The Chicago Cubs will compete in .....

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Compete? Probably 2014 depending on what we do with Garza, if not 2015 somewhere in there. Same as what I thought when the front office was brought in. 3-5 years.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Going to be 2017++++ No way all the top prospects pan out. They prolly have 1 guy pan out. Have 1 guy come out of system out of nowhere that pans out. Ricketts WONT spend money to help the MLB club. He proven since he been the owner that payroll will be a mid-market while fans pay prices of large market. Once Cubs do start bringing up the kids they wont be difference makers right away. They will have a learning curve in the MLB. Since guys wont be in MLB till 2015 no way they win till 2017+++++

The real question should be when Cubs are still sucking in 2015 does Theo get contract extension after 5 yrs of losing in Chicago??

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Going to be 2017++++ No way all the top prospects pan out. They prolly have 1 guy pan out. Have 1 guy come out of system out of nowhere that pans out. Ricketts WONT spend money to help the MLB club. He proven since he been the owner that payroll will be a mid-market while fans pay prices of large market. Once Cubs do start bringing up the kids they wont be difference makers right away. They will have a learning curve in the MLB. Since guys wont be in MLB till 2015 no way they win till 2017+++++

The real question should be when Cubs are still sucking in 2015 does Theo get contract extension after 5 yrs of losing in Chicago??

No, he won't get a contract back in 2015. He was signed through 2016. Signed in late 2011... so signed for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. So, I doubt he gets it in 2015, and regardless, it would not be after 5 years of losing under him yet.

justaChifan

Liked Posts:
No, he won't get a contract back in 2015. He was signed through 2016. Signed in late 2011... so signed for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. So, I doubt he gets it in 2015, and regardless, it would not be after 5 years of losing under him yet.[/QUO

It depends on attendance and perception of the rebuild.
Ricketts knows the Cubs will draw if and when they become contenders.
How many years fans will tolerate no results is the question.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:

Good god your English has gotten worse! Can't say I'm at all surprised by this post either, carry on with your hypothetical ideas for this offseason, sure the Cubs could sign every top FA for a decent amount and BE BIG MARKET TEAM!!!!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
i know its a pipe dream. Thats why I said it. I know its a long shot but it doesnt mean they dont think it. 1. Castro and Rizzo are here to stay no matter what people think. Baez and Bryant are pipe dreams but they still are top 50 if nothing else. Also, Baez will be a top 10 prospect. Thats trade value if nothing else. Also, I ended my night with flaming dp's again but Im still sober enough to know that White sox fans are upset because they have no farm and no money as a franchise. That has to hurt. Salami I suggest you getting a little flaming dp's in your life. I dont know if your married but it brings the freaks out and Im not talking the uglys!!! Cubbies!!!

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Good god your English has gotten worse! Can't say I'm at all surprised by this post either, carry on with your hypothetical ideas for this offseason, sure the Cubs could sign every top FA for a decent amount and BE BIG MARKET TEAM!!!!

If Ricketts wants to put a lot more fans in the seats and he wants his team to get a lot better, then he will have to fork out the money to do just that. Not that he needs to buy every free agent nor every expensive one, but the Cubs are going to have to invest in something other than the farm.

The Cubs are a horrible team and their overall play and record proves it.

Not all people are patient enough to wait this storm out, and it is showing year by year at the ticket office.

Soon, the players will also get frustrated also if they aren't already.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Ricketts wants to put a lot more fans in the seats and he wants his team to get a lot better, then he will have to fork out the money to do just that. Not that he needs to buy every free agent nor every expensive one, but the Cubs are going to have to invest in something other than the farm.

The Cubs are a horrible team and their overall play and record proves it.

Not all people are patient enough to wait this storm out, and it is showing year by year at the ticket office.

Soon, the players will also get frustrated also if they aren't already.

That post was literally a big joke towards him, but okay, obviously he's gonna have to pay to win, who doesn't? And I'm fully aware that peoploe are impatient, so am I, doesn't mean I care that much, I barely event watch this team play, no point to.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Salami I suggest you getting a little flaming dp's in your life. I dont know if your married but it brings the freaks out and Im not talking the uglys!!! Cubbies!!!

I am married and I mainly drink Budweiser and red wine.

It's bad enough my wife's cooking allows me to shit through a fine screen from fifty yards away. No need to try from a hundred yards out.

patg006

Liked Posts:
I am married and I mainly drink Budweiser and red wine.

It's bad enough my wife's cooking allows me to shit through a fine screen from fifty yards away. No need to try from a hundred yards out.

Elegantly said, Salami :eek:hmy:

Fortunately for me, my girlfriend's cooking does not do that....

However...flaming dp's is something I wont add to the equation....

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
What does Theo serve at the Chi city sports board meetings?

I am sure most experts here get personal mansion invites....
I think Chris J does.

patg006

Liked Posts:
What does Theo serve at the Chi city sports board meetings?

I am sure most experts here get personal mansion invites....

Not me.....still wonder why. I'm getting hungry