Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Miami Marlins
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
  2. Northwestern Wildcats
Since there is only one proposed generational talent in this draft, I didn’t read or click the link. I assume it’s about MHJ.

It’d be cool though but it’s just a pipe dream. The patriots are gonna surprise everyone and draft him @#3 overall. Then grab Penix, Rattler, Nix in round 2.

Canth

Liked Posts:
I don't know about that one. I'm just not a big fan of trading up and giving up that much for MHJ. I don't doubt his talent level, but is he really that much head and shoulders better than both Nabers and Odunze?

I lean towards just staying at #9 and taking whichever of the top 3 WR gets to 9. And if one doesn't make it to #9, then explore the trade back and go after the trenches in the 1st round.

I would feel very differently if the Bears did not already have both DJ Moore an Keenan Allen. But they do, so it just seems like a hell of a lot to give up.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Since there is only one proposed generational talent in this draft, I didn’t read or click the link. I assume it’s about MHJ.

It’d be cool though but it’s just a pipe dream. The patriots are gonna surprise everyone and draft him @#3 overall. Then grab Penix, Rattler, Nix in round 2.

I mean...MHJ is legit the def of generational. Best WR in CFB and his pops is a HoF'er

msadows

Liked Posts:
I don't know about that one. I'm just not a big fan of trading up and giving up that much for MHJ. I don't doubt his talent level, but is he really that much head and shoulders better than both Nabers and Odunze?

I lean towards just staying at #9 and taking whichever of the top 3 WR gets to 9. And if one doesn't make it to #9, then explore the trade back and go after the trenches in the 1st round.

I would feel very differently if the Bears did not already have both DJ Moore an Keenan Allen. But they do, so it just seems like a hell of a lot to give up.

If its just for next years carolina 2nd and a pick swap then poles may be tempted.

MHJ is the "safest" of the big 3, so that may also entice poles. You at minimum know he shouldn't bust and become a decent NFL WR.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Penix will be gone before then

TL1961

Liked Posts:
When the Bears were going to trade down they were getting "a haul".

But trading up from 9 to 3 with QB needy teams all over the place and QBs on the board, we can do so for just Carolina's #2 next year?

New England can draft Maye/Daniels, or draft MHJ, or trade to several teams, and they decide "We'll just take the 9th player chosen and add only ONE SECOND rounder. And not until 2025."

Now that is Fantasy Football.

Canth

Liked Posts:
If its just for next years carolina 2nd and a pick swap then poles may be tempted.

MHJ is the "safest" of the big 3, so that may also entice poles. You at minimum know he shouldn't bust and become a decent NFL WR.

That's not what they are talking about though. The Ben Volin trade being mentioned here and other places on Bears twitter right now is #3 for #9, #75, a 2025 1st, and a 2025 3rd. I just think that is way too rich and that MHJ, while special, is not that much more special than Nabers or Odunze.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
That's not what they are talking about though. The Ben Volin trade being mentioned here and other places on Bears twitter right now is #3 for #9, #75, a 2025 1st, and a 2025 3rd. I just think that is way too rich and that MHJ, while special, is not that much more special than Nabers or Odunze.
Yeah fuck that

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
“Bears would automatically have the best QB and WR duo in the NFC North heading into the 2024 season.”

comments like these are idiotic. MHJ is not going to be better than DJM (or likely even Allen) in 2024.

and neither of these guys have even played. oh yeah, only the best WR in the entire NFL is also in the NFCN already…

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Trading up for Harrison Jr. when Odunze is possibly going to be available at our pick is a masterclass of unnecessary overpayment. Odunze is good enough to be the #1 WR prospect in most draft classes.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Yuck Daniel.

"The Bears need 2 things in this years draft. A QB and more picks " ????

dafuq?

Also. Your use of commas is completely wrong. You need a writing course.

This article read like it was forced. Quit trying so hard. Insert your fucked up opinions despite what side readers fall on.

No one wants to read bullshit fluff. They will read you for your opinions. Even if you are mentally challenged.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
“Bears would automatically have the best QB and WR duo in the NFC North heading into the 2024 season.”

comments like these are idiotic. MHJ is not going to be better than DJM (or likely even Allen) in 2024.

and neither of these guys have even played. oh yeah, only the best WR in the entire NFL is also in the NFCN already…
Hey that's fine but given the lack of talented QBs in the NFC, it's very possible.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Trading up for Harrison Jr. when Odunze is possibly going to be available at our pick is a masterclass of unnecessary overpayment. Odunze is good enough to be the #1 WR prospect in most draft classes.

Even if they have to take Brian Thomas Jr I’d rather do that and keep all the extra picks. And like you said very good chance Odunze is there anyways

Nelly

Liked Posts:
If we traded our 9th overall pick for say Justin Jefferson and our 3rd round pick for a legit starting caliber DE, would people still say "oh noes, need moar picks!?"

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If we traded our 9th overall pick for say Justin Jefferson and our 3rd round pick for a legit starting caliber DE, would people still say "oh noes, need moar picks!?"

But that’s not what people are suggesting.

They’re talking about multiple firsts for a WR who has never played in the NFL and it’s debatable if he’s the best in class.

Everyone knows what JJ is.

InsideTheLines

Opinionated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Miami Marlins
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
  2. Northwestern Wildcats
Yuck Daniel.

"The Bears need 2 things in this years draft. A QB and more picks " ????

dafuq?

Also. Your use of commas is completely wrong. You need a writing course.

This article read like it was forced. Quit trying so hard. Insert your fucked up opinions despite what side readers fall on.

No one wants to read bullshit fluff. They will read you for your opinions. Even if you are mentally challenged.
Not too sure if you’re missing commas on purpose in your response or not.