TGDT: WCQF - 4/19 Blackhawks (0) @ Blues (1) 2:00PM NBC

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
im going to lay off the heavy hawks bashing as i have cooled down BUT a few guys on the old tv showed something that no hawk fan has mentioned. Hossa completely botched a shot block on the Blues game tying goal. Not only did he botch it..he chicken shittered out. Can't say I disagree after watching the replays. </p>

</p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlpevVaVmss</p>

</p>

2:29 mark. Probably the softest puck blocking attempt I have seen by a Hawks player. Sigh pretty poor desperation. Guess one could say he was looking more so to cut off a pass also. </p>

</p>

Hard to bash Hossa though even though I personally think he's having a sub par series so far give or take a few strong shifts. Not horrible but not to his standards either.</p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
This team playing below the level of their talent is on nobody but the coaching staff.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pez68" data-cid="226601" data-time="1397977052">
<div>

Imagine if the Hawks had a real coach. The lines would probably look something like:</p>

</p>

Saad/Toews/Kane

Bickell/Sharp/Hossa

Morin/Shaw/Versteeg

Bollig/Kruger/Smith</p>

</p>

The ever-elusive 2C has been in Q's fucking lap for 4 years. He just refuses to do it.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Sharps never going to play center again in his career. Just not going to happen. I still don't think that ones on Q. Think it's pretty safe at this point to say Sharp prefers LW. Other than that I don't disagree that the lines are always wrong with Q. Always. Only gets them right when its almost to late like last years series against the Wings. Didn't get the proper lines until the Hawks were down and nearly out. Lines that us simple fans were screaming for. Q waits too long.</p>

</p>

Same voices so far these playoffs. Q's got wrong lines. However..Kanes knee is not close to 100%. Still should be playing with Toews though for sure. Let these guys have the team again... agree Pez only then does it ever work. </p>

cplmac

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="226507" data-time="1397958541">

Even if that were to have happened, a shoulder to shoulder hit, it's still boarding, which can still be (and should be every time) called a major penalty.</p></blockquote>

No its not, shoulder to shoulder is not boarding. Boarding is hitting a player from behind into the boards in a fashion similar to cross checking only into the boards. Charging is leaving your feet to make a hit. Again I think the play was a bad risk to take but it's gray area all the way. It's bad enough we lost the game I'm just hoping we don't lose Seabrook but all the talking heads are going to force Shanghai into this. Seabrook is not known as a Torres or even Backes kind of player.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
“I was just trying to make a play on Backes,� Seabrook said. “I was coming down the wall and I just tried to finish my hit.</p>

“We'll see what happens. I feel bad seeing a guy like that on the ice. I've been there myself. I wasn't trying to target his head or do anything like that. It doesn't feel good to see a player like that lying there like that. It wasn't my intent. I thought it's been a physical series so we'll see what happens.</p>

</p>

http://www.kmov.com/sports/hockey/Backes-not-great-following-Seabrooks-hit-255888411.html</p>

</p>

With no suspensions in Seabs past I think 2 games but who knows.  </p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
LMFAO Keith is hilarious!</p>

</p>

Listen at 0:45 he shouts "wakey wakey Backes!!!"</p>

</p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFCiYri04Oo</p>

</p>

hahahahaha</p>

</p>

EDIT:  Haha just listened again, right before that someone says "dig deep pussy!" as he's trying to get up.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="cplmac" data-cid="226606" data-time="1397995479">
<div>

No its not, shoulder to shoulder is not boarding. Boarding is hitting a player from behind into the boards in a fashion similar to cross checking only into the boards. Charging is leaving your feet to make a hit. Again I think the play was a bad risk to take but it's gray area all the way. It's bad enough we lost the game I'm just hoping we don't lose Seabrook but all the talking heads are going to force Shanghai into this. Seabrook is not known as a Torres or even Backes kind of player.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

It just has to be a hard check on an unsuspecting player near the boards. You're going to argue that Backes wasn't? This can get as stupid as Seabrook being in the "hitting zone" a few years ago if you want, because that's essentially what some people are arguing in order to justify this hit. And charging isn't only leaving your feet to make a hit. Which he kinda did anyway, he exploded upwards into Backes. So like I said, be it charging or boarding, call it what you want, it was a major penalty. His past history being clean helps him, but it doesn't mean he shouldn't get suspended.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
all water under the bridge now. team needs to refocus and get ready for the most important game of the year..a must win. lets see how Q fucks it up.</p>

