The Giants

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
No one has crowned him. If he plays well next game no one will crown him.
People have already written him off however, and if he doesn’t play well they will just confirm that.

I've written him off. I own it.

I will either eat a ton of crow ... or I will be right.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You're a bears fan its understandable...

Nah, I wrote off Jake Plummer after a few years and he was never on the Bears. Faulty correlation.

Unless you are saying it's TYPICAL for Bears fans to prematurely write off Bear QBs right as they rise to greatness?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
i think its just typical of Bears fans to be gun shy of QBs

Got ya. A good faith comment.

I have been under fire continually here that I saw an attack where there was none.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Let me throw some actual stats for people....

The Giants had one of the better rushing defenses in the league last year per average.

They allowed 3.9 yards per carry which was the same as the Bears.
They were lower third of the league in allowed yards per pass attempt at 7.6.

They limited Pittsburgh 100 yds less then the Bears did against Detroit... without Galladay.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
They limited Pittsburgh 100 yds less then the Bears did against Detroit... without Galladay.

every game is different. every game plan and matchup is different. It was a 1 week sample size.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Let me throw some actual stats for people....

The Giants had one of the better rushing defenses in the league last year per average.

They allowed 3.9 yards per carry which was the same as the Bears.
They were lower third of the league in allowed yards per pass attempt at 7.6.

every year is different. every game plan and matchup is different. It was a one year sample size.

you saw the regression from the 2018 bears defense to 2019. new players, injuries, free agency, cap casualty, players (nfl players age in dog years already) another year older, ball bounces, etc.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
every year is different. every game plan and matchup is different. It was a one year sample size.

you saw the regression from the 2018 bears defense to 2019. new players, injuries, free agency, cap casualty, players (nfl players age in dog years already) another year older, ball bounces, etc.
So your saying we dont know if the giants are a bad team and if we beat them it means trubs is the man
Excellent

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
So your saying we dont know if the giants are a bad team and if we beat them it means trubs is the man
Excellent

sure if that's what it takes to make you feel better when mitch struggles again

Toast88

Liked Posts:
If Trubisky again plays 3 terrible quarters and 1 amazing quarter, it will show me that the Bears should start Foles and have Trubisky come in in the 4th.

In all seriousness, a Bears win against the Giants shows me that this Bears team as a whole is better than the Lions and Giants. That's not nothing. But no, it doesn't tell me anything about Mitch. He looked absolutely lost against the Lions' zone defense, which is nothing new. He looked kickass against their man-to-man, which is nothing new.

There's literally no new information, so my thoughts have not changed.

I would need to see strides, go from read-to-read, put the ball on the numbers and not way behind his receivers, play well while taking the ball from under center, and do that all consistently. That doesn't have to mean he has 5 straight great games, but it does have to mean he does all of those things consistently. We'll know it when we see it, but in my opinion, we'll never see it. He's not the guy.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I've written him off. I own it.

I will either eat a ton of crow ... or I will be right.

I'm with you. I wish Mitch no ill will, and as long as he's the Bears quarterback, I'll root my head off for him and hope he kicks ass.

He seems like a legitimately good guy. He works hard. He says the right things. His teammates like him.

He's just not a very good quarterback.

Anyone sticking their neck out professing that he's going to suddenly pan out and become really good is going to be wrong. Anyone expecting Mitch to become a good NFL quarterback is going to be on the wrong side of history. That's just how it is.

I'm more than happy for people to bring this post back up in a year or two or whenever. If I'm wrong, good. If I'm right, well, it was expected.

PFTCB

Liked Posts:
Yup.

Not really sure how you can consider any game a "trap" game when you should have just lost to a 3-13 team from last year.

Also, the defense played like ass, you can bet they will try to bring their A game and focus.

This is such bullshit. They were 3-13 without Stafford for most of the season with some REALLY close games all season and 2 losses to the Packers which refs decided. That's the 13-3 Division Losers Packers. So they weren't THAT bad.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Mitch won't have much reason to throw. If the improved O line play wasn't an aberration (and it likely wasn't) then the defense and the run game should be enough to control the game. Prepare yourself for a frustrating game from Mitch where he throws for 180 yards, a TD and pick and we still win by a TD.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
A good game from Mitchell means improvement.
If he throws for 400plus and 6 TDs then maybe we can start the Legit/elite Qb talks.
All these Mitchell haters claiming that some of us is going overboard saying that we said Mitchell is elite or whatsoever needs to back that shit up and prove it. They on some false pretense bullshit, loves making shit up too, Cut the games and admit you got hate in your blood.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
A good game from Mitchell means improvement.
If he throws for 400plus and 6 TDs then maybe we can start the Legit/elite Qb talks.
All these Mitchell haters claiming that some of us is going overboard saying that we said Mitchell is elite or whatsoever needs to back that shit up and prove it. They on some false pretense bullshit, loves making shit up too, Cut the games and admit you got hate in your blood.