The Kizer train

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
I expect the Browns to trade #12 for JG, and select Garrett #1.
Man, that is such a high price to pay for JG. I guess if you think he's a franchise then pull the trigger. If im getting JG for the 12 pick, im looking to trade the 1st pick. Build up more draft picks, it would help the team more than Garrett. Hopefully JG is worth it, I'd like to see the Browns get themselves out of the gutter. I feel bad for their fans. That being said, I'd feel pretty good about any of those three players at 3. Watson would probably be my choice of those two QBs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
........and some other team may take him b4 us. I've never been a fan of trading back. One's scouting dept. should be good enuff to zero in on what we need where we're slotted in the draft.

We traded back twice last year and still ended up getting C.Whitehair.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can buy that. But I don't think there's a lot of history on his side of QBs with his skillset who make huge strides to get better enough to have a long and productive career.

I think similar HWS, arm talent prospects with lackluster college results in the last several years have been guys like Manuel, Bortles, VY, Freeman, etc. Jameis Winston fits the mold too, but was clearly a better college passer than all these guys.

If you told me Kizer was going to be Freeman with a better brain, I'd reluctantly take it, but I still don't know that's much better than Blake Bortles in the end.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Good decisions and accuracy with enough arm is what the NFL is about. No is to know how anyone will turn out. Commitment to take coaching and study is what you need to see to even begin that projection.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Quote Originally Posted by run and shoot View Post
........and some other team may take him b4 us. I've never been a fan of trading back. One's scouting dept. should be good enuff to zero in on what we need where we're slotted in the draft.

We traded back twice last year and still ended up getting C.Whitehair.

we also only scored 17pts a game

RisWell01

Liked Posts:
Yeah because if a QB shares any physical traits with another QB, they MUST be the exact same player!!!!1!!!
How about Blane Gabbert then. Kizer reminds me of him. Kizer sucks and only reason he is talked about us because of his physical tools but come draft day he wont even crack the top 10.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
And that has what exactly to do with you not being a fan of trading back and me saying we traded back twice and got C.Whitehair??

Not sure what C.Whitehair has to do with the thread topic
Please note this thread is about "The Kizer train". Kizer may help us score more pts. If He's there at 3 take him. DON'T trade back.

we need to find somebody to help us score more points...... via the best / highest draft choice possible. We don't need to be trading back. We need our scouting dept. ( as Belichick would say) do your job

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
not sure what c.whitehair has to do with the thread topic
please note this thread is about "the kizer train". Kizer may help us score more pts. If he's there at 3 take him. Don't trade back.

We need to find somebody to help us score more points...... Via the best / highest draft choice possible. We don't need to be trading back. We need our scouting dept. ( as belichick would say) do your job

wtf?

RisWell01

Liked Posts:
47 TDs to 19 INTs in two years as a starter. A career completion percentage of 60.9 despite consistently pushing the ball downfield far more than most college QBs do. But yeah, carry on with your alternative facts.
Are his stats suppose to be a positive if so its a fail. If your a big time, big arm QB you better have better #s then that in todays college football. Yea in the 90s or early 2000 but not in this era.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Are his stats suppose to be a positive if so its a fail. If your a big time, big arm QB you better have better #s then that in todays college football. Yea in the 90s or early 2000 but not in this era.

I was simply responding to the claim of too many turnovers and defending his accuracy. Using college stats to project NFL success is a recipe for failure. If ridiculous college numbers meant anything the NFL would be dominated by Air Raid QBs but apparently it's not.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Not sure what C.Whitehair has to do with the thread topic
Please note this thread is about "The Kizer train". Kizer may help us score more pts. If He's there at 3 take him. DON'T trade back.

we need to find somebody to help us score more points...... via the best / highest draft choice possible. We don't need to be trading back. We need our scouting dept. ( as Belichick would say) do your job

Hahaha you're impossible to have a reasonable debate with.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was simply responding to the claim of too many turnovers and defending his accuracy. Using college stats to project NFL success is a recipe for failure. If ridiculous college numbers meant anything the NFL would be dominated by Air Raid QBs but apparently it's not.

This. People don't look at football players' abilities anymore, they look at stat lines to judge them.

I blame fantasy football.