</p>

haha variable off their game because they trash talk? guess they have been off their game for eons. dont think the hawks trash talk? you just showed how out of touch you actually are</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Ya watch the 24/7 before the Winter Classic... every team talks shit.</p>

</p>

Love when players are mic'd up.</p>

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;">“</span><del>@</del>ChrisKuc<span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;">: </span><del>#</del>Blackhawks<span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;">' Brent Seabrook: "Hits have been laid like that from both sides the whole series. We’ll see what happens."â€� </span></p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäväinen" data-cid="226629" data-time="1398017569">
<div>

Ya watch the 24/7 before the Winter Classic... every team talks shit.</p>

</p>

Love when players are mic'd up.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I'd love to hear Shaw mic'd up unedited for a game. That would be classic.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Spunky Porkstacker" data-cid="226630" data-time="1398018021">
<div>

<span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;">“</span><del>@</del>ChrisKuc<span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;">: </span><del>#</del>Blackhawks<span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;">' Brent Seabrook: "Hits have been laid like that from both sides the whole series. We’ll see what happens."â€� </span></p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Tomorrow will be interesting how the Blues handle Keith.</p>

</p>

I can see why they'd be pissed he taunted Backes after the hit.</p>

</p>

Crawford: "Dig deep pussy!!!!" - As Backes tried to get up.</p>

Keith: "Wakey wakey Backes, wakey wakey!!" - As Backes was standing there on MArs not knowing wtf was going on.</p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Keith is being called a classless dirtbag now, with his chirp on poor Backes, his extensive stickwork last night and his multiple dirty elbows over his career. Keith definitely does some dumb shit if he feels like he's been treated unfairly. Hawks are also now a hated team.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
Did you see how Keith was playing the other day? Like Ton said, it was like watching Alex Burrows in a Hawks jersey. Never mind the trash talking, that butt end of the stick to another player's face was despicable. There's no excuse for that.</p>

cplmac

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Tater" data-cid="226631" data-time="1398018061">

I'd love to hear Shaw mic'd up unedited for a game. That would be classic.</p></blockquote>

Hell yes that would be awesome! He's gotta talk crazy shit to draw the kind of heat he does, he's really not big enough to be more than a nuisance physically.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäväinen" data-cid="226618" data-time="1398012577">
<div>

LMFAO Keith is hilarious!</p>

</p>

Listen at 0:45 he shouts "wakey wakey Backes!!!"</p>

</p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFCiYri04Oo</p>

</p>

hahahahaha</p>

</p>

EDIT:  Haha just listened again, right before that someone says "dig deep pussy!" as he's trying to get up.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

That's not the players dude.... You don't hear Steen's audio at all. You also don't see Keith's lips moving when that is said....</p>

</p>

All of the players are yelling at each other there. Why are you only hearing THAT voice? Also, the guy that said "Dig deep pussy" is the same one that said "wakey wakey Backes".</p>

</p>

You also see Toews and the ref's yelling things, and hear none of that audio.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pez68" data-cid="226644" data-time="1398020253">
<div>

That's not the players dude.... You don't hear Steen's audio at all. You also don't see Keith's lips moving when that is said....</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pez68" data-cid="226644" data-time="1398020253">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

That's not what the Blues players said............ and you can clearly see Steen looking at a Hawks player and saying "show some fucking class"</p>

cplmac

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="226625" data-time="1398016103">

It just has to be a hard check on an unsuspecting player near the boards. You're going to argue that Backes wasn't? This can get as stupid as Seabrook being in the "hitting zone" a few years ago if you want, because that's essentially what some people are arguing in order to justify this hit. And charging isn't only leaving your feet to make a hit. Which he kinda did anyway, he exploded upwards into Backes. So like I said, be it charging or boarding, call it what you want, it was a major penalty. His past history being clean helps him, but it doesn't mean he shouldn't get suspended.</p></blockquote>

I'm not trying to justify the hit, read my posts I've said every time it was a bad decision. I'm just saying it's not as cut and dry as you make it out to be, he's still probably going to catch a suspension for it whether he should or not is somewhat debatable. The fact that it's debatable is what made it such a bad decision, still not nearly as stupid as the Bickell knee on knee.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="cplmac" data-cid="226648" data-time="1398020443">
<div>

I'm not trying to justify the hit, read my posts I've said every time it was a bad decision. I'm just saying it's not as cut and dry as you make it out to be, he's still probably going to catch a suspension for it whether he should or not is somewhat debatable. The fact that it's debatable is what made it such a bad decision, still not nearly as stupid as the Bickell knee on knee.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Suspended 3 games............</p>