The 2013 Season Jay Cutler Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Re: Already sick of the Cutler talk...

Who said having better "tools" means you did perform better in the past.

Having better tools is an asset but may be hampered if you have a bad Foreman, shotty plywood in front of you and mostly bent nails. You can have the blackndecker craftsman 3000 but give that next company the hands to the saw too often.

Fucking A on Tapatalk

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Its already annoying me. Bengal pregame, the Chicago-based "experts" were giving the Bears a big edge at QB, saying that Cutler is way better than Dalton and, as usual, claiming that Dalton "doesn't have the tools" that Cutler has (despite the fact that Dalton has outperformed Cutler in his career). This perception still exists after the game, in which Dalton outperformed Cutler yet again.

On the radio this morning, for reasons unknown, the sportstalk guys were comparing Cutler to Rich Gannon, saying the Cutler should have a big year because he's already had a much better NFL career than Gannon (!!!) and, again, Gannon "didn't have the tools" that Cutler has. Come on...Cutler has miles to go before reaching a Gannon-level of performance. Even his "breakout" game last Sunday was rather pedestrian.

I am amazed that the Chicago media is still operating in this time-vaccuum of 1986 and are oblivious to the fact that even average QBs in today's NFL can put up 300yard/3TD games with regularity. They also don't realize that "talentless" guys like Andy Dalton and Rich Gannon have put up numbers that are vastly superior to the dreck that Cutler has shown in his career.

I guess my point is that until Cutler consistently outperforms Andy Dalton, its premature to claim Cutler's superiority over guys like Dalton. Tools are just another word for things that don't show up on the stat sheet, like "intangibles".

As a Bears' fan, I am never sick of talk that compliments our quarterback and our team in general.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Next up...sick of HeHateMe's vacuous responses...starts thread to talk about HeHateMe!

Well, since you figured out its a bannable offense, I'm thinking you won't.

But anyway, having once been "jumped" by you, my only retort is... Pot meet kettle.

Edit: Also, you're talking about beat writers who have to talk about something... They have to fill air time, and frankly I'm pretty sure they're all sick about talking about New England, New York, Dallas, Denver and not much else the last two weeks.

Last edited:

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:
You say that Dalton has outperformed Cutler in his career, but I don't really see that to be teh case.

I'm not saying Cutler is the greatest ever and certainly Dalton has had a much better start to his career but both purty much have the same average stats. Both have career 84 rating, both have a 60.8% CP, both have a high of 27 TD's. Cutler has had many more years, so there are some comparisons you can't make but averages are the same.

For Dalton, it's more impressive that he had a good rookie year, better 2nd year and made playoffs both years. I really like him and he's got the ability to be a great player in the NFL, but it's hard to make the case that he's outperformed Cutler or vice versa.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am not sure which Chicago based experts you are talking about. Most people expected the Bengals to win. I think you are blowing smoke and yelling fire.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

You say that Dalton has outperformed Cutler in his career, but I don't really see that to be teh case.

I'm not saying Cutler is the greatest ever and certainly Dalton has had a much better start to his career but both purty much have the same average stats. Both have career 84 rating, both have a 60.8% CP, both have a high of 27 TD's. Cutler has had many more years, so there are some comparisons you can't make but averages are the same.

For Dalton, it's more impressive that he had a good rookie year, better 2nd year and made playoffs both years. I really like him and he's got the ability to be a great player in the NFL, but it's hard to make the case that he's outperformed Cutler or vice versa.

I think this is fair. I do like Dalton's quick release and decision making but it's tough to say one is significantly better than the other.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
It's tough to judge Dalton's career to Cutler's career at this point because Dalton doesn't have as many season's under his belt yet. But if you compare Dalton's first 2 seasons to cutlers first 2 season (when he was a full time starter) Dalton improved in all major categories. His comp % went up, his yards went up, average went up, TD/int ratio went up, and his rating went up. i would say it is safe to say Dalton is on the right track. Whereas Cutler from his 1st year to 2nd year almost all his stats in the major categories went down. of the categories I listed the only one Cutler improved in was yards. But that area will almost always improve when you throw nearly 150 more times from the previous year.

So at this point I would say that it looks like Dalton could end up with the better career when it is all said and done, but as of right now the jury is still out for me

buckaroo2311

Liked Posts:
There are two plays Cutler made that I don't think Dalton could. The 18 yard scramble, and the scramble and pass to Bennett for 30 yards. Those were huge plays that happened during our come back. And the pass to Marshall was an absolute laser. Cutler is a better athlete no question.

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
Cutler is better than Dalton. You mad phaggot?

who gives a fuck? Go cry to yourself bitch.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'll take brain over legs every time when it comes to QBs.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its already annoying me. Bengal pregame, the Chicago-based "experts" were giving the Bears a big edge at QB, saying that Cutler is way better than Dalton and, as usual, claiming that Dalton "doesn't have the tools" that Cutler has (despite the fact that Dalton has outperformed Cutler in his career). This perception still exists after the game, in which Dalton outperformed Cutler yet again.

On the radio this morning, for reasons unknown, the sportstalk guys were comparing Cutler to Rich Gannon, saying the Cutler should have a big year because he's already had a much better NFL career than Gannon (!!!) and, again, Gannon "didn't have the tools" that Cutler has. Come on...Cutler has miles to go before reaching a Gannon-level of performance. Even his "breakout" game last Sunday was rather pedestrian.

I am amazed that the Chicago media is still operating in this time-vaccuum of 1986 and are oblivious to the fact that even average QBs in today's NFL can put up 300yard/3TD games with regularity. They also don't realize that "talentless" guys like Andy Dalton and Rich Gannon have put up numbers that are vastly superior to the dreck that Cutler has shown in his career.

I guess my point is that until Cutler consistently outperforms Andy Dalton, its premature to claim Cutler's superiority over guys like Dalton. Tools are just another word for things that don't show up on the stat sheet, like "intangibles".
Whatsa matter sweetcheeks...Not enough Rodgers cock gobblin going on the TV lately??

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
almost-care.gif

Talk to us when you retrieve your balls from your wife's purse and actually watch a game this year lol...

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:

Says the guy deep throating Kaepernick's dick like Linda Lovelace lol. "He's going to be the best QB in the history of football for the next 8 years!!!!!"

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

Eh, I would only if the arm was above average. In scenarios with equal arms: Above average, I go with smarts over legs. But with below average arms. A good mental guys max to me is a Chad Pennington... Id take a shot with the dumber mobile Qb in that case.

Beyond stirring up conversation. I don't think there's much to the main point. Tools refers to just physical assets of arm/legs where Cutler does have an advantage and the Bears reporters are biased... Yep.

Fucking A on Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.