TGDT: WCQF - 4/19 Blackhawks (0) @ Blues (1) 2:00PM NBC

Ton

Liked Posts:
Am I watching the Canucks out there? Seabrooks hit was irresponsible, plain and simple. I don't care what the intentions were, it was a bad hit and it cost the Hawks that game. Bickell's knee was just as bad.</p>

</p>

I hope they wake up for game three, the series depends on it.</p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäväinen" data-cid="226503" data-time="1397958197">
<div>

Serious question BTW... let's flip the script.</p>

</p>

Let's say Backes did that identical hit on Kane or Toews... how would you feel?  I can reply honestly that I would be crying bloody murder.  Yet I can see the Seabrook thing both ways.</p>

</p>

It's the gray area with rule 48.1 that puts all of the discretion in the officials' hands.</p>

</p>

</p>

Too much gray area with the NHL.</p>

</p>

The thing that bugs me most is that the officials' called the penalty based on the result of the play and not the action.  The penalty was not called until 2 minutes after the hit.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Backes has a history of being a fucking puke and predator. Seabrook...does not. It would be like Pietrangelo laying that hit on one of them.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita's Helmet" data-cid="226499" data-time="1397957943">
<div>

I thought Backes was sideways to the boards when Seabs "lined him up" and then Backes turned left making his head, instead of his left shoulder the point of contact.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Even if that were to have happened, a shoulder to shoulder hit, it's still boarding, which can still be (and should be every time) called a major penalty.</p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Tony DeFrancesco" data-cid="226505" data-time="1397958469">
<div>

Am I watching the Canucks out there? Seabrooks hit was irresponsible, plain and simple. I don't care what the intentions were, it was a bad hit and it cost the Hawks that game. Bickell's knee was just as bad.</p>

</p>

I hope they wake up for game three, the series depends on it.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

His hit sure was irresponsible, but why was Steen not given at least two minutes for charging in, dropping his gloves, and teeing off?</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pez68" data-cid="226506" data-time="1397958512">
<div>

Backes has a history of being a fucking puke and predator. Seabrook...does not. It would be like Pietrangelo laying that hit on one of them.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

You know what I'm getting at though.</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Why Seabs went to lay that kind of hit, when killing a penalty, is beyond me. If anything he takes himself out of the play and now nobody is there to cover the front of the net.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäväinen" data-cid="226503" data-time="1397958197">
<div>

Serious question BTW... let's flip the script.</p>

</p>

Let's say Backes did that identical hit on Kane or Toews... how would you feel?  I can reply honestly that I would be crying bloody murder.  Yet I can see the Seabrook thing both ways.</p>

</p>

It's the gray area with rule 48.1 that puts all of the discretion in the officials' hands.</p>

</p>

</p>

Too much gray area with the NHL.</p>

</p>

The thing that bugs me most is that the officials' called the penalty based on the result of the play and not the action.  The penalty was not called until 2 minutes after the hit.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Toews should've stumbled around a bit after Reaves hit him.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita's Helmet" data-cid="226511" data-time="1397958960">
<div>

Toews should've stumbled around a bit after Reaves hit him.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Backes was on another planet dude... that was not acting.</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is why I don't think he should be suspended but am hoping for only one game:</p>

</p>

<span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, 'Nimbus Sans L', 'Liberation Sans', FreeSans, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">However, in determining whether such a hit should have been permitted, the circumstances of the hit, including whether the opponent put himself in a vulnerable position immediately prior to or simultaneously with the hit or the head contact on an otherwise legal body check was avoidable, can be considered.</span></p>

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="226504" data-time="1397958262">
<div>

yah i can see that point of view too now.</p>

</p>

this is why these new rules are so hard for me to wrap my head around. I can see the cases from all sides now. Too subjective. ugh. i dont know what to think anymore.</p>

</p>

handzus is too old now and sucks? we all can agree on that right? not subjective?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Except for Q </p>

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Tony DeFrancesco" data-cid="226505" data-time="1397958469">

Am I watching the Canucks out there? Seabrooks hit was irresponsible, plain and simple. I don't care what the intentions were, it was a bad hit and it cost the Hawks that game. Bickell's knee was just as bad.

I hope they wake up for game three, the series depends on it.</p></blockquote>

100% agree. And while board members and guest _luRKers may disagree, Seabrook's hit was pretty cowardly.

Hopefully they'll be alive after his deserved suspension.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="226507" data-time="1397958541">
<div>

Even if that were to have happened, a shoulder to shoulder hit, it's still boarding, which can still be (and should be every time) called a major penalty.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Really? Really?  So was Hammer's hit on Backes last game boarding, too? I mean Hammer smashed him into the boards. Today, Backes was sideways to the boards, before turning left. He was never facing the boards.  That's when I see boarding be called.</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäväinen" data-cid="226512" data-time="1397959057">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

Agreed, dude.  I was agreeing with you, that the fact, that Backes could barely stand up was what led to the penalty.  Reaves and Seabs both hit the other player in the head, both drew blood, Toews was in pain, but Backes as you note, was on another planet and could barely stand up.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita's Helmet" data-cid="226518" data-time="1397959598">
<div>

Agreed, dude.  I was agreeing with you, that the fact, that Backes could barely stand up was what led to the penalty.  Reaves and Seabs both hit the other player in the head, both drew blood, Toews was in pain, but Backes as you note, was on another planet and could barely stand up.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

dude-what-if-matrix.jpg
</p>

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="puckjim" data-cid="226516" data-time="1397959437">
<div>

100% agree. And while board members and guest _luRKers may disagree, Seabrook's hit was pretty cowardly.

Hopefully they'll be alive after his deserved suspension.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

:romance-kisscheek:</p>

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäväinen" data-cid="226459" data-time="1397948920">
<div>

If anyone honestly believes that hit wasn't dirty as shit... You really need to take off the homer glasses and get real.

Hilarious watching backes try to get up though.that dick had it coming to him.

Still an unacceptable hit for Seabrook to make.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

You and I agree with this. That was extremely dirty, even if Backes put his head down.</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäväinen" data-cid="226512" data-time="1397959057">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

dude dude dude dude</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita's Helmet" data-cid="226517" data-time="1397959478">
<div>

Really? Really?  So was Hammer's hit on Backes last game boarding, too? I mean Hammer smashed him into the boards. Today, Backes was sideways to the boards, before turning left. He was never facing the boards.  That's when I see boarding be called.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

If he had played the puck successfully his back would've been to Seabrook as he got hit into the boards, and he was going to get hit no matter what as Seabrook had committed to it. What would you have called that?  A legal hit?</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="226523" data-time="1397960091">
<div>

If he had played the puck successfully his back would've been to Seabrook as he got hit into the boards,</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I don't agree with that assumption.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude</p>