The Bulls Injury Report (Rose Update: He's back)

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Doctors have no cleared him to play in games. He's been cleared for full-contact practice. They have been saying he's very winded and not up to conditioning in practice thus far...I still expect him back against Orlando on 4/8...unless they're waiting for him to return home (which is stupid).

If Rose is not back at all this week, this Rose is controlling when he returns, in which case he doesn't feel he is 100% for whatever reason.

I am SICK of this crap. This should not be up to Rose. This is the team's damn decision. They are paying this guy beau coup bucks to play for their team. IF this guy is medically cleared to play and doesn't, then dock his fucking pay. I am not saying that this is happening. Maybe the team wants him to be better than he currently is before putting him into the line-up. But, this crap about it is up to Rose has gone way too fucking far as far as I am concerned. I think that anyone who has played even for a high school team and gets hurt wants to get back into the game as soon as they can if it helps their team. That is inserted into the fabric of every player that I have ever seen or played with with or against.

This is what Derrick Rose has become, namely an enigma. His attitude and words have put him in a position where he has created doubt in the minds of the fans and I have to think beyond just the fans. I think that he must really be questioned by his own coaches and teammates but to a man they have been steadfast in their official support. All I can say that I do not believe it for a minute that Rose's teammates and coaches are happy about how he has handled his injuries. NOt when you see so many of these other guys bust their asses, playing hurt, and PLAYING THEMSELVES INTO SHAPE!

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
being cleared means you aren't at risk at reinjury...if hes out of shape then ok....but if you're cleared for 5 on 5 contact then you are pretty much not at risk for reinjury meaning he could play if he chose

he'll be back for the Magic game though so its not a big deal

Absolutely, I agree with that. I think in every sport where a player has missed time, they need to practice a little before they get in game shape. This is pretty much a basic concept in sports, especially at the NBA level with these athletes. He would hurt the team if he can't keep up from lack of wind.

However, when a player gets injured coming back too early from not being in shape, it's usually pulling a hammy or groin or something cuz their muscles aren't used to the grind. I'm not saying this would happen, but why risk it?

The bottom line is throwing Rose in immediately after being cleared for full contact practice, is fuckin absurd. Why not give him a couple games to tune up? It makes zero sense to push him when the Bulls clearly need him to compete long term in the playoffs.

3 or 4 regular season game will NOT make a difference in the long term, so why rush it? Only idiots would think throwing him into the fire right away is smart. And the bottom line is that there still has NOT been any official "medically cleared" to play a game yet?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Tomorrow night is fine, but selfishly I was hoping for Saturday because I'm going to the game.

EDIT: I obviously mean with his first game back being the game I went to.

Liked Posts:
Tomorrow night is fine, but selfishly I was hoping for Saturday because I'm going to the game.

Hasn't "his first game back" lost cache by now? It's like how Pete Rose autographs have been devalued because there are so many of them.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:

I think you're ok with Saturday, myself. What I don't think will happen is Rose playing tomorrow and Thursday in a back to back.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think you're ok with Saturday, myself. What I don't think will happen is Rose playing tomorrow and Thursday in a back to back.

I don't think a back to back is so bad. Let's say he plays tomorrow night, say 15-18, I'd think with just a trip from Orlando to Miami wouldn't be too much to put in another 15 minutes Thursday. Off the bench, I would imagine.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't think a back to back is so bad. Let's say he plays tomorrow night, say 15-18, I'd think with just a trip from Orlando to Miami wouldn't be too much to put in another 15 minutes Thursday. Off the bench, I would imagine.
I think he should play, a bet little minutes, but he should play. I'd say 20 minutes myself for both games and then up it Saturday and the last two games and then allow him to go full steam in the playoffs.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Seems I posted here before looking at Twitter. Bulls confirm what I want

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
This thread has been cleaned. Stop with the bickering

LOL, no one was bickering. I was just having some fun with 2323. He's such an idiot and it's fun to get him riled up. :lol: Anyhow, Rose coming back tonight. i guess my original prediction was right. :elephant: I am surprised he said he expects to play tomorrow as well, but he did say depending on how he feels after tonight. :dunno:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I just think he should come off the bench.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I just want to see him play with the shooters, and that means Niko. Rose needs to come in and look to run the defense and distribute the ball.
First 3 taken from the top of the circle with 18 left on the clock is an automatic pull.

Liked Posts:
1/6 from three...he's definitely back.

It was a full games worth of crappy three point shooting squeezed into 19 minutes.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
1/6 from three...he's definitely back.

It was a full games worth of crappy three point shooting squeezed into 19 minutes.

giphy.gif