The Big Problem is Still the Lack of A Number One Receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
Good thing Martz's offense relies heavily on those screens and not stretch-the-defense routes downfield....oh wait....

Oh please fill us in, from your posting you must be the only fan that has a copy of Martz's 2010 playbook. Because its clear to most of us that you think your the only one that knows a damn thing on this board and that can only be because you have a copy n Martz's playbook. It surely isn't because you know anything more about what is going or has been going on in Chicagos taining camp this year.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Aromashodu looks the most like an actual NFL WR out of the entire Bears' corps, and his size and speed seem to be around average. Once again, though, his intelligence level is a definite issue (there's a reason it took him so long to see the field, and that reason has nothing to do with Lovie and Crew being utter buffoons), and his hands played a part in him bouncing from practice squad to practice squad since 2006.

I will defend DA to this extent. I don't think DA's issue was ever not knowing the offense. Cutler would not have been campaigning for him to play had he not known the offense or if it had been an issue IMO. Also his hands had always been good in camp and the talk about DA was that he was catching anything and everything thrown at him. Again, I doubt Cutler would be begging for this guy to play if he didn't know the playbook and had the dropsies.

I will say that DA isn't going to be a world beater IMO but it's not out of the realm that a guy develops and turns into something special. Look at Miles Austin etc. Undrafted guys or guys that spend some time not seeing PT can develop. Maybe DA is a case of that or maybe he was a few games flash in the pan.

It will be interesting to say the least as I don't think he fits in real well with Martz's system and was a perfect fit for Turners. So If he "fails" under Martz and that's it for him there could always be a "what if" angle with him had Turner stayed around and DA had played in an offense that better suited him.

Plus, the Bears have ALWAYS had an issue of being stubborn and wanting to stick with their draft picks and "their guys". DA wasn't one of those guys so he was fighting an uphill battle against people that the Bears really liked and went out and drafted. DA was just kind of guy signed off of a scrap heat. We all know Lovie and Co. have had issues of internal player evaluation as well.

There's no reason to be excited about this group. None. Yes, teams have won games, and even Super Bowls, without the help of the best receivers in the game, but I think it would be a bit hard for a team to win regularly with a group of average-at best receivers, which is what the Bears will be attempting to do if things don't change before the start of the season.
I would agree here. I'm not excited about any of the WR's but I'm intrigued and curious as to how all this will work out. DA, Knox, and Bennet should be our top 3 guys with Hester playing a combination slot/3rd RB role. It would simplify things down for Hester as well as give him a chance to make more plays in space...where he excels. It also reduces the amount of on the fly reads he has to make against coverage which isn't his strong suit.

Oh please fill us in, from your posting you must be the only fan that has a copy of Martz's 2010 playbook. Because its clear to most of us that you think your the only one that knows a damn thing on this board and that can only be because you have a copy n Martz's playbook. It surely isn't because you know anything more about what is going or has been going on in Chicagos taining camp this year.

Or you can just watch what Mike Martz has done his entire career.

Or you can click this link: 2000 Rams Martz Offense

I doubt he's going to change the way he's called his entire career.

LOL....Pwnt.

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
Martz has stated that his offense will be a run first offense. In pass he was alway Pass, Pass and more Passing. So looking at what he did in SL or SF isn't going to mirror look we should see out of his offense this year with the Bears.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Martz has stated that his offense will be a run first offense.

I think it likely that Martz said this to placate Lovie and his stupid "get off the bus running" mantra more than anything.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Martz has stated that his offense will be a run first offense. In pass he was alway Pass, Pass and more Passing. So looking at what he did in SL or SF isn't going to mirror look we should see out of his offense this year with the Bears.

1. If Martz is changing over from pass first to run first(which is the exact opposite of everythign he has ever done as a coach/OC) isn't that a massive indictment of the Bears WR corps?

2. If I'm the Bears front office and I hear Martz say that then I'm pissed. Martz became an offensive "guru" by running a pass first offense. We hired him because of his "guru" like talent for calling plays within his system. Martz going to a run first game plan, something that he has never done, throws the reason/reputation for hiring him right out the door.

3. I agree with Lefty. Martz said this to appease the meatballs. Lovie's no dip shit. He has seen Martz's offense as both a coach along side Martz, and a coach opposing Martz.

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
I think it likely that Martz said this to placate Lovie and his stupid "get off the bus running" mantra more than anything.

I think this time your 100% right but he is still working under Lovie so he may have to live by those words.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
If that's the case then this team is going nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.