The Bears have $410,000 in cap space

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So whose getting cut to sign the draft class? Or will Pace just restructure salaries into bonuses?

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I doubt it, I bet they keep Leno for depth even if they draft a LT. Still think JG could be a cap casualty. Would be pretty shitty of Pace to cut him after FA and the draft though.
I'm pretty sure Graham is probably retiring if cut, so it has a little less effect as he then just gets $3 million (I believe) to just go home.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trading/cutting Leno, Hicks and Graham gets you to 24 million in space. Signing ARob and reducing his first year hit to 10 million gets you to 31 million. In short, they have the flexibility to easily fit the draft class and possibly take on Wilson's contract if a miracle happens.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Trading/cutting Leno, Hicks and Graham gets you to 24 million in space. Signing ARob and reducing his first year hit to 10 million gets you to 31 million. In short, they have the flexibility to easily fit the draft class and possibly take on Wilson's contract if a miracle happens.
lol give up the Wilson dream.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Meh. Once they trade AR for those 2 Balt 1sts they will rocket up to top 12 in cap space.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

I'm laying here watching Teen Mom 2 and spitting out my Frito Lay chili cheese pie mini bag!
Wilson ain't gonna be a Bear Remy!

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I have a feeling they will trade ARob and cut Leno once a T is drafted. Something also needs to be done about Graham’s contract also.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I have a feeling they will trade ARob and cut Leno once a T is drafted. Something also needs to be done about Graham’s contract also.
The thing is......they won't trade ARob unless they add a WR very early in the draft. And to get a 2021 pick, they probably needed to have already traded him, because like the Orlando Brown trade, trades of high salaried players don't typically take place on draft day. They won't cut Leno unless they get a T early in the draft. They are probably going to at least try to go all in and try to get a QB early in the draft. And if they get a QB early, they will only be able to get 1 of WR or LT, if at all because they may trade all their other early picks. The Bears are probably going to be screwed at at least 1 of WR, LT or QB. Not to mention CB and maybe DL if they get rid of Hicks, because they HAVE to get rid of someone.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
The thing is......they won't trade ARob unless they add a WR very early in the draft. And to get a 2021 pick, they probably needed to have already traded him, because like the Orlando Brown trade, trades of high salaried players don't typically take place on draft day. They won't cut Leno unless they get a T early in the draft. They are probably going to at least try to go all in and try to get a QB early in the draft. And if they get a QB early, they will only be able to get 1 of WR or LT, if at all because they may trade all their other early picks. The Bears are probably going to be screwed at at least 1 of WR, LT or QB. Not to mention CB and maybe DL if they get rid of Hicks, because they HAVE to get rid of someone.
I agree that they will probably move up for a qb. And they should. If they land Fields somehow I will be estatic.

But I think they can trade ARob, cut Leno, Graham, etc also. Not a full tear-down, but shed bad contracts and at least try to get something for ARob while they can. Stock up on talent, create cap, and try to do everything to set up the QB next season.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Imagine being a franchise in cap hell with no QB, an old defense and limited draft capital.

Must suck being a fan of that team.
??? The Bears draft capital situation going forward is pretty normal, unless I'm missing something.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
??? The Bears draft capital situation going forward is pretty normal, unless I'm missing something.

They have 8 picks. 5 of them are in the bottom have of the draft. 4 of the 5 are in the 6th round. That’s limited draft capital!!

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I agree that they will probably move up for a qb. And they should. If they land Fields somehow I will be estatic.

But I think they can trade ARob, cut Leno, Graham, etc also. Not a full tear-down, but shed bad contracts and at least try to get something for ARob while they can. Stock up on talent, create cap, and try to do everything to set up the QB next season.
If they could manage to trade up for fields and keep this year's second thatd be huge. Then trade Robinson for a 2nd. With the 2 2nds get a wr and lt (cosmi/leatherwood/radunz and Marshall/Moore/whoever). Release Leno. Sign like a Richard Sherman or something along those lines for cb. They'd be looking solid.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
They have 8 picks. 5 of them are in the bottom have of the draft. 4 of the 5 are in the 6th round. That’s limited draft capital!!
Not really. The 4th round pick being gone is some huge loss to you? Or do they need multiple picks in the 1st/2nd for it not to be limited.