Thank God For This Top 5 Defense...

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
Compound lifts probably do the best job of burning fat. Unfortunately you can’t spot target fat; that would make things a lot easier.

If you only do resistance training that incorporates the whole body and pay attention to your diet, you can burn fat without cardio.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hear ya, I'm liking the rowing machine.

Rowing machine sounds fantastic really. I really have no ambition to join a gym again, but I wonder if I could find a second-hand one on the cheap.

(I got a letter from Bally's ten years ago saying I owed them seven grand in unpaid dues...thank Jeebus they went under)

I like to think my cardio is pretty decent as I have no car so my feet and my bicycle are my main sources of transportation. Also a big swimmer when the weather permits. I would lean more towards some dietary changes...like cutting them carbs.

(Insert Novak with his Keto-speak)

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I quit squats this year. Leg press and row machine now. Some people might call me a lil pussy bitch ass for this but it keeps me from having a routine-wrecking back tweak outta nowhere...

Dude, I tried putting on my weight belt the other day. It's not happening for awhile. Where I go I don't have the leg press, so I'm just going to counter with moderate weight + high reps.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Rowing machine sounds fantastic really. I really have no ambition to join a gym again, but I wonder if I could find a second-hand one on the cheap.

(I got a letter from Bally's ten years ago saying I owed them seven grand in unpaid dues...thank Jeebus they went under)

I like to think my cardio is pretty decent as I have no car so my feet and my bicycle are my main sources of transportation. Also a big swimmer when the weather permits. I would lean more towards some dietary changes...like cutting them carbs.

(Insert Novak with his Keto-speak)

Now we know why they went under.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
1...Why not worry about week 3 before worrying about week 4?
2...Your logic for week 4 applies to week 3 as well..If an opposing QB scores more than 20, were "doomed"..Yet Bradford has averaged 3 points a game..Are you OK?
Derp, try following the thread. I was responding to someone specifically talking about week four and Fitzpatrick. I am not the least bit worried about bradford putting up 20 on this defense. Stop being an idiot.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Derp, try following the thread. I was responding to someone specifically talking about week four and Fitzpatrick. I am not the least bit worried about bradford putting up 20 on this defense. Stop being an idiot.

Not buying it.

BearsBud wins this one.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've had 12 glasses of water already today and ready to do some crazy style pull-ups at the gym tonight.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I've had 12 glasses of water already today and ready to do some crazy style pull-ups at the gym tonight.

BTW how's the 50 lb flak jacket stairmaster thing doing for you?

Washington

Liked Posts:
You old guys can't just go to the gym and do bench and curls and call it a day. You need to be mixing in some cardio to help burn that belly fat. Or if running on a treadmill sounds like death then do two minutes bursts on the elliptical/row/treadmill in between sets to really get that heart rate pumping and the juices flowing.

Wait till ya'll crack 50. It sucks trying to lose weight. I gotta get the flu to do it. Of course, beer is my friend and that don't help. Been sticking to martinis as of late.

The weight training keeps the metabolism going better than the cardio. I do my weight training 1st (1-2 body parts a day) and then 20 minutes of cardio (f'ing boring shit). Just trying to stay on the right side of the dirt. Being in 100% maintenance mode the rest of my life sucks. Have had to lower weight amounts over the years. I've been getting cortisone in the right shoulder and got to be careful my weight training does not ever impact my ability to bow hunt.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Hear ya, I'm liking the rowing machine and the row machine doing lower weight (70lbs) with high reps (30/set, 5 sets) Definitely feels like its working. I just can't get into 45+ minutes on a bike or eliptical...

Parents put me into boxing as a kid I don't do it anymore but hitting a punching bad or having a friend hold pads is a fun way to do cardio.