Thanks Gruden

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Agreed. Remember, people laughed when Dallas traded their best player, Herschel Walker, to Minnesota for picks. True, Walker was older than Mack, but still. Which team won 3 Super Bowls?

Lol

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
True, but Gruden gets to build the team his way, focus on the offense, not be saddled with the contract, and gets four 1st round picks.

A fresh start.

It's like some of our fan base is getting satisfaction in fleecing another team for once, instead of the Bears getting fleeced.

In four or five years, if the Raiders still suck, this deal will not be the root cause of it.

The fleecing is a function of talking heads and twitter...its pointless.....Gruden does not want to spend that much money on a defensive player......he is an offensive guy and this is what the team will be built around for better or for worse......it was an exit path for the Raiders and a move that probably made the Bears a win right now team

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Egomaniac out of touch with the league....success!

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
The raiders just shelled out 500 Mil in liquid cash to move to Vegas. You then are looking at putting another 100 Mil in escrow for Mack, after you just did that for Carr.

I'm not totally sold this was solely Gruden's call. He is the GM, but he doesn't have the check book. That may have just been a little too much upfront cash to shell out with a move loming in the near future.

He'll never throw Mark Davis under the bus though even if it was the reason.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The raiders just shelled out 500 Mil in liquid cash to move to Vegas. You then are looking at putting another 100 Mil in escrow for Mack, after you just did that for Carr.

I'm not totally sold this was solely Gruden's call. He is the GM, but he doesn't have the check book. That may have just been a little too much upfront cash to shell out with a move loming in the near future.

I've heard a lot that cash flow played a part in it, but Gruden really isn't a defense first guy

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've watched the Raiders. Their offense is actually pretty good. I don't think they end up drafting in the top 10 by the end of the year. So they will have to package some of these picks to move up to draft a stud pass rusher

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've watched the Raiders. Their offense is actually pretty good. I don't think they end up drafting in the top 10 by the end of the year. So they will have to package some of these picks to move up to draft a stud pass rusher

very few teams trade away the opportunity to get a stud pass rusher

NumberMonkey

Liked Posts:

That's my suspicion as well. They just didn't have the cash.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
And a chocolate bar for Nagy.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ordinarily, I'm not of the opinion that stuff like this is funny, but after watching Mack for a full four games I think a good idea for @Rush is to set up a donation run and on behalf of ChiCitySports we send Jon one of those fruit baskets.

Count me in on that.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ordinarily, I'm not of the opinion that stuff like this is funny, but after watching Mack for a full four games I think a good idea for @Rush is to set up a donation run and on behalf of ChiCitySports we send Jon one of those fruit baskets.

Yeah, I would throw in on a fruit basket to Gruden c/o Raiders Headquarters

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I honestly believe that he is trying to get himself fired by no later than year 3 of his contract. I really can’t blame him either. If someone offend me multi generational wealth to take a job that I was not seeking, I’d take it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
1e165d79552804d88bde0a420c624f6b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammer

Liked Posts:
By Trade value chart, if Bears are borderline Playoffs team in next 2 years, and Raiders Bottom 10 team, pick value difference given in Mack trade would be around 1400 points, which is worth of #8 overall, and I think there is not a single person who wouldn't give 8th pick overall for Khalil Mack in his prime.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gruden obviously in year 1 of his rebuild. No point paying a defender 23.5 million per year for 4 years so he can Lovie Smith you out of a high draft pick.

Just like Pace, it is in Gruden best interests for the Raiders to be in contention for a top 5 pick these next few years. Win win for both teams.

Carr will be traded after next season IMO and Gruden will draft his own QB.

Trading one of the greatest defensive players in NFL history in his prime for two first round picks likely in the 20s is something that Gruden will never live down.

Liked Posts:
The Raiders Offense has been moving the ball and scoring points, I think their record would be a lot better had they have kept Mack.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jon Gruden: Great pass rushers are hard to find

http://theredzone.org/Blog-Description/EntryId/72359/Jon-Gruden--Great-pass-rushers-are-hard-to-find

The Raiders have two sacks on the season and just 17 total pressures over two games. That certainly won’t cut it, which is why coach Jon Gruden keeps getting asked about it, Scott Bair of NBC Bayarea reports.

That happened again Wednesday, when he was asked how hard it is to find guys who can get after the quarterback.

“It’s hard to find a great one,” Gruden said. “It’s hard to find a good one. It’s hard to find one; you just said it. With college football, they aren’t dropping back to pass and throwing anymore. They’re throwing laterals and bubble screens and running read options. You have to train these guys, and it takes a little time to learn how to rush the passer. We have some guys who are in that process right now (with Arden Key, P.J. Hall and Maurice Hurst).”

That certainly will raise some eyebrows, less than a month after the Mack trade. The Raiders found a great one, maybe the best in the NFL, and shipped him to the Bears because they were unwilling to pay Mack’s market value.

Gruden could’ve said it’s hard to find one and keep him and a franchise quarterback and stay in good salary cap standing. That’s dead right, and went into his thinking when executing the blockbuster trade.

“You do what you have to do, with the personnel you have to win the game,” Gruden said. “There were years in Cincinnati when Mike Zimmer was there where they blitzed more than they did in other seasons. ….When you have Carlos Dunlap and Geno Atkins, you don’t have to blitz. Having the quarterback thinking you’re blitzing when you’re not can also be good. We were able to get Denver in seven-man protections and three-man routes. We just have to do a better job collectively getting off the field.”

Mac needed guys next to him that needed to be blocked in their own right. In Oakland, an opposing O could just scheme away from him. He still got in his licks but there's a reason he looks even better here. Our 5th round rookie backup looks about as good as anything else the Raiders have. They've got some kids that may develop but...