TGDT: WCQF - 4/19 Blackhawks (0) @ Blues (1) 2:00PM NBC

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Reaves won't run Kane with a 2-0 series lead at the UC.

I missed the game due to practices, sounds like Crawford fucked up the last goal with another 5 holer

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="226451" data-time="1397947482">
<div>

Reaves won't run Kane with a 2-0 series lead at the UC.

I missed the game due to practices, sounds like Crawford fucked up the last goal with another 5 holer</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

The last two goals are both stopped with sound fundamentals. Giving up a short side goal when a guy is outside the faceoff dots, at the top of the circles, is unacceptable. As is not having your stick on the ice when down in the butterfly. He has every reason to be disappointed with himself.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
dont care what crest seabrook wears or whos friend he is. that was one of the dumbest things i have seen a hawk player do ina very long time.</p>

</p>

save your bias shit also that was bad and stupid on so many levels. will be hard as fuck to win this series now thanks to such an idiotic play at a critcal stage of the game and the series. hawks dont win series or cups by playing so fucking stupid at such a critical time. seabrook should serve a fat suspension and if not for a coward of a coach if he werent suspened by the league he certainly should sit his ass for a couple games. stooped rigjt down to the blues level..exactly what they wanted. nice hawks real nice.</p>

</p>

dont care who the hit was on. thats not even in the spectrum of why that fucking hit at that point in the game was sooo fucking stupid. i expect a lot more from a tem leader than stupid shit like that. dont know how a team rallies now down 2-0 after giving the blues more momentum and more reason to run our own star players and to piss them off more. now we will be more than likely without seabs for a couple games to boot. this is exCtly what the blues wanted and seabrook handed it to them on a silver plater.</p>

</p>

and to blow two games in a row late in a third like this? thats going to eat away at them. blowing this one was a huge kick to the gutt..much worse than how they blew game 1 because in this case it was a player i love doing one of the dumbest fucking things a player could do late in a game.</p>

</p>

</p>

bickell is a fucktard too for that knee. what the fuck is in these guys heads? this isnt a team that wins cups this is a team that cracks at the worst time possible. dumb stupid hockey. nice one.</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Saw the Seabs hit real quick.

Interesting how the Blues jumped him after he laid out their captain.... Play as a team, lose as a team.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="226454" data-time="1397947729">
<div>

dont care what crest seabrook wears or whos friend he is. that was one of the dumbest things i have seen a hawk player do ina very long time.</p>

</p>

save your bias shit also that was bad and stupid on so many levels. will be hard as fuck to win this series now thanks to such an idiotic play at a critcal stage of the game and the series. hawks dont win series or cups by playing so fucking stupid at such a critical time. seabrook should serve a fat suspension and if not for a coward of a coach if he werent suspened by the league he certainly should sit his ass for a couple games. stooped rigjt down to the blues level..exactly what they wanted. nice hawks real nice.</p>

</p>

dont care who the hit was on. thats not even in the spectrum of why that fucking hit at that point in the game was sooo fucking stupid. i expect a lot more from a tem leader than stupid shit like that. dont know how a team rallies now down 2-0 after giving the blues more momentum and more reason to run our own star players and to piss them off more. now we will be more than likely without seabs for a couple games to boot. this is exCtly what the blues wanted and seabrook handed it to them on a silver plater.</p>

</p>

and to blow two games in a row late in a third like this? thats going to eat away at them. blowing this one was a huge kick to the gutt..much worse than how they blew game 1 because in this case it was a player i love doing one of the dumbest fucking things a player could do late in a game.</p>

</p>

bickell is a fucktard too for that knee. what the fuck is in these guys heads? this isnt a team that wins cups this is a team that cracks at the worst time possible. dumb stupid hockey. nice one.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Welcome to high intensity, playoff hockey. Where good intentions often go bad. I don't fault Bickell or Seabs for those two penalties, because they are both trying to do what they need to do to win this series. Play physical. Just bad luck really. Neither of those guys are trying to make dirty plays there. Game of inches. If Sobotka doesn't cut sharply, that hit is right to the chest. If Backes doesn't lose that puck, his head isn't buried and Seabrook probably drills him cleanly shoulder to shoulder. Shit happens.</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Seabs did go in awfully high and exploded up early. Was there intent to injure? No. Is it suspend able? Tough to say. I'm gonna guess he gets a game.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
play with some fucking brains to go with the passion..thats what wins.</p>

