Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
If its just for next years carolina 2nd and a pick swap then poles may be tempted.

MHJ is the "safest" of the big 3, so that may also entice poles. You at minimum know he shouldn't bust and become a decent NFL WR.

I mean...MHJ is legit the def of generational. Best WR in CFB and his pops is a HoF'er
Safest,most likely to be decent with a HOF dad = generational.
Way to go out on a limb there.

Can you imagine:
Biggs: Why did you give up the 9th overall and 2 2nds next year to move up for MHJ?
Poles: I think he is likely to be a decent NFL WR and his dad is in the HOF.

LTFOL.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Not too sure if you’re missing commas on purpose in your response or not.

I am not the writer in this instance. This is the message board where punctuation isn't pivotal in getting my point across.

When needed, I use commas as they are intended. The prior sentence in this case acts as a perfect example of that.

The punctuation was missed in haste on my part. Thank you for recognizing the hypocrisy in my reply to him even though my first point stands as my ultimate thoughts on this matter.

Good day sir.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Rather than commas ... I'd rather ... use ... ellipsis.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
There is not a single place in his response where a comma was needed. Daniel, is this you?

Punctuation lacking though. I think that was his point.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Rather than commas ... I'd rather ... use ... ellipsis.

Always been a big fan...

Even though...

They preclude...

Something more to come...

Nelly

Liked Posts:
But that’s not what people are suggesting.

They’re talking about multiple firsts for a WR who has never played in the NFL and it’s debatable if he’s the best in class.

Everyone knows what JJ is.
I know that but i'm making the point that there's this idea that "Poles needs more picks." Why? He's already selected Montez Sweat, Keenan Allen and Ryan Bates in this draft. He's going to add Caleb Williams and possibly a big-time blue-chipper at #9 as well. That's already a homerun draft.

That's what I mean by if we traded our remaining picks for guys we know can be major contributors to the team. Of course that's not feasible due to contracts but you get the point. We've got 9 picks next year and not many holes left on the team as it stands right now.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I know that but i'm making the point that there's this idea that "Poles needs more picks." Why? He's already selected Montez Sweat, Keenan Allen and Ryan Bates in this draft. He's going to add Caleb Williams and possibly a big-time blue-chipper at #9 as well. That's already a homerun draft.

That's what I mean by if we traded our remaining picks for guys we know can be major contributors to the team. Of course that's not feasible due to contracts but you get the point. We've got 9 picks next year and not many holes left on the team as it stands right now.

I think people want more picks because there’s more needs than 4 picks can cover:

QB, WR, DE (2), DT, OL

Could easily find a home for 6-8 picks. Think he needs to come out of draft with 6 minimum. (Even if it’s just trading down from 75 a couple times)

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
But that’s not what people are suggesting.

They’re talking about multiple firsts for a WR who has never played in the NFL and it’s debatable if he’s the best in class.

Everyone knows what JJ is.
The Texans traded multiple picks for Will Anderson Jr.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love it. Make a splash. Connect CW with a stud rookie WR. Two of the safest picks in the entire draft. What people forget is that we'd probably have to trade up to get Nabers, too. AND there is NO guarantee that Odunze falls to #9. I love Odunze, but he's not Harrison (or Nabers).

Harrison 1A
Nabers 1B

Odunze 3

Thomas 4
Etc.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

Egg zactly.
This was a safe draft. Trade all the picks for known players. They may not all be great or long term answers but they are an instant team.
This should complete the rebuild and future drafts can be to fill in longer term answers without the pressing needs all over the place.

If people wanted The Haul then we should've kept Fields and got a QB later. Trying to get The Haul with the #9 is dumb at best.
If nobody is there at #9 worth it a trade down shouldn't be so far to miss out on talent. And a trade up from #9 wouldn't hurt anything as long as it's not extreme.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think the one thing that's going to put this rumor to rest is any team willing to trade down will do so assuming the team trading up will want a QB and will pay draft capital value accordingly. The Bears simply don't have the capital it would take combined with capital for next year to get it done.

Minimally it would take a second this year and a first next year for a team to want to move out.
When circumstances are like this the trade value chart usually gets thrown out.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
“Bears would automatically have the best QB and WR duo in the NFC North heading into the 2024 season.”

comments like these are idiotic. MHJ is not going to be better than DJM (or likely even Allen) in 2024.

and neither of these guys have even played. oh yeah, only the best WR in the entire NFL is also in the NFCN already…
5th WR taken in the 1st round I believe.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Comments on grammar and punctuation aside, this is possibly the best post that I have read of OP's. @DanielCCSBears - congrats on this one, genuinely a decent post, and I knew you had it in you. Let's see more of this.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just don't see it. Maybe a small move for WR #3 if they feel the need