The Mitch Sitters: what would make you change your mind?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mike Glennon can go 0-10 and I'd still want him as this years starter.

What would change my mind if Josh Sitton was healthy and the Bears had a WR corp that wouldn't be a joke on the College football level also a real head coach that didn't clock out years ago.

BEARS WILL NOT BE COMPETITIVE WITH TRUBISKY OR NOT THIS YEAR!

I do not agree that the Bears would not be competitive with Trub. But that isn't the most important point. The point most important is that Trubisky needs to LEARN and playing him is required for that to happen. It is not going to happen with him sitting on the bench. Like I said before, don't start him against Pittsburgh. Start him after the GB game where he has some additional time to prepare for his first start against a mediocre team. IF they do not do it, then, it will seal the deal on Fox getting fired.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
2018 Bears
Trubisky anointed starter.
WRs get injured.
Oline gets injured.

Do we then have to sit Trubisky to keep him from getting beat up in his virtual rookie year?

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think we'll see Trubisky until MUCH later in the year unless Glennon AND Sanchez get hurt. I'd like to install MT when he has a chance to get educated, practice with the starters, and game plan. I could see it not being until after the BYE week.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I don't think we'll see Trubisky until MUCH later in the year unless Glennon AND Sanchez get hurt. I'd like to install MT when he has a chance to get educated, practice with the starters, and game plan. I could see it not being until after the BYE week.

Sanchez isn't dressing and sounds like isn't practicing much. If Glennon gets hurt in a game they'd have little choice but to put Trubisky in.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
What bugs me the most is that based on the depth chart...Trubisky should be playing. If he was "not ready" he'd be #3. This tells me that Glennon is really only playing to appease Glennon. Which means he's a mental midget, but probably a decent backup.

I still think that they should have started Trubs week 1 and never looked back. I'd feel a lot better if he got his rookie mistakes out of the way in his rookie season. But that time has passed

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Too risky to play Trubs right now. Would anyone expect him to play well with the supporting cast he has available to him? Everyone BELIEVES Trubs has the proper mental makeup to take the body blows he will as a rookie on this team, but that is not a guarantee by any means. This type of thing has killed many young QBs. There will be a point during the season in which Trubs will have done enough prep work from the bench to earn a few games. The process has started with him getting some reps with the starters.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
One more time: It's not about him playing well, it's about him getting experience.

Oh he can't play, he sat all through college. Let's have him sit the whole year on the Bears, then he'll magically have experience.
If sitting made a player ready to play why isn't Glennon?

If you're wanting to wait until we have a great team he will never play.
What are you going to do next year when he's named the starter and the teams starts going on IR, sit him?

He's had enough prep to have seeing at least one series so far. That's not going to happen because he will show up Glennon and we can't have a QB controversy.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Let Trubisky learn.....what NOT 2 do. Maybe ya let him in blow out games but let mg continue to start

Are you fucking kidding me??? Trubisky needs to be on the bench to learn not to turn the ball over??? :facepalm2:

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
What bugs me the most is that based on the depth chart...Trubisky should be playing. If he was "not ready" he'd be #3. This tells me that Glennon is really only playing to appease Glennon. Which means he's a mental midget, but probably a decent backup.

I still think that they should have started Trubs week 1 and never looked back. I'd feel a lot better if he got his rookie mistakes out of the way in his rookie season. But that time has passed

Exactly. And it's quite simply cause he's the better QB. Does anybody really think we get beat 29-7 if he's playing Sunday?? I guarantee we don't. We would have had at least a chance to win.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Glennon is the perfect example of how sitting on the bench does fuck all to improve a player. Rodgers is always brought up as the reason to sit a QB but who is to say he wouldn't have had the same results starting from day 1? The biggest knock on Trubsiky? Not enough experience. How much experience is getting sitting on the bench?

All QBs are going to make mistakes when they hit the field. I'd like to see Mitch make those mistakes in a meaningless season and learn from it so he can be ready when the team around him is ready to compete.

Derek Carr, Marcus Mariota and Carson Wentz are recent examples of QBs who started from day 1, made their mistakes, and grew into their role over time. None of those QBs had ideal situations day 1 and all needed an influx of weapons but their teams wisely didn't wait until the situation was "ideal" before putting them in. Mitch has a solid O-Line and what would be a very good run game in any offense that doesn't have Glennon at the helm. Not only are the Bears better off with Mitch starting but so is he. He needs the reps and sitting on the bench does nothing for that.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mike Glennon can go 0-10 and I'd still want him as this years starter.

What would change my mind if Josh Sitton was healthy and the Bears had a WR corp that wouldn't be a joke on the College football level also a real head coach that didn't clock out years ago.

BEARS WILL NOT BE COMPETITIVE WITH TRUBISKY OR NOT THIS YEAR!

I guess some of us think higher of Trubs than others.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Do the ones who want a better team/coach around before Trubisky realize they're saying to never play him?
You're not building a HOF team only with the draft. No good FAs are going to come here with our China Doll #2 QB sitting on a shelf.

I understand what you want but that's not how it works in real life. In real life the worst teams get first dibs on QBs. Then you finish the build.
If you build a team and then go for a QB you get sloppy seconds or you trade the farm for a #1 pick.

He has to play this year and look like he's the guy for pace to have a good shot at FA. In a way, it's good that Glennon sucks and Mitch looked that good. It will eventually force their hands. If Glennon played well and stayed healthy, no coach would replace him while still viable for the playoffs.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Start him after the bye week no matter who else is healthy, you have to see what he's got and give him first team reps. He may be the answer he may not, if not its a great QB class this year

we are not drafting a QB (other then a very late round back up prospect) anytime soon. MT is going to get a few years before labeled a bust..

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

And if we were 0-2 with Trubbs ya'll would be calling him a bust. And don't give me the "we would be patient because he's a rookie" because that is bull shit.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is that you John Fox?

Nope, i just don't bitch and complain about things i can't control. I hope he starts at some point but i also hope Glennon plays good. I sure as hell aint going to sit here and spew nonsense about knowing more than coaches.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
we are not drafting a QB (other then a very late round back up prospect) anytime soon. MT is going to get a few years before labeled a bust..

That's sort of stupid (although true). If he comes out and plays like absolute crap or even like Orton the whole year you know who he is, he'll improve but won't become a great one. You should pass on another potential great one because you have a likely mediocre or bust already.
Sure if you don't have a high pick you don't trade the future to get one, but if you got a high pick and DangOl' you'd better grab him. There's no downside to it. If it all works out you have a good QB to trade for more picks.

And if we were 0-2 with Trubbs ya'll would be calling him a bust. And don't give me the "we would be patient because he's a rookie" because that is bull shit.

So, that's Bears fans. If not this year then next year. You're saying we can't ever play any players because they will have a bad day and fans will condemn them for it. Even good players will end up getting their pay day and then fans will condemn them for minor screw ups.
That is Bears fans, get used to it.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, that's Bears fans. If not this year then next year. You're saying we can't ever play any players because they will have a bad day and fans will condemn them for it. Even good players will end up getting their pay day and then fans will condemn them for minor screw ups.
That is Bears fans, get used to it.

Is that even close to what i said? um, no. The Bears are the ones not strating Trubbs, not me. I'm just stating the obvious. Bears fans bitching about him not starting until he starts then bitch that he shouldnt be starting.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Is that even close to what i said? um, no. The Bears are the ones not strating Trubbs, not me. I'm just stating the obvious. Bears fans bitching about him not starting until he starts then bitch that he shouldnt be starting.

They do that too.
In your bitching about Bears fans bitching it's sounding like you're defending them not playing Trubisky.