</p>

look at hammer today. fucking shot blocking showcase again. plays hard..plays smart..plays with passion. </p>

</p>

seabrook and bickell are def passionate but they sure were stupid fucks today too late in the game. expect it from bickell not seabs.</p>

</p>

hit wasnt clean anyways. but i expect a bunch of bias fans to be just that bias. esp around here. might be time for me to take a hike again. hawks can do no wrong around here i keep forgetting that.</p>

</p>

shoulder to shoulder lmfao. backes head was down..lmfao..i have heard all the excuses today already. if that was toews being hit by jackman or some other hawk getting hit like that by a blues p,ayer ypu all would be singing a different tune. and you know you all would be. </p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
If anyone honestly believes that hit wasn't dirty as shit... You really need to take off the homer glasses and get real.

Hilarious watching backes try to get up though.that dick had it coming to him.

Still an unacceptable hit for Seabrook to make.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hawks have really shot themselves in the foot with trying to match the Blues style of play. When they play their game, they do fine, but all too often they revert to the same style the Blues impose and now they properly fucked themselves.</p>

At this point I don't really care how this series goes. The Blues can sweep the Hawks for all I care, should give Seabs plenty off time to think about what a stupid thing he did that might have cost his team a chance to repeat.</p>

I know not to count these Hawks out, but I am now just going to sit back, not get all worked up and just enjoy me some playoff hockey, hopefully without any more dirty antics that has no place in the game.</p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="226458" data-time="1397948828">
<div>

play with some fucking brains to go with the passion..thats what wins.</p>

</p>

look at hammer today. fucking shot blocking showcase again. plays hard..plays smart..plays with passion. </p>

</p>

seabrook and bickell are def passionate but they sure were stupid fucks today too late in the game. expect it from bickell not seabs.</p>

</p>

hit wasnt clean anyways. but i expect a bunch of bias fans to be just that bias. esp around here. might be time for me to take a hike again. hawks can do no wrong around here i keep forgetting that.</p>

</p>

shoulder to shoulder lmfao. backes head was down..lmfao..i have heard all the excuses today already. if that was toews being hit by jackman or some other hawk getting hit like that by a blues p,ayer ypu all would be singing a different tune. and you know you all would be. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

This hit is SO fucking close to Orpik on Toews it's ridiculous. The only difference is, Backes lost the puck, and Toews had it in his skates.</p>

</p>

Did I say it was shoulder to shoulder? No.</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">If Backes doesn't lose that puck, his head isn't buried and Seabrook probably drills him cleanly shoulder to shoulder.</blockquote>

</p>

Time to take a hike? No, just learn to read before responding.</p>

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nice job Seabrook. Embarrassing. Canucks must be reaching out via backchannels.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pez68" data-cid="226456" data-time="1397948118">
<div>

If Backes doesn't lose that puck, his head isn't buried and Seabrook probably drills him cleanly shoulder to shoulder. Shit happens.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Seabs was already going in for the hit when Backes lowered and turned his head towards him.  Don't see how he could have avoided contact.  Hope the league takes that into consideration.  As you note, shit happens.  I don't see intent to injure. I thought there was more intent when Reaves hit Toews in the head last game.  I don't think he should be suspended.  I'm hoping it's not more than a game. </p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
I dont give a shit anyways.</p>

</p>

Hawks aren't playing well no matter how it's spun. That first period today alone might have been the worst period of hockey these playoffs by one team (LA in their game 1 kind of gets that nod though). That was a bunch of stooges out there running into each other, missing passes, Craw allowing that first goal and how that period ended. Nobody was good. Hawks haven't played their game a full game yet and they won't even on home ice. I know a losing team when I see one. Their heads aren't right and their skill levels are down due to injuries. This isn't like the Detroit series last year. This teams not healthy enough to go 7 games and come back. That's why losing the two games the way they have are devastating..because the Blues aren't healthy either by a long shot. War of attrition and the Blues have already won it by getting a 2-0 lead. </p>

