If he gives solid D

Oh yeah, he gives solid D.

2300173-heybaby.jpg

:fap:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watching the Ranger broadcast and they talked to Nolan Ryan. The only player he mentioned he said he was sad to go was C.J. Edwards and the Cubs really liked him.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watching the Ranger broadcast and they talked to Nolan Ryan. The only player he mentioned he said he was sad to go was C.J. Edwards and the Cubs really liked him.

Makes sense since other guys they dealt were blocked. Olt blocked by Beltre. Grimm would be about 8th guy in line after getting Garza + TEX got Yu and Ogando back

BBQb

Liked Posts:
Just wanted to add my two cents on the trade - the players the Cubs received.

Olt will be a good player. Good power, good arm & glove. We just did not have a spot for him with Beltre being at 3rd base. We had a good feeling Michael Young would not return this year, so with Olt, we new that if anything happened to Beltre (DL), he would immediately take his spot at 3rd. We thought about using him some at 1st base, but Moreland is a good glove. And with a true 3rd baseman like Olt, sticking him in the outfield to take up some innings prolly isn't the best for him.

I got to see Olt play some last year, and he looks like he belongs in the majors. Good stroke, power to all fields, and like I mentioned, a solid 3rd baseman. He should be playing everyday next year. He will def make camp.

Mike+Olt

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Mike+Olt+Detroit+Tigers+v+Texas+Rangers+2AhhFGUdfdkl.jpg

(Dammit the image would not post) - my bad.

CJ Edwards - we hear nothing but good things about this kid. Only time will tell before he makes his big league start. But his stuff is legit. Just have to be patient.

Justin Grimm never would have gotten any starts this year if the Rangers didn't have so many guys hit the DL. He should some good promise, had some good innings, but just wasn't quite ready. Gave up too many long balls in bunches.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting. Nice to hear a Rangers fan's perspective on things.

BBQb

Liked Posts:
Interesting. Nice to hear a Rangers fan's perspective on things.

Anytime.

I know the Cubs really wanted Martin Perez. And for good reason. He would have been plugged into the rotation right away. Young crafty left hander. The Rangers just couldn't give that up.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I think it was stupid. We knew it was coming and it still pisses me off. I think we should've just worked out a way to extend him.

Maybe in a few years Theo will look like some kind of mastermind, but right now I want to slap the whole regime with my dick.
You mean when he's in year 4 of his "4 year plan"? :smh:

BrewCrewFan

Liked Posts:
The Cubs got a great deal for Garza. I don't know if you can do much better for a pitcher with Garza's health issues, and the fact that he's a FA at the end of the season.