The Importance of Club Dub

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
I have to assume this must be something not exactly new. This isn't a revolutionary idea put into play by the Bears to celebrate night club style after every win. I'm sure other teams do or have done something very similar to Club Dub. Anybody know? I'm here to give my thoughts just on how important this way of celebrating every win might be. It injects more will to win in this team and it brings these guys closer together. The bonding and the fun aspect of this simply cannot be overstated. These guys go into every week and every game wanting to win that much more when they know they've got Club Dub after the game, if they win. This team is playing well as a team and team has been mentioned repeatedly. This might be the closest Bears team and best locker room this organization has had since the mid 80s. They have a great coaching staff and great leadership across the board. There's something very special going on with this team. I don't know if you can sense it, but I really wouldn't be surprised if the Bears absolutely dominate their opponents in the post season on their way to a Super Bowl title. These guys are just having fun out there during the games and after the wins. I love it! :woot::woot: GO BEARS!

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Nagy got the idea from Joe Madden and the Cubs party room according to a story I read

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Last season, the Eagles did this.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
needs more fog

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
Last season, the Eagles did this.

Hmm what I remember from the Eagles last year were the dog masks the players wore. Didn't know that. Wonder what Trey Burton thinks of this team vs the Championship team he was on last season … The 2017 Eagles and 2018 Bears do seem to have some similarities.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
My question is who chooses the soundtrack?

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Merlot Joe had nothing to do with this. The players were encouraged to have fun and enjoy success and as a way of coping with the week one gutpunch they held dance-offs and shit which spiraled into Club Dub. It has nothing to do with Joe Maddon and his stupid clown shows or petting zoos. This comes from the players with Nagy's blessing.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Hmm what I remember from the Eagles last year were the dog masks the players wore. Didn't know that. Wonder what Trey Burton thinks of this team vs the Championship team he was on last season … The 2017 Eagles and 2018 Bears do seem to have some similarities.

i think there was a local rapper or something that they all played in the locker room. the dog masks didnt come until the playoffs. The Bears might be the first to name their fun times a club though. I like it. Good chemistry. Poor taste in music but they are young and I am old.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/2/4/16971168/eagles-meek-mill-video-dreams-nightmares-super-bowl

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The club dub thing is super cool and as a fan, it is really gratifying to see that the players are actually having fun.

But lets be real. The whole thing is a pretty thin veneer. Its really just riding the thrill of winning. Winning consistently and sometimes decisively. Its a fucking rush.

None of this shit is there if the bears are 4-10 this season. I like Nagy and I like the "be you" and "have fun" message, but everything starts with winning. Its the difference between McMahon, the lovable punky rogue and Cutler the aloof douchebag.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
i think there was a local rapper or something that they all played in the locker room. the dog masks didnt come until the playoffs. The Bears might be the first to name their fun times a club though. I like it. Good chemistry. Poor taste in music but they are young and I am old.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/2/4/16971168/eagles-meek-mill-video-dreams-nightmares-super-bowl

If you were the DJ, what music would you be playing? I think they should throw some B-52s and Devo up in Club Dub.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I like it. 85 bears had their Super Bowl shuffle and 2018 bears have club dub. I feel we got that swagger back that we lost when we traded for bitch face cutler

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
If you were the DJ, what music would you be playing? I think they should throw some B-52s and Devo up in Club Dub.

I'm gonna assume the rest of the team would be around my age too? I really have no idea, fart. I like Metallica and ACDC. I like Zeppelin and Floyd. I like most music actually. I dig the old school rap. It's really just the new mumble rap stuff I cant get behind. I cant relate and it's not for me. I dig the Bears diggin it though. I'm not hating.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
The club dub thing is super cool and as a fan, it is really gratifying to see that the players are actually having fun.

But lets be real. The whole thing is a pretty thin veneer. Its really just riding the thrill of winning. Winning consistently and sometimes decisively. Its a fucking rush.

None of this shit is there if the bears are 4-10 this season. I like Nagy and I like the "be you" and "have fun" message, but everything starts with winning. Its the difference between McMahon, the lovable punky rogue and Cutler the aloof douchebag.

No doubt. And as soon as next year, when winning will be the week-by-week expectation no matter the opponent, these types of things will get old fast. Its easy to be loose and fun and dancing after the games when you're the upstart team in the NFL, but next year the whole world is going to be picking the Bears to win the Super Bowl (no matter how they finish this season) and the pressure is going to be on big time. Bears schedule next year is brutal, its going to be a tough go.

That said everyone should enjoy the hell out of this while they can.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Did they have a club el after the giants?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
It'd be sweet if Nagy would arrange for a rapper to do a surprise performance at Club Dub. Imagine that locker room :woot:

Pete Carroll did that with Snoop Dogg when he was at USC.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
It'd be sweet if Nagy would arrange for a rapper to do a surprise performance at Club Dub. Imagine that locker room :woot:

Pete Carroll did that with Snoop Dogg when he was at USC.

This isn't college.