The Adrian Peterson MEGA Thread (Update: Vikings benched him again)

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why does discipline have to mean violence? Don't you think it's possible to teach discipline without hitting them?

(FWIW I'm not one of these people who think a swat on the backside is terrible, I just think there are alternatives)

my kid or my wife? My kid doesn't need it. My wife gets wet from it and I like to hit her too.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
If he was indicted doesnt that mean he was already found guilty?
ive heard indictments carry like a 98% conviction rate.
Indictments are usually by the fbi and they look into it b4 handing them out.
In normal circumstances he would be charged by local authorities and go through trial process. An indictment is like ur guilty come to court.

The conviction rate is probably insanely high. Generally, if someone gets indicted, that means the State or Federal Government probably have more than sufficient evidence to get a guilty verdict. However, most cases get settled long before they go to trial. Here's a general primer for you on indictments:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indictment#United_States

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As you can see these days, our country has become soft and wussified because of people and comments like you. With the way kids behave these days, more "violence" is warranted and needed.

Overly-simplistic doesn't even begin to cover this nonsense.

If you think the ills of society are because kids aren't hit enough, then you're one seriously dumb human being.

South Dakota Bear

Liked Posts:
Why does discipline have to mean violence? Don't you think it's possible to teach discipline without hitting them?

(FWIW I'm not one of these people who think a swat on the backside is terrible, I just think there are alternatives)

I hear ya and I'm not saying you are wrong. I just think we have plenty of evidence these days that talking it out with children doesn't work. Kids are getting more and more disrespectful these days and it starts at home. My wife is a teacher, so believe me I have seen plenty of examples.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I hear ya and I'm not saying you are wrong. I just think we have plenty of evidence these days that talking it out with children doesn't work. Kids are getting more and more disrespectful these days and it starts at home. My wife is a teacher, so believe me I have seen plenty of examples.

complex issues. Thre's more to behavioral problems than not hitting children enough. Come on.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
The above quote is what is wrong with America these days.

Big difference between beating your kid and giving a couple swats on the backside. Kids need that discipline these days because they have pretty much none otherwise.

Beating your kid is a clear indication that you, as a parent, have failed. If you go and beat your kids ass its because you are lacking the maturity and communication skills to properly reach your child.

South Dakota Bear

Liked Posts:
Overly-simplistic doesn't even begin to cover this nonsense.

If you think the ills of society are because kids aren't hit enough, then you're one seriously dumb human being.

I'm not saying that and I shouldn't have directed it at you. I don't condone hitting and beating children. I do support one or two hard swats on the ass when it's warranted. Talking it out with kids does not work. Once again, my wife is a teacher and I've seen what talking it out does. Kids these days are far more disrespectful than they used to be.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Beating your kid is a clear indication that you, as a parent, have failed. If you go and beat your kids ass its because you are lacking the maturity and communication skills to properly reach your child.

Agreed. I've always viewed beating as frustration on the parent's part more than anything else. It's what peple do. When we can't fix something, we end up hitting or throwing it. When something doesn't respond the way we expect, we get frustrated and hit it. I see hitting kids as little different to that.

South Dakota Bear

Liked Posts:
complex issues. Thre's more to behavioral problems than not hitting children enough. Come on.

I agree 100%. On the other hand, there are plenty of kids where a few spankings go a long way. One or two swats is not beating or violence in my opinion.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I'm not against spanking but hate it when that's the last resort. It doesn't really teach anything but fear. I think parents should desire respect rather than fear from their children.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm not saying that and I shouldn't have directed it at you. I don't condone hitting and beating children. I do support one or two hard swats on the ass when it's warranted. Talking it out with kids does not work. Once again, my wife is a teacher and I've seen what talking it out does. Kids these days are far more disrespectful than they used to be.

I agree that they're more disrespectful, but I think the reasons for that are complex and numerous. Like I said, I have no issue with a swat on the backside, but I think that's best used as a quick fright when they're doing something that could harm them and you need to get it into their head not to. I think there are better opinions to teach kids general discipline that hitting. that's all I'm saying.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree that they're more disrespectful, but I think the reasons for that are complex and numerous. Like I said, I have no issue with a swat on the backside, but I think that's best used as a quick fright when they're doing something that could harm them and you need to get it into their head not to. I think there are better opinions to teach kids general discipline that hitting. that's all I'm saying.

Tazers?

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Sounds like BS to me. Saying your wife is a teacher has little bearing on what does or does not work for children.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Agreed. I've always viewed beating as frustration on the parent's part more than anything else. It's what peple do. When we can't fix something, we end up hitting or throwing it. When something doesn't respond the way we expect, we get frustrated and hit it. I see hitting kids as little different to that.

I think there is a time and place for spanking, if someone spanks their kid all the time that teaches the kid nothing but violence. If the kid does something very bad that they have repeatedly done, sometimes a spanking is the only other way to get through to the kid.

but I don't have any kids so what do I know haha