The Case for John DeFilippo

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
He is very selective, similar to DeCosta and these guys with street creds want no part of a backwards organization where they would have to answer to a dweeb like Ted Phillips. I'm telling you for a fact that Ted Phillips is a major turn off to the top GM and HC candidates

Maybe thats true, but many organizations around the league have these little problems. You think any HC or GM wants to answer to Jerry Jones or Daniel Snyder? There's only 32 of these jobs in the world and none of these situations are gonna be perfect. Bears job has some downsides, some upsides that go long with it like any of these jobs do. I think its attractive to big ego guys like McDaniels precisely because it's the Bears, a historic franchise which hasn't won in a long time. It's a very Cubs-esque situation here these days. You win here and you're a legend forever.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe thats true, but many organizations around the league have these little problems. You think any HC or GM wants to answer to Jerry Jones or Daniel Snyder? There's only 32 of these jobs in the world and none of these situations are gonna be perfect. Bears job has some downsides, some upsides that go long with it like any of these jobs do. I think its attractive to big ego guys like McDaniels precisely because it's the Bears, a historic franchise which hasn't won in a long time. It's a very Cubs-esque situation here these days. You win here and you're a legend forever.

I hear you. All would be okay if they removed Ted Phillips. The top guys who have turned the Bears down are okay with the McCaskey's and they want to report directly to them. But the McCaskey's refuse to move off of Teddy and like to keep him around as a buffer. There are plenty of candidates who will take the job but what keeps it from being the best job and why guys like McDaniels will turn us down is because of Phillips.

ping001

Liked Posts:
The same thing was said about Josh McDaniels when he was a young guy hired as head coach and some others. He could turn into Jon Gruden or John Shoop. The bears better do their homework. Im more sold on a more mature McDaniels at this point.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I would be happier with a candidate who has head coaching experience. Let's not put some one in charge of our team who has never been a headcoach before and has to "learn the job". We found that out with Coach Trestman.

LOL, what? By that line of thinking, we saw how a coach with experience just worked out with Coach Fox.

DavidH

Liked Posts:
The same thing was said about Josh McDaniels when he was a young guy hired as head coach and some others. He could turn into Jon Gruden or John Shoop. The bears better do their homework. Im more sold on a more mature McDaniels at this point.

Age =/ maturity

Maturity is the last thing you hire McDaniels for

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Our new coach, Sneakerboy!!!!! Pace make it happen

1390665600000.jpg

Here is Flippy with his newest sneakers

8b3a906e3c92b38419e23f88982f7dd2--chino-shorts-the-shorts.jpg

Is Flippy old enough to legally drink?

bc5c512ad3a963ecabf828badd410753--teenage-guys-teen-boys.jpg

He's all about hats and sneakers-------wow!. Give him a cookie and some Legos and he is all set. Nothing in this video talks about his vision

This guy will be terrible

Happypants is right of course. Wouldn't want some foo foo HC I bet the sissy posts pictures of young male models on the internet like some creepy old pedophile :pedobear:

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Happypants is right of course. Wouldn't want some foo foo HC I bet the sissy posts pictures of young male models on the internet like some creepy old pedophile :pedobear:
Word. Flipper blows and will make a shitty coach

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
He actually reminds me of former Bulls coach Tom Thibs. He seems to be very detailed and thorough, and players will love his personable attitude. He is one of the guys and go hard at it like they do. I have no doubts that he'd be a good coach from a leadership and X's and O's standpoint.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
He actually reminds me of former Bulls coach Tom Thibs. He seems to be very detailed and thorough, and players will love his personable attitude. He is one of the guys and go hard at it like they do. I have no doubts that he'd be a good coach from a leadership and X's and O's standpoint.

That is a really cool comparison actually. I see that.

greg23

Liked Posts:
This is the guy to hire as head coach.

Trying to team him as oc with another hc will just lead to him becoming a hc in 1-2 years......make the move now!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He likes Josh McDaniels OC of the Patriots. Former shit show enthusiast in Denver.
18f11jw6bjkh5jpg.jpg
McDaniels has the offensive mind to make Trubisky and the Bears better. I like the idea much better with a full power GM in place.

It really depends on McD's ability to handle the locker room.

This selection has me nervous.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
McDaniels has the offensive mind to make Trubisky and the Bears better. I like the idea much better with a full power GM in place.

It really depends on McD's ability to handle the locker room.

This selection has me nervous.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I don’t see any sure fire candidates right now. A lot of people here seem to be very hard for Defilippo, but in his time in the NFL he has spent 5 years as a QB coach, 1 year as offensive quality control, and only 1 year as an OC. This scares me as well.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Here’s a clip of Omelet at the library last week...

[video=youtube_share;ZYcnwy-P-yw]https://youtu.be/ZYcnwy-P-yw[/video]