where is the coaching staff? Not adjusting their inept PP. Not calming these guys down when things get heated. Not icing the best roster. Pretty much just going for a fucking stroll. I think Q is the single biggest problem with this team, but that shouldn't surprise anyone.</p>

</p>

Look at Roy in these first two games for Colorado. Always talking with his team. Always has the clipboard out reviewing things during breaks. Settling them down, telling them what they need to hear. Motivating them. INVOLVED in the game.</p>

</p>

Where is the awesome Q? Grabbing his nuts and looking like a fucking imbecile on national TV.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pez68" data-cid="226584" data-time="1397966713">
<div>

Again, where is the coaching staff? Not adjusting their inept PP. Not calming these guys down when things get heated. Not icing the best roster. Pretty much just going for a fucking stroll. I think Q is the single biggest problem with this team, but that shouldn't surprise anyone.</p>

</p>

Look at Roy in these first two games for Colorado. Always talking with his team. Always has the clipboard out reviewing things during breaks. Settling them down, telling them what they need to hear. Motivating them. INVOLVED in the game.</p>

</p>

Where is the awesome Q? Grabbing his nuts and looking like a fucking imbecile on national TV.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

LOL! I had to plus that!</p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Tony DeFrancesco" data-cid="226583" data-time="1397966578">
<div>

I disagree. He's towing the line. He's given them a chance both games. I don't think he's the problem right now.</p>

</p>

I'd put him at the very bottom of that list of those problems, and I'd put many more ahead of him.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I'd love to hear what you think their problems are through these first two games. Crawford letting in questionable goals at the worst possible time ranks up there at the top of mine. The Hawks sitting back and playing a passive, pussy ass game is up there too. Then there's Handzus in the top six...and Bollig dressing at all...while Morin rots in the press box. The PP giving up better scoring chances than they generate. The lack of discipline, and the stupid penalties NOT BEING PUNISHED BY THE COACHING STAFF. Anyways....</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
I can't say I completely disagree with you Pez, but I can't say I completely agree either.</p>

</p>

Crawford has given them a chance every game, without him they are blown out.</p>

</p>

Discipline is the biggest thing right now. Zeus is a problem 5-on-5, but the PK has been effective with him. Considering they are playing half the game on the PK, Q has to play him.</p>

</p>

Keith is playing like shit. This team goes as Keith goes. Kane is clearly missing that 2nd gear. I thought Hossa played well today, but 0 points and -3? Come on. Sharp has been even worse. He pots that, the Hawks win. Where is $4M Bickell? I thought he was a playoff hero.</p>

</p>

When 4 of your top 5 scorers are Seabrook, Saad, Oduya and Versteeg, theres a huge problem. And despite that, I still rip Versteeg. Get Morin in there.</p>

</p>

Best team (players) in history my ass. They'd be 0-2 with any goaltender outside of (maybe) Quick or Lundqvist.</p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
He has given them a chance to win, and then sucked it away with questionable goals at the worst time.</p>

</p>

Handzus playing in the top six is fucking clownshoes. I can't say anything about Kane or Hossa, considering Kane has been playing with Versteeg and Shaw, or Bickell and Shaw, and Hossa has been anchored to Handzus. I mean, what the fuck do you expect? PLAY YOUR BEST PLAYERS TOGETHER. The Blues aren't exactly a deep team. Why the fuck do the Hawks need to spread their talent out?</p>

</p>

Bickell played a really strong game today until he stuck his knee out.</p>

</p>

Sharp still hasn't played center....even when you have Ben Smith out there as your second line center.</p>

</p>

Morin should be playing ahead of 2-3 guys right now.</p>

</p>

Not even worth talking about at this point. I fucking hate Quenville.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pez68" data-cid="226588" data-time="1397967673">
<div>

He has given them a chance to win, and then sucked it away with questionable goals at the worst time.</p>

</p>

Handzus playing in the top six is fucking clownshoes. I can't say anything about Kane or Hossa, considering Kane has been playing with Versteeg and Shaw, or Bickell and Shaw, and Hossa has been anchored to Handzus. I mean, what the fuck do you expect? PLAY YOUR BEST PLAYERS TOGETHER. The Blues aren't exactly a deep team. Why the fuck do the Hawks need to spread their talent out?</p>

</p>

Bickell played a really strong game today until he stuck his knee out.</p>

</p>

Sharp still hasn't played center....even when you have Ben Smith out there as your second line center.</p>

</p>

Morin should be playing ahead of 2-3 guys right now.</p>

</p>

Not even worth talking about at this point. I fucking hate Quenville.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Regardless, I think I would put all of that ahead of Crawford. Think about it. Regardless of the goals, the Hawks were pinned in their own zone for what, 3-4 minutes before Crawford leaked one in? Get the fucking puck out!</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
At the end of the day, I understand what you're saying, Pez. The goaltender has to find a way to win. Doesn't matter what the circumstances are. That's why Crawford said what he said. I don't think it's a confidence issue. I think he's playing well, but he has to win. No doubt.</p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
It is no different from any other player. If I score three goals, but miss a wide open net for the game tying goal or the game winner, I really don't give a fuck about the previous three I potted. The only one that matters is the one I SHOULD HAVE HAD. Crazy? Maybe. But you don't get to the NHL by being satisfied with anything less than perfection. These guys are pros for a reason. One of those reasons being...they make the plays they are supposed to make.</p>

</p>

Add Sharp missing that wide open fucking net to my list of complaints. Completely unacceptable.</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Hawks defensemen have 5 goals, our forwards 1.</p>

</p>

Like I said before the game put Hossa and Toews together and Kane and Sharp:</p>

</p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, 'Nimbus Sans L', 'Liberation Sans', FreeSans, sans-serif;">Saad - Toews - Hossa</p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, 'Nimbus Sans L', 'Liberation Sans', FreeSans, sans-serif;">Sharp - Shaw - Kane</p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, 'Nimbus Sans L', 'Liberation Sans', FreeSans, sans-serif;">Bickell - Smith - Morin</p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, 'Nimbus Sans L', 'Liberation Sans', FreeSans, sans-serif;">Bollig - Krueger - Versteeg</p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, 'Nimbus Sans L', 'Liberation Sans', FreeSans, sans-serif;"> </p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, 'Nimbus Sans L', 'Liberation Sans', FreeSans, sans-serif;">Sorry to break up the 4th line, but if Morin replaces Handzus, we need someone to center the third line.</p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Imagine if the Hawks had a real coach. The lines would probably look something like:</p>

</p>

Saad/Toews/Kane

Bickell/Sharp/Hossa

Morin/Shaw/Versteeg

Bollig/Kruger/Smith</p>

</p>

The ever-elusive 2C has been in Q's fucking lap for 4 years. He just refuses to do it.</p>