3B: Schmidt
OF: Mays
OF: Bonds
OF: Aaron

SP: Seaver
SP: Maddux
SP: Clemens
SP: Pedro

Special Mentions: Jackie Robinson for obvious reasons, Minnie Minoso for similar yet not so obvious reasons.

And that's about it. Everyone else is DQ'd for not playing against black guys, those are the only people I really care about being in. Everything else is bullshit.

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:
Honestly this is one of those things where I am "Brett Stubborn" I will not back down on my views that cheaters shouldn't be in the HOF. I WOULD block out a whole generation because people SHOULD know about the cheating, but these players shouldn't be rewarded for what they did collectively and individually during that era. Call me a bigot, get mud, but I don't care. Cheaters never win, and they never should.

So., would you allow players in today's "post steroid era" into the HOF? Chances are very good that there are a ton of guys who are using something in today's game that haven't tested positive.

Steroids are just evident in today's game (if not more) than in the "steroid era"

Unfortunately because the testing process is limited and flawed, you will never truly figure out who is and who is not a steroid user.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
So., would you allow players in today's "post steroid era" into the HOF? Chances are very good that there are a ton of guys who are using something in today's game that haven't tested positive.

Steroids are just evident in today's game (if not more) than in the "steroid era"

Unfortunately because the testing process is limited and flawed, you will never truly figure out who is and who is not a steroid user.

:yep: Not to mention the guys form before the steroid era, it obviously started long before it caught national attention or became obvious.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
:yep: Not to mention the guys form before the steroid era, it obviously started long before it caught national attention or became obvious.

...and nobody cared...

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:

Bingo.

BUT some may say that it was okay then since steroids were not officially banned since 1990.

Others may say steroids use was okay because they were not tested for it until 2004. How many of you would smoke pot, or do other drugs freely is A. it was not illegal, banned or tested for?

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bingo.

BUT some may say that it was okay then since steroids were not officially banned since 1990.

Others may say steroids use was okay because they were not tested for it until 2004. How many of you would smoke pot, or do other drugs freely is A. it was not illegal, banned or tested for?

I wouldn't, because I can't afford it :lol:

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
This may sound hypocritical, and will be unfair to some more than others, but... if you were caught cheating, no you can't get in. If you weren't then you did a damn good job hiding it, but there is no evidence you juiced so come on down. However in today's game with punishments being implemented and players losing games, and not to mention being monitored more closely I would be willing to vote in Melky Cabrera. Melky because most of his career has been played under testing, I dont know about Manny and Papi.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Bingo.

Seems pretty ridiculous even if they weren't banned at the time. Player A is pure talent because he didn't cheat, Player B did the same thing but he's a fake. Just don't see it that way.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
This may sound hypocritical, and will be unfair to some more than others, but... if you were caught cheating, no you can't get in. If you weren't then you did a damn good job hiding it, but there is no evidence you juiced so come on down. However in today's game with punishments being implemented and players losing games, and not to mention being monitored more closely I would be willing to vote in Melky Cabrera. Melky because most of his career has been played under testing, I dont know about Manny and Papi.

:smh:

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:

But it wasn't until this year that he ever actually produced shit.

I get what you are saying, but why should Cheater A (Sosa) be banned when Cheater B... (enter heavily rumored name) be allowed? Just because he wasn't caught?

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
But it wasn't until this year that he ever actually produced shit.

I get what you are saying, but why should Cheater A (Sosa) be banned when Cheater B... (enter heavily rumored name) be allowed? Just because he wasn't caught?

I know my logic flawed. But it's just my principle of innocent until proven guilty, and to me the Mitchell report is the end all be all. If Thomas was caught, I would be vehemently against him going to the HOF too, just saying.

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:
sadly, baseball is not like the court of law. More often than not in today's game it is guilty til proven innocent.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
9039d1345848425-lance-armstrong-busted-doping-sammy_sosa_before_after.jpg

he just took vitamins and worked really hard and stuffzz. maybezz he wentz thrusz teh pubertiyzzzzzzzzzzzzz latezz andz stuffsszzs

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
9039d1345848425-lance-armstrong-busted-doping-sammy_sosa_before_after.jpg

he just took vitamins and worked really hard and stuffzz. maybezz he wentz thrusz teh pubertiyzzzzzzzzzzzzz latezz andz stuffsszzs

Not saying he didn't, wsm said he uses the Mitchell Report as the end all, he wasn't on it.

You can't block an entire generation of players out because there were steroids around. You also can't pick and choose which ones you think were on them. But for you, your "He's on the Cubs, must be worse than everyone else" thing works well, doesn't it?