</p>

And Toews is sucking ass again also probably because he's getting shit kicked everywhere and he obviously isnt 100%. Kaner is obviously not even close either, he cant put full weight on his knee. Team's not getting out of this series. Q can adjust lines all he wants to but with Kane and Toews the way they are they aren't going to be very effective. Q still sucks for not starting Morin though again due to injuries it's another reason why guys like Zues shouldnt be playing and Morin should. Keiths being a piece of shit also. So many guys not in the mental brain set they should be so far. BETTER FUCKING CHANGE.</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hawks PK was pretty amazing tonight.  killed two 5 on 3s, and a 6 on 4 for more than a minute and a half, it's too bad they gave one up in the last 7 seconds. </p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita's Helmet" data-cid="226469" data-time="1397952647">
<div>

Hawks PK was pretty amazing tonight.  killed two 5 on 3s, and a 6 on 4 for more than a minute and a half, it's too bad they gave one up in the last 7 seconds. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

his name is hammer. blocks more shots than the rest of the team.</p>

</p>

pk has been good. only bright spot.</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Hawks problem with the Blues this season is giving up a late goal in the 3rd period.  We did it the first three games in the regular season for a regulation loss and two OT losses, and now they've done it the first two games of this series.  Very disappointing.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita's Helmet" data-cid="226471" data-time="1397953407">
<div>

The Hawks problem with the Blues this season is giving up a late goal in the 3rd period.  We did it the first three games in the regular season for a regulation loss and two OT losses, and now they've done it the first two games of this series.  Very disappointing.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

really is. thats why im frustrated.</p>

</p>

im cooled down now. </p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita's Helmet" data-cid="226467" data-time="1397951576">
<div>

Seabs was already going in for the hit when Backes lowered and turned his head towards him.  Don't see how he could have avoided contact.  Hope the league takes that into consideration.  As you note, shit happens.  I don't see intent to injure. I thought there was more intent when Reaves hit Toews in the head last game.  I don't think he should be suspended.  I'm hoping it's not more than a game. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

The problem with that is Seabrook saw him the entire way. He saw an opportunity for a huge hit on an unsuspecting player near the boards and was going to hit him no matter what, as you say, there was no way of avoiding contact. And I'm assuming you're saying there was no way for Seabrook to avoid contact, but look at it from Backes point of view, and I loathe having to "defend" a piece of shit like him, but there's no way he could've reacted fast enough to do anything to protect himself, whether he had the puck or not. He was going into the boards extremely hard no matter what happened with the puck.</p>

</p>

It's just a horrible decision by Seabrook in a sequence of other horrible decisions by other Hawks players that led to them to being on the PK for basically the last 10 minutes of the third period. You just can't continue to play like that and not expect it to eventually bite you in the ass. That's what is most disappointing in this for me. They looked like how the fucking Blues usually play  for the last half of that period.</p>

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita's Helmet" data-cid="226467" data-time="1397951576">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

:text-+1: </p>

Seabs isn't a dirty player ...NEVER been suspended. Backes is 6'4" but his knees were bent substantially putting him in a lower more vulnerable   position, resulting in Seabrook hitting his head. Its a game of inches and split seconds so the hit turned out to be very nasty hit for Backes. But I don't agree with calling Seabs stupid for the hit.</p>

</p>

Its not good to see any player hurt this way, Backes has dealt out MORE than his fair share of DIRTY hits. So when a guy plays this way why should he or anyone be surprised when he gets clobbered?</p>

</p>

The game was really heated at that moment with both teams looking for retaliatory hits.  The way he looked seems like he'll be out a while, you never know though some guys can come back faster than others.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Spunky Porkstacker" data-cid="226474" data-time="1397955538">
<div>

:text-+1:</p>

Seabs isn't a dirty player ...NEVER been suspended. Backes is 6'4" but his knees were bent substantially putting him in a lower more vulnerable   position, resulting in Seabrook hitting his head. Its a game of inches and split seconds so the hit turned out to be very nasty hit for Backes. But I don't agree with calling Seabs stupid for the hit.</p>

</p>

Its not good to see any player hurt this way, Backes has dealt out MORE than his fair share of DIRTY hits. So when a guy plays this way why should he or anyone be surprised when he gets clobbered?</p>

</p>

The game was really heated at that moment with both teams looking for retaliatory hits.  The way he looked seems like he'll be out a while, you never know though some guys can come back faster than others.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I don't know... I sure as hell enjoyed it.  I'll be the asshole that actually admits it.  I was actually laughing out loud watching him try to get up.</p>

</p>

Couldn't have happened to a better person, FUCK BACKES.</p>