The Adrian Peterson MEGA Thread (Update: Vikings benched him again)

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
It's their board, and they can do what they want. Shutting down discussion, even if it offends, is never a course I would take personally.

A little thing called Freedom of Speech. I agree with you. They are fucking cowards.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Haha those fans can go fuck themselves. Nobody gives a shit. Enjoy missing out on the fall season of football losers.

Apparently some people give a shit.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So the the people looking for a time when it's ok to punch a woman; this is that time, right?

Right?

I wouldn't punch her.

Now beating her with that stick...

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
So Goodell apparently hired 4 female prosecutors to look into the recent domestic abuse incidents. My God, now we've got women involved in a man's domain. Just Fucking Great!!!!!!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Haha those fans can go fuck themselves. Nobody gives a shit. Enjoy missing out on the fall season of football losers.

The people protesting Peterson's actions are not the losers. You seriously need to take a hard look in the mirror.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
The twin cities in general are Liberal as fuck. People will go White night just because the person on their left was doing so.

I've lived there and have seen it.

Foul Phil

CCS Thread Ender
Liked Posts:
It's their board, and they can do what they want. Shutting down discussion, even if it offends, is never a course I would take personally.

I would like to think the primary reason for the shutdown was their unwillingness to support a franchise more interested in winning games than living up to high ethical values they claim to have. The fact that posters were using the forum as a soap box to spout nonsense, troll and create hate was just the nudge needed to shut it down permanently.

malcore

I would like to think the primary reason for the shutdown was their unwillingness to support a franchise more interested in winning games than living up to high ethical values they claim to have. The fact that posters were using the forum as a soap box to spout nonsense, troll and create hate was just the nudge needed to shut it down permanently.

I admire the taking a stance. I probably would have waited to see if the smoke cleared a bit, and deliberated a bit more. Personally speaking.

Not criticizing this move, just stating what I think.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have some issue with it but am torn with how much an employer should be allowed to do about things that they aren't directly related to. Don't get me wrong, I think he should serve one of those 6 week suspensions and it would probably be better for the Vikes to be pro active about it. In this case, there's a smoking gun and arrest. I still think cutting Rice was too much and six to eight weeks with some psyche work would be in order. He's a dirtbag asshole but....

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
Freedom of Speech certainly gives you the right to say whatever you want. It doesnt, however, protect you against your employer thinking you're a goddamn idiot and firing you. People always seem to forget that little nugget.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Freedom of Speech certainly gives you the right to say whatever you want. It doesnt, however, protect you against your employer thinking you're a goddamn idiot and firing you. People always seem to forget that little nugget.

This isn't exactly true. Freedom of Speech is not absolute.......it protects against government reprisal on certain forms of speech. Not everything is protected.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
"Some Vikings fans didn’t seemed to bother by it, and showed up to the game with switches in their Peterson jerseys. "

Wow. That happened?

Wow.

These are the fans who deserve falls from concourses.
Don't know why this surprises you... There are easily Bear fans here who would do the same.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
This isn't exactly true. Freedom of Speech is not absolute.......it protects against government reprisal on certain forms of speech. Not everything is protected.

Freedom of speech as a concept predates the US constitution by a couple thousand years. While I've seen enough of Jim Johnson's posts to realize this probably wasn't what he was going at, it does bear mentioning.

In most cases public debate is far better than having rival factions scheming against each other in private, whether you're talking about a country or